Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tipping point thicko 16:34 - Oct 9 with 1791 viewsloftboy

Who was president of the USA on the 1st January 2000

Contestants: George Washington!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tipping point thicko on 17:32 - Oct 9 with 1662 viewsenfieldargh

Connor Washington?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Tipping point thicko on 17:42 - Oct 9 with 1622 viewsQPRSteve

The Chase just now

What country to didgeridoos originate from?

Contestant: Denmark
Tipping point thicko on 17:46 - Oct 9 with 1617 viewsMalintabuk

And he was a teacher!!!!...... takes the low offer and caught in the four..... thought the beast was going to tell him to f*** off..... he has our children's future in his hands
Tipping point thicko on 18:08 - Oct 9 with 1564 viewsGloucs_R

My father in law was on it this week....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Tipping point thicko on 18:25 - Oct 9 with 1545 viewsCamberleyR

The most stupid quiz show answer ever. FACT.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Tipping point thicko on 18:30 - Oct 9 with 1532 viewsSharpy36

Tipping point thicko on 17:46 - Oct 9 by Malintabuk

And he was a teacher!!!!...... takes the low offer and caught in the four..... thought the beast was going to tell him to f*** off..... he has our children's future in his hands

I bet he can name all 103 genders though and thier prefered pronouns.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Tipping point thicko on 18:35 - Oct 9 with 1525 viewscollegeranger

Nothing beats this

Tipping point thicko on 19:30 - Oct 9 with 1419 viewswortonranger

Tipping point thicko on 18:35 - Oct 9 by collegeranger

Nothing beats this

Indeed a classic. I saw it when first broadcast and literally fell off my chair laughing.
Incidentally I’ve been on the Chase, Tipping Point and Mastermind as well as quite a few others over The years. Brilliant fun!
Login to get fewer ads

Tipping point thicko on 19:46 - Oct 9 with 1379 viewsloftboy

Tipping point thicko on 19:30 - Oct 9 by wortonranger

Indeed a classic. I saw it when first broadcast and literally fell off my chair laughing.
Incidentally I’ve been on the Chase, Tipping Point and Mastermind as well as quite a few others over The years. Brilliant fun!

I’ve applied to the chase but have been waiting years, any tips on getting selected? Cheers
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 19:47]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tipping point thicko on 19:49 - Oct 9 with 1368 viewscharmr

Family feud US version of family fortunes.

Question, What might a woman carry in her handbag.

Answer, A gun.

Steve Harvey the presenters reaction was wonderful as well.
Tipping point thicko on 20:46 - Oct 9 with 1243 viewsMalintabuk

Tipping point thicko on 19:30 - Oct 9 by wortonranger

I was of the generation that thought Max was a bit naff..... but my old mum bless her loved him. So my brother and I took her way back in the 70s to the Palladium to see him dreading it..... absolutely fantastic 2 hours of literally non stop laughing and entertainment..... and really near the knuckle....
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 20:47]
Tipping point thicko on 10:22 - Oct 10 with 937 viewswortonranger

Tipping point thicko on 19:46 - Oct 9 by loftboy

I’ve applied to the chase but have been waiting years, any tips on getting selected? Cheers

I think experience helps - I ‘d already done quite a few Gameshows going back to Big Break if you remember that.
However...
They call it “casting”. Each show is carefully put together to get a balanced team. The emphasis is on entertainment so you need to seem entertaining when you fill in the form. They like the unusual- jobs, anecdotes, dreams etc. Needs to be funny and different.
Bear in mind they need to cover a range of locations, ages, minorities. Harder to get on if you’re in London I would say. Bradley’s an ex pro footballer, so there might be a QPR story that could work.
If you get on a “ long list”, you get a phone call out of the blue. Need to be lively, enthusiastic and not phased. I think they have upped the level of knowledge they want to get on. Tipping Point is easier in that respect. Both shows were brilliant fun, plus I won a few quid to boot!
Message me if you get an audition and I’ll advise! You R’s!
Tipping point thicko on 10:55 - Oct 10 with 900 viewsBoston

Capital Radio 1970’s

Dave Cash
Q. Capital of Chile?

Caller
A, Con Carne.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tipping point thicko on 11:19 - Oct 10 with 851 viewsstowmarketrange

Tipping point thicko on 19:46 - Oct 9 by loftboy

Further to what Worton wrote about walsh’s football career,I played against him a few times at Rod Stewart’s home in Epping.He was as funny on the pitch as he is on the tv.He even scored a hat trick against me on the last occasion we played.
You could always put on your application form that you did the same and that you’d like to shake his hand again and remember playing against Rod’s vagabonds team and how Rod’s brother Don was the referee.Also we always went down to the Theydon oak for a pint or two after because him and Rod used it as their local.They also had Terry Gibson and Peter Kitchen playing for them in the very late 90’s
I can message you Rod’s old address to make it look more convincing if you’d like.
Good luck.
Tipping point thicko on 13:41 - Oct 10 with 770 viewsSonofNorfolt

In the 90's for some reason, I auditioned for 'Fifteen to one.'
With a heavy duty hangover I traipsed to Wandsworth Town Hall and took my place amongst the hoi polloi who think they are genii, myself included.
I got chatting to a bloke who had travelled from Southend for this and I got the early impression that he wasn't going to be the series champion.
Trying to get ahead of the scrum to be seen first, we managed to obtain a place in the second batch of fifteen, so that I could get out of there for a hair of the dog.
They asked the questions in the same way as the show.
I was first to go and got three correct from three.
The shrimper, beside me, got his first two wrong and was then asked
'Which large English National Park is partly in two Northern Counties? Or something like that. Not initially easy I thought, possibly the Lake District when in fact the correct answer was the Yorkshire Dales.
'Whipsnade' he confidently shouted, at which point I couldn't help myself and burst out laughing.
He got on the show, I didn't.
Tipping point thicko on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 741 viewskensalriser

Back to the question in the OP. I had to think about the answer for a minute.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024