Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenas 19:26 - Dec 9 with 2731 viewsGloucs_R

Just how did he get a presenting role on the one show? Kids go to stage school for years and he swans in as an average footballer turned presenter...
😲
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 19:29]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jenas on 19:43 - Dec 9 with 2673 viewsLowerloftLad

i asked the same question as i switched over to bbc one a few minutes before still open all hours began.

he was also presenting a motdX spin off show last week
i dont mind jenas i think he is a good sports commentator.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Jenas on 19:44 - Dec 9 with 2667 viewsNorthernr

It's a warm up job before the ease him into the MOTD chair instead of Linekar whose salary and Twitter is an issue for the new DG, and who could earn substantially more elsewhere anyway.
Jenas on 19:45 - Dec 9 with 2664 viewsaston_hoop

Peter Crouch too in the summer. In fact, whatever happened to 'Crouch on the Couch' or whatever it was that brought about that legendary thread of some years back?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Jenas on 19:49 - Dec 9 with 2647 viewsWatford_Ranger

Less of a mystery than how he got 21 England caps.
Jenas on 19:50 - Dec 9 with 2645 viewsGloucs_R

Jenas on 19:45 - Dec 9 by aston_hoop

Peter Crouch too in the summer. In fact, whatever happened to 'Crouch on the Couch' or whatever it was that brought about that legendary thread of some years back?

That's true too, although never watched him on his show.

Funny world we live in when ex footballers become TV presenters.

Is that true Clive, about Lineker and Jenas being lined up to replace him?

Speaking of football presenters... Did anyone see the recent photos of Greavsie? So sad what that disease has done to him.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jenas on 19:58 - Dec 9 with 2619 viewsParkRoyalR

Like Jermaine Jenas as a pundit,

MOTD2 on Sunday night said Eze was 'brilliant' and puts a 'smile on his face watching him play', highlighted how he breaks the midfield line and is taking pressure of Zaha and even getting Benteke on the score sheet!

Jermaine, imagine how we felt after he led us out of the joyless football desert for the previous 3 or 4 seasons!
Jenas on 20:11 - Dec 9 with 2574 viewsBerkoRanger

And he was one of the celebs on "The Wheel" last Saturday night.
Jenas on 20:13 - Dec 9 with 2557 viewsNorthernr

Jenas on 19:50 - Dec 9 by Gloucs_R

That's true too, although never watched him on his show.

Funny world we live in when ex footballers become TV presenters.

Is that true Clive, about Lineker and Jenas being lined up to replace him?

Speaking of football presenters... Did anyone see the recent photos of Greavsie? So sad what that disease has done to him.

That’s the industry chat yeh.
Login to get fewer ads

Jenas on 20:50 - Dec 9 with 2487 viewsLazyFan

Known faces with a potential fan base already and also considered experts.

Problem with ex-players presenting footy shows is they are rarely critical of the current players as its all bit of an old boys club.

I really like that Spanish presenter Guillem Balagué, when he was on he used to criticise the players club and all, and it was constructive not a bunch of mates talk like "he will be disappointed with that". And instead, we got "that tackle deserved a red it was reckless and the manager will very angry with him, he may not play again this season."

zzzzzzzzzz

Jenas on 13:22 - Dec 11 with 2179 viewsPinnerPaul

and to be fair to him, did accept some of the blame on behalf of the 'media' for the farce that is VAR, last Sunday on MOTD2.
Jenas on 13:26 - Dec 11 with 2161 viewsRBlock

I'm a fan of Jenas as a pundit. Not very polarising and a bit vanilla, but comes across as affable and young enough to relate to a lot of the current players. Prefer him as a presenter than a pundit though. Nothing tops Neville/Carra on MNF.
Jenas on 13:41 - Dec 11 with 2128 viewsdavman

My bug bear is less about footballers getting this gig, but more about the fact that their may be an "education" route priming people for this type of career. What a waste of time and cost. FFS, read a autocue, speak coherently, smile and engage in conversation.

You either can or you can't. Is there really classes to do this?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Jenas on 13:50 - Dec 11 with 2089 viewsdaveB

He's quite good in the role, the Match of the Day X show he does is really good
Jenas on 16:25 - Dec 11 with 1985 viewsbosh67

I thin k I must be in the minority then who actually think he's pretty good at being a broadcaster.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Jenas on 17:04 - Dec 11 with 1929 viewsWrightUp5hit___

I thought it was Andy Hinchcliffe that was being lined up for for the MOTD gig

Jenas on 20:03 - Dec 11 with 1816 viewsnumptydumpty

I think he has more potential in presenting than he has with being a footballer

He is an inoffensive and affable presenter and don't mind him at all on the box tbf.

