Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Family rivals. 17:27 - Oct 8 with 1681 viewsqpr_1968

lucky enough all my immediate family are qpr fanatics.
brother and his 5 kids
sister and two sons
uncle and 4 kids
dad, grandad, and all distant relatives, mainly from hayes, ladbroke grove and shepherds bush.

nearest to a rival are my 3 brother in laws, wifes brothers, fulham st holder, chelsea st holder, millwall st holder.

whose family is rife with the scum, other rivals or none.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Family rivals. on 17:35 - Oct 8 with 1659 viewshantssi

Myself and son, R’s
Brother (beestonranger) also an R as is one of his boys, the other is a Florist!!
Our mums side of the family are all Spurs, so that’s grand parents, uncles and cousins plus their kids.
Final of 1982 was a great family day.
Family rivals. on 17:53 - Oct 8 with 1624 viewsBoston

ALL Rangers, no matter what country of birth or residence.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Family rivals. on 17:56 - Oct 8 with 1616 viewsHAYESBOY

Have cousins that are Brentford and have enjoyed giving me stick over the last 3 years.

No Chelsea in the family.
That was made clear at the christenings!

Smells like a trout farm in here

Family rivals. on 18:16 - Oct 8 with 1571 viewslightwaterhoop

Have cousins on my mothers side who support Portsmouth which is a shame as we are usually in a different division and its a great away trip.Met up a few times over the years after games and done the pubs in Southsea and Shepherds Bush.
Family rivals. on 18:20 - Oct 8 with 1560 viewsqpr_1968

Family rivals. on 18:16 - Oct 8 by lightwaterhoop

Have cousins on my mothers side who support Portsmouth which is a shame as we are usually in a different division and its a great away trip.Met up a few times over the years after games and done the pubs in Southsea and Shepherds Bush.

the pompey game 2 januarys ago was a good day at fratton park, fa cup.
went to a good few pubs before and after the game, got soaked walking to the pub after the game, but well worth it.

Family rivals. on 18:29 - Oct 8 with 1543 viewshantssi

Family rivals. on 18:20 - Oct 8 by qpr_1968

the pompey game 2 januarys ago was a good day at fratton park, fa cup.
went to a good few pubs before and after the game, got soaked walking to the pub after the game, but well worth it.

There are some great pubs in Southsea if you know which ones to go to.
Had some great nights out there.
Family rivals. on 18:41 - Oct 8 with 1518 viewsqpr_1968

Family rivals. on 18:29 - Oct 8 by hantssi

There are some great pubs in Southsea if you know which ones to go to.
Had some great nights out there.

not sure where we were after the game, but was quite a walk.
a weatherspoons pub, and i brunel pub.
i think a pub called the surrey arms was near by, but didnt go in.
ended up getting a cab back to the pub we was in before the game, lsa went there as well.
cant remember the name.

Family rivals. on 19:34 - Oct 8 with 1458 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All Rangers in our family, bar my Brother who switched to Arsenal at a young age and a Brother-in-Law from Manchester who supports Utd.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Family rivals. on 20:07 - Oct 8 with 1397 viewsjoe90

Me and my baby daughter are QPR.

Wife's family all West Ham.

My brothers and nephews and nieces are AFC Wimbledon.
Family rivals. on 20:32 - Oct 8 with 1357 viewsstowmarketrange

Not many R’s fans in my family apart from my youngest daughter and brother.Now she has discovered boys exist so not many appearances at games last season,although she did bring the boyfriend (Man Utd/ Norwich) to the hull game last season,which probably put them both off for a while.My in-laws are all scum,and they even called their dog Chelsea because it was a Kerry blue.
When I first met them in 1991 none of them ever went because their team were crap.I even took their youngest boy to a few qpr games as he wanted to watch live football and nobody went to their tip of a ground then.I got a great picture of him in my old Guinness shirt.
Now him and his old man go every week home and away.
They’ll always know that I know they’re glory hunters,which I always mention when they start with their champions league garbage.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 22:59]
Family rivals. on 21:35 - Oct 8 with 1275 viewsDorse

Brother is a Gooner. We both fcuking hate Chelsea, so all good.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Family rivals. on 22:21 - Oct 8 with 1205 viewshamptonhillhoop

All my family on my dad's side are Rangers through and through. Dad grew up on the White City Estate, mum lived in Loftus Road. Couple of Chelsea married in to my dad's side, but we don't talk about them, or even acknowledge them. In laws are all Palace fans originally from Croydon but I don't take them seriously as they go to about four games a season. Have a random cousin on my mum's side who supports West Ham even though he's from Hayes. His dad supports Man Utd and I'm sure he was an Arsenal fan as a kid. Strange bloke
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 22:21]
Family rivals. on 22:24 - Oct 8 with 1195 viewsDavieQPR

Both sons are Rangers but one was on Chelsea books. Wore his QPR top to his trial.
Family rivals. on 23:04 - Oct 8 with 1162 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Family rivals. on 20:32 - Oct 8 by stowmarketrange

Not many R’s fans in my family apart from my youngest daughter and brother.Now she has discovered boys exist so not many appearances at games last season,although she did bring the boyfriend (Man Utd/ Norwich) to the hull game last season,which probably put them both off for a while.My in-laws are all scum,and they even called their dog Chelsea because it was a Kerry blue.
When I first met them in 1991 none of them ever went because their team were crap.I even took their youngest boy to a few qpr games as he wanted to watch live football and nobody went to their tip of a ground then.I got a great picture of him in my old Guinness shirt.
Now him and his old man go every week home and away.
They’ll always know that I know they’re glory hunters,which I always mention when they start with their champions league garbage.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 22:59]

"their dog Chelsea because it was a Kerry blue."

