Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alternatives 17:58 - Dec 19 with 7183 viewsHastings_Hoops

Is Eustace a managerial option?..

Knows the squad - good, bad and its potential.

Would work with the squad he’s got.

Key point... maybe more flexible and less stubborn?
Alternatives on 14:15 - Dec 20 with 1193 viewscaliforniahoop

Alternatives on 19:59 - Dec 19 by R_from_afar

I can't make up my mind if I want Warburton to go right now but if he does, I am thinking Paul Cook is the best option.

I'd like to think we are capable of unearthing a decent manager from overseas but with the pandemic rumbling on and its impact on international travel, I don't think now is the right time to try that.

If we didn’t go for Eustace, Cook would be a good fit.
Alternatives on 14:44 - Dec 20 with 1137 viewsplasmahoop

Aren't we getting nostalgic about eustaces time in charge? Didn't we get stuffed at Norwich in that game when Bidwell was lying injured and lynch launched a clearance straight at him adding concussion to his woes.
Alternatives on 14:49 - Dec 20 with 1097 viewsstainrods_elbow

Alternatives on 11:54 - Dec 20 by SimonJames

Presumably each time we sack a manager we lose money that could have been spent on buying better quality players...

Quite (which doesn't mean we shouldn't sack Warburton - just that Les and Uber Teflon-man Hoos should finally take some responsibility for their incompetence)!

(Yeah, right!)

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Alternatives on 14:55 - Dec 20 with 1093 viewsDixie_CT

Alternatives on 14:44 - Dec 20 by plasmahoop

Aren't we getting nostalgic about eustaces time in charge? Didn't we get stuffed at Norwich in that game when Bidwell was lying injured and lynch launched a clearance straight at him adding concussion to his woes.

I would blame having to play Bidwell and Lynch rather than Eustace. I think he brought Manning back in and we got a decent point at Millwall? I also remember him playing Lewis Walker which was a strange one but showed he trusted the youngsters.

Don’t think Eustace would be long term and am warming to the idea of Paul Cook. Comes across as a proper football man and his teams have played in the right way
Alternatives on 14:58 - Dec 20 with 1075 viewsBrixtonR

10. Pearson
20. Goto 10

For 5 1/2 years at least I'm BASICALLY consistent lol
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 14:59]
Alternatives on 15:15 - Dec 20 with 1030 viewsmakaveli1882

Alternatives on 13:26 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Going continental, doing a Barnsley, etc complicated by us "taking back control" on January 1, and a whole load of new rules around hiring managers and signing players from abroad. Any manager coming here after that date has to have managed in a "top league" for at least two consecutive years or three full years in the last five. Top leagues are classed as the first and second divisions in UK, Spain, Germany, France. And the first divisions of a clutch of other countries including Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Turkey, Russia, Scotland.

Can't we just take the Barnsley manager and their strikers.
Alternatives on 16:08 - Dec 20 with 943 viewsBrixtonR

Alternatives on 15:15 - Dec 20 by makaveli1882

Can't we just take the Barnsley manager and their strikers.

Good plan mate
Alternatives on 16:11 - Dec 20 with 939 viewsbaz_qpr

I think this is a really difficult situation, this squad under this manager has relegation written all over it.

Warburton needs to step back and ask himself what he could do differently, could have lined up 3 at the back yesterday with two up front to negate the long ball tactics and could have been a very different story.

If he is not willing to change anything then the only options are to change the players or the manager. To play the way he wants our full backs are not good enough, miles of what is needed, Cameron is too old to play 40 games at DCM, Ball is not good enough to play there without Cameron alongside him so we urgently need a DCM who can break up battle and pass.

Bright has gone so he will need replacing.

If the club won't back him in the market then they need to change him, but it has to be for a manager that wants to play a passing game. We dont have the players for fire and brimstone or the pace for counter attack, we need to build on Warburton has done not go for the polar opposite

either way we are in big big trouble, been through enough QPR relegations over the years to see when one is on the horizon
Login to get fewer ads

Alternatives on 16:48 - Dec 20 with 876 viewshantssi

Alternatives on 16:11 - Dec 20 by baz_qpr

I think this is a really difficult situation, this squad under this manager has relegation written all over it.

Warburton needs to step back and ask himself what he could do differently, could have lined up 3 at the back yesterday with two up front to negate the long ball tactics and could have been a very different story.

If he is not willing to change anything then the only options are to change the players or the manager. To play the way he wants our full backs are not good enough, miles of what is needed, Cameron is too old to play 40 games at DCM, Ball is not good enough to play there without Cameron alongside him so we urgently need a DCM who can break up battle and pass.

Bright has gone so he will need replacing.

If the club won't back him in the market then they need to change him, but it has to be for a manager that wants to play a passing game. We dont have the players for fire and brimstone or the pace for counter attack, we need to build on Warburton has done not go for the polar opposite

either way we are in big big trouble, been through enough QPR relegations over the years to see when one is on the horizon

Baz, I’ll think you’ll find we’ve only had about 6 relegations in our entire history but I take your point, I’ve seen what on paper should be a mid table side relegated on more than 1 occasion!
Alternatives on 16:57 - Dec 20 with 859 viewsNov77

Alternatives on 16:48 - Dec 20 by hantssi

Baz, I’ll think you’ll find we’ve only had about 6 relegations in our entire history but I take your point, I’ve seen what on paper should be a mid table side relegated on more than 1 occasion!

We’ve had 6 since 68/9, so none before that?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Alternatives on 18:53 - Dec 20 with 800 viewshantssi

Alternatives on 16:57 - Dec 20 by Nov77

We’ve had 6 since 68/9, so none before that?

I don’t think so, we were, I believe, perennial Div 3 Southers?
Alternatives on 18:55 - Dec 20 with 796 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alternatives on 18:53 - Dec 20 by hantssi

I don’t think so, we were, I believe, perennial Div 3 Southers?

Promoted to Div 2 in '48, relegated in '52.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._seasons

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alternatives on 19:04 - Dec 20 with 770 viewshantssi

Alternatives on 18:55 - Dec 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Promoted to Div 2 in '48, relegated in '52.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._seasons

7 then Bri!
I’m an Estimator by trade so give or take a few each way is considered pretty good!
Alternatives on 19:14 - Dec 20 with 753 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Alternatives on 19:04 - Dec 20 by hantssi

7 then Bri!
I’m an Estimator by trade so give or take a few each way is considered pretty good!

Ah, within the margin of error!!

I'm a QS so I was always going to mark it up!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Alternatives on 19:18 - Dec 20 with 743 viewsGloucs_R

Good article on cook

Likes a 4231..

https://t.co/E9TtCOzGM8?amp=1

Poll: Are we staying up?

Alternatives on 19:40 - Dec 20 with 717 viewshantssi

Alternatives on 19:14 - Dec 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, within the margin of error!!

I'm a QS so I was always going to mark it up!!

As a QS 2+2= whatever you want it to be depending whether you’re buying or selling!
Dealt with a lot when I was a Project Manager for M&E contractors!
Alternatives on 19:40 - Dec 20 with 717 views08olesen

Alternatives on 18:09 - Dec 19 by paulparker

Pearson
Cowley
Robbins
Ainsworth
Cook
Bowyer
Ian evatt
Names off the top of my head who I think would come here
I have a feeling it will be Danny Cowley as he seems to have taken an interest in a lot of our tactics when he has been a pundit

If thats the list, I would rather stay with Warbs.

David Wagner would be a solid option and knows the league well (just been sacked too).

Poll: Who will the other play off

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024