Footballers today get media training from a young age if they near or at the top level and seems Jermaine was paying attention to those chats perhaps more than those to improve his football game

Not very controversial and a pc appointment - I think he got a decent career ahead of him in tv myself...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Jenas on 20:08 - Dec 11 with 1810 viewsnumptydumpty

I like Neville as a presenter but Carragher I can't help thinking about when he was filmed gobbing at a car when the driver goaded him about Liverpool losing to Man Utd and his phlegm hit the 14 year old girl in the back seat.

Was suspended from Sky for two weeks

Should have lost all hope of a lucrative contract with Sky - but got away with it with little more than a slight slap..

Lost respect for him since that and hate seeing him on the screen ever since

He is bit painful at best times anyhow !!!!!

Jenas on 22:21 - Dec 11 with 1706 viewsLimerickR

Jenas on 20:08 - Dec 11 by numptydumpty

I like Neville as a presenter but Carragher I can't help thinking about when he was filmed gobbing at a car when the driver goaded him about Liverpool losing to Man Utd and his phlegm hit the 14 year old girl in the back seat.

Was suspended from Sky for two weeks

Should have lost all hope of a lucrative contract with Sky - but got away with it with little more than a slight slap..

Lost respect for him since that and hate seeing him on the screen ever since

He is bit painful at best times anyhow !!!!!

Totally agree, absolutely disgusting thing to do. Keys & Gray lost their jobs for a lot less n comparison.
Jenas on 22:28 - Dec 11 with 1682 viewsBrixtonR

Jenas on 20:03 - Dec 11 by numptydumpty

I think he has more potential in presenting than he has with being a footballer

He is an inoffensive and affable presenter and don't mind him at all on the box tbf.

Footballers today get media training from a young age if they near or at the top level and seems Jermaine was paying attention to those chats perhaps more than those to improve his football game

Not very controversial and a pc appointment - I think he got a decent career ahead of him in tv myself...

Fair play, nice one mate tho what do you mean re PC appointment? but totally agree with you
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 22:32]
Jenas on 13:57 - Dec 12 with 1500 viewsTacticalR

Jenas on 20:50 - Dec 9 by LazyFan

Known faces with a potential fan base already and also considered experts.

Problem with ex-players presenting footy shows is they are rarely critical of the current players as its all bit of an old boys club.

I really like that Spanish presenter Guillem Balagué, when he was on he used to criticise the players club and all, and it was constructive not a bunch of mates talk like "he will be disappointed with that". And instead, we got "that tackle deserved a red it was reckless and the manager will very angry with him, he may not play again this season."

You can hear Balagué most weeks on the weekly Euro Leagues podcast (it used to be a separate podcast but is now part of the BBC Football Daily podcast).

Air hostess clique

Jenas on 14:07 - Dec 12 with 1486 views1MoreBrightonR

As mentioned above, his criticism of pundits and them media for their demands around consistency and then disliking VAR was very good. I just cant get over the fact that he still looks like he's 14.
Jenas on 15:21 - Dec 12 with 1416 viewsnumptydumpty

Jenas on 22:28 - Dec 11 by BrixtonR

Fair play, nice one mate tho what do you mean re PC appointment? but totally agree with you
[Post edited 11 Dec 2020 22:32]

PC appointment in that he is not divisive in anyways good or bad and like others said quite vanilla as a presenter ie inoffensive and calm and assured way speaking.. etc

Jenas on 16:02 - Dec 12 with 1387 viewsBrixtonR

Jenas on 15:21 - Dec 12 by numptydumpty

PC appointment in that he is not divisive in anyways good or bad and like others said quite vanilla as a presenter ie inoffensive and calm and assured way speaking.. etc

Right yeah get what you mean. Think sometimes people use PC (sometimes rightly) where someone gets a job they don't deserve, which in the context of what we were all saying didn't make sense so was a bit confused makes sense now thanks
I like him comes across way better than most footballers.
Jenas on 18:11 - Dec 12 with 1332 viewsBushman

Jenas on 19:49 - Dec 9 by Watford_Ranger

Less of a mystery than how he got 21 England caps.

Or why we signed him 😂😂😂

My west ham mate said at the time you’ll easily recognise him,he’s the one on the stretcher
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 18:15]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024