The poor dog. Chelsea and Kerry.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Family rivals. on 07:17 - Oct 9 with 1047 viewsdavman

Brother and his kids all Palace. So much fun in the early 80s, when we single handedly dismantled their "Team of the 80s" by taking their manager and half the team before beating them in the 82 FAC QF.
More fun with the 6-0 to avoid relegation, but it's been pretty crappy since, especially now that they can afford to buy our once in a generation superstar for £15m.

There is an article in the giant AKUTRs compendium on it - "Sibling Rivalry"

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Family rivals. on 08:08 - Oct 9 with 1012 viewsGuppy

Immediate family are all Rs have some cousins who are Fulham
I was aware when my daughter was 15 that a boy was after her and fatherly instincts kicked in and i said to her he better not be bleedin Chelsea fan and her mate wet herself so i knew he was but for the quiet life i abided him and gave him stick - then he said he was going to take my daughter to a Chelsea home match (obviously trying to convert her) and picked a cup tie against lower opposition hoping she would be impressed - unfortuneately he picked their game against Bradford and as Bradford scored yet again my daughter turned to him and smiled and said this is really good to which he muttered about never taking her there again - i didnt laugh much!!
Family rivals. on 08:27 - Oct 9 with 995 viewswood_hoop

Two brothers one a Spud the othe Manure,give him a miniscule bit of credit, might be a London red but did go to games at OT as well as the London games when he could.

Son and daughter both Rrs, no presurre from me, either adoption or chimney sweeping as the alternative.
Family rivals. on 16:51 - Oct 9 with 846 viewshantssi

Family rivals. on 18:41 - Oct 8 by qpr_1968

not sure where we were after the game, but was quite a walk.
a weatherspoons pub, and i brunel pub.
i think a pub called the surrey arms was near by, but didnt go in.
ended up getting a cab back to the pub we was in before the game, lsa went there as well.
cant remember the name.

Sounds like you were by the Guildhall (Portsmouth & Southsea Station?), that’s more city centre.
The best pubs are further down by the beach in Southsea or in Old Portsmouth which is actually lovely which is surprising for Portsmouth!
Family rivals. on 20:59 - Oct 9 with 788 viewsRebalhoop

Dad and brother both Gooners,Uncle and 2 cousins Pompey all the rest into Rugby Union
Family rivals. on 12:13 - Oct 10 with 692 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

My brother and I are both Rangers. My dad has been to quite a few games down the years including taking me to the game that SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED in 1986. He’s not really an R’s fan in fact he spends most of the time these days saying he doesn’t know why we bother and that we should go down to Brentford instead I think historically his family had work links with Woolwich Arsenal so were mostly Gooners.

My mum says she’s a fan but she has a Brentford teddybear lying around the place. She also has a Jude the Cat to be fair but I’ve explained many times it’s not really on.

The Northern arm of the family are all Man Utd with a soft spot for Stockport County.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Family rivals. on 12:22 - Oct 10 with 675 viewssexton

I'm a third generation Hoops who started going with my Dad and Grandad. Married into a Liverpool-supporting family. My son didn't want to choose between us and them so became a Brentford fan instead. Feel as though I failed as a father.
Family rivals. on 13:09 - Oct 10 with 639 viewsPeterHucker

Nobody else in my family supports QPR.
I support QPR because of my Grandad. He was a proud Welshman but had lived in London for decades & used to go to watch all the different London clubs without really having a favourite.
He took me to Charlton, Arsenal, Orient, West Ham, Spurs & QPR when I was a kid & I fell for QPR mainly because of Gerry Francis who was England captain at the time.

The rest of my family are all Coventry City (who I also have a soft spot for) or Spurs (who I can't stand!)
Family rivals. on 13:11 - Oct 10 with 638 viewsdavman

Family rivals. on 12:22 - Oct 10 by sexton

I'm a third generation Hoops who started going with my Dad and Grandad. Married into a Liverpool-supporting family. My son didn't want to choose between us and them so became a Brentford fan instead. Feel as though I failed as a father.

Sorry mate totally agree. Dereliction of father duty I am afraid. My boy was told he could support anyone he wanted, but he would not be allowed to watch them till he could go by himself.

Worked as well, he is a true hoop. Could not be prouder.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Family rivals. on 13:18 - Oct 10 with 635 viewspaulparker

All of my family past & present support/supported QPR
My brother in law who I can’t stand and haven’t spoken to in 10 years due to a family dispute supports Chelsea , which pretty much sums him up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024