Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back (via the pub) 22:23 - Dec 15 with 2377 viewsHayesender

First time I've seen this team in the flesh, and I've gotta say I'm not impressed.

Dickie is a natural leader, and was captain in all but name out there tonight, barking out orders, and giving the ref and lino a fair bit as well.

Chair was a nuisance, but after that I'm struggling to find any positives from the outfield players.

BOS poor, probably mind elsewhere

Fullbacks weak as pish defensively

Cameron slow and well past it

Uncle Albert, tries hard but either not fit or past it

And don't get me started on Dykes. Every half meaningful attack we had, and there weren't many, stopped the moment the ball reached Dykes. The bloke is drowning he's so far out of his depth

Willock, typical accademy type player. Nice touches, but no oomph.

Still, it was nice to be back, if only for one night

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Just back (via the pub) on 22:31 - Dec 15 with 2317 viewsdaveB

I didn't think the full backs were that bad tonight, we looked Ok defensively, never in any real trouble
Just back (via the pub) on 22:39 - Dec 15 with 2262 viewsHayesender

Just back (via the pub) on 22:31 - Dec 15 by daveB

I didn't think the full backs were that bad tonight, we looked Ok defensively, never in any real trouble

Yeah maybe I'm being a wee bit harsh there, but looking at them live they look very awkward defensively.

Think they'd be better, especially Kane, as wing back type players in a 3-5-2

Just back (via the pub) on 22:39 - Dec 15 with 2257 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back (via the pub) on 22:31 - Dec 15 by daveB

Kane’s crosses made my eyes bleed but apart from that they both seemed ok.

It’s absolutely a different perspective on tv versus being there though.
Just back (via the pub) on 22:40 - Dec 15 with 2240 viewsqprxtc

Shut up Dave🥴
Just back (via the pub) on 22:42 - Dec 15 with 2216 viewsHayesender

Just back (via the pub) on 22:40 - Dec 15 by qprxtc

Shut up Dave🥴

Good Idea Liam. Slightly pished and gotta be up for work in six hours. Night x

Just back (via the pub) on 22:51 - Dec 15 with 2144 viewsqprxtc

Just back (via the pub) on 22:42 - Dec 15 by Hayesender

Good Idea Liam. Slightly pished and gotta be up for work in six hours. Night x

Amen Bruvver

Or Corner.

A men.

Or man

Bird.

Woman.
Just back (via the pub) on 09:47 - Dec 16 with 1726 viewskernowhoop

If we are looking for something positive, then it was the way that a defence, known to be fragile, withstood at least 20 minutes of sustained pressure in the second half - winning headers and blocking shots.

On the other hand, too many of our attacking 'moves' consisted of a long diagonal ball, placed at a perfect height for the Stoke goalkeeper to catch, usually unopposed.
Just back (via the pub) on 10:04 - Dec 16 with 1639 viewsNorthantsHoop

Just back (via the pub) on 09:47 - Dec 16 by kernowhoop

If we are looking for something positive, then it was the way that a defence, known to be fragile, withstood at least 20 minutes of sustained pressure in the second half - winning headers and blocking shots.

On the other hand, too many of our attacking 'moves' consisted of a long diagonal ball, placed at a perfect height for the Stoke goalkeeper to catch, usually unopposed.

I agree watching from lower school end, right behind goal our defence did do well. Kane is still weak for me, much prefer Kakay. Problem is we don't have defenders that can cross a ball. Central midfield Cameron plays such wayward passes, past his sell by date. Being right on top of it, I still don't know how Dykes missed that open goal opportunity, it looked a nailed on goal from my vantage point, although defender may just have got a faint touch. We play decent posession football, first 15 mins or so and with no goal, opposition get in their stride. But to be honest a point not bad against Stoke and those 2 giants 36 and 37, one of them was a man mountain of a bloke must have been 6ft 8 at least.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 10:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Just back (via the pub) on 10:09 - Dec 16 with 1605 viewsMole_Senior

It was clear to me from last night that we were set up not to lose, especially going into the Wycombe game on Saturday. This was reflected in the full backs barely crossing the half way line, which meant Stoke could double up on BOS and nullify him completely and then when LTC came off it was clear what we were trying to achieve!

It's a crying shame really as we're all desperate for a clean sheet and then we get one, we're all disappointed that we played poorly and didn't create much?!
Just back (via the pub) on 11:10 - Dec 16 with 1471 viewsmcqpr10

Back four and keeper were good today. Miss Mannings attacking on the left hand side (although not his defending!)

Problems in many key positions elsewhere. Cameron just can't get around the pitch enough and isn't good enough on the ball to keep his place in centre midfield.
Unfortunately Adomoah looks a few yards slower than he was in his pomp.
Dykes who I rate and think will come good is desperately short of confidence. Ideally he would be coming off the bench with a Hughill/ wells type starting.
BOS is still our best attacking outlet although certainly looks like he's off in jan.

Really could do with a couple of quality loans but alas this costs money.
Just back (via the pub) on 13:37 - Dec 16 with 1263 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back at my laptop, its all been said on the match thread really, but just a few observations from me.

Average age of crowd again very high - with KO time not surprising I guess
How easy was it to get home though, fastest I have ever done it.

Police horses????? For a 2,000 100% home crowd? - Bonkers!

I suppose we watch only from a QPR perspective, but Stoke put as many balls straight into touch as we did, under no pressure at all.

We started 1st half fine, they started 2nd half fine, our subs DID make a difference and neither team deserved to lose or win - that's what their manager said and I agree with him!

Have to comment on the ref I guess - nothing major wrong for me, all 3 yellows correct and barring the odd "What???!!!" call on a few, thankfully, minor decisions he was OK.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024