Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alternatives 17:58 - Dec 19 with 7184 viewsHastings_Hoops

Is Eustace a managerial option?..

Knows the squad - good, bad and its potential.

Would work with the squad he’s got.

Key point... maybe more flexible and less stubborn?
Alternatives on 22:57 - Dec 19 with 1899 viewspaulparker

Alternatives on 21:18 - Dec 19 by T_Block

None.

You lot never learn please f**k-off and go and support someone else

T***s

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Alternatives on 22:59 - Dec 19 with 1883 viewspaulparker

Alternatives on 21:29 - Dec 19 by Myke

You want Ainsworth here after watching THAT! And THAT is every week! - mind-boggling

Not my personal choice I was giving alternatives to the OP,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Alternatives on 23:01 - Dec 19 with 1871 viewsLblock

Is “fcuk off and support Chelscum” the ultimate shutdown statement on this board?

It’s farcical

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Alternatives on 23:33 - Dec 19 with 1809 viewsCamberleyR

Alternatives on 22:36 - Dec 19 by rsonist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Walter

If we fancy trying a Norwich/Barnsley instead of hoofball and Territorial Army larping I'd nominate this guy. Sort of a German Chris Wilder who did awesome stuff with a small club before getting chewed up and spat out at a dysfunctional bigger one.

Why yes I do have a Twitter account how could you tell.

Unlike Barnsley, we would never be that left field thinking. If Warburton goes it's almost certainly someone off the managerial merry-go-round.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Alternatives on 00:07 - Dec 20 with 1738 viewsBklynRanger

Alternatives on 19:58 - Dec 19 by Hastings_Hoops

My point being that I remain unconvinced that the squad is the problem, it’s Warburton’s stubbornness - one might hope Eustace would not demand a new squad and could work Socratically with this squad (er... ffs and etc)

Eaustace showed quite a lot of potential in that earlier stint but no idea if he'd turn this fcuking iceberg fixated mess around.

Do agree though, this squad should be more than good enough to survive. The 'only 4 decent players' stuff is complete balls.
Alternatives on 00:13 - Dec 20 with 1723 viewsplasmahoop

For me eustace would be utterly pointless. I can see thd arguments for and against sacking Warburton, but just replacing him with someone less good? Its a football team not a carpet shop
Alternatives on 00:34 - Dec 20 with 1662 viewstimcocking

Any new manager would still have a team full of absolutely sh!t players.
Alternatives on 08:03 - Dec 20 with 1571 viewsactonman

Alternatives on 00:34 - Dec 20 by timcocking

That should be the new club motto!
Login to get fewer ads

Alternatives on 08:26 - Dec 20 with 1533 viewsGloucs_R

Alternatives on 00:34 - Dec 20 by timcocking

Worst squad in a long time.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Alternatives on 09:04 - Dec 20 with 1469 viewsdistortR

Alternatives on 08:26 - Dec 20 by Gloucs_R

Worst squad in a long time.

this squad does look dysfunctional, physically a bit lightweight and inexperienced, but Warburton has got a tune out of them at times. I suppose to make a full assessment we'd have to know where he and the heirarchy think we are in terms of the squad rebuilding process, and what's planned for the next transfer window. IMHO a big mobile stopper in midfield who can retain possession, even simply, would make a big difference.

One plea though, can we stop with the insults and put-downs. Because I don't think it's particularly viable to sack Warburton right now (unless another manager could explain to me how he'd change things without a wholesale revamp of the squad) doesn't make me happy, clappy or a fan-boy, and people who think a change is needed are entitled to that view as well. I definitely understand it.

I was going to add that Warburton needs to change and be more pragmatic, but I think maybe we've seen signs of that recently - is it 3 goals conceded in 4 games now? And no, I haven't a f'kin clue why he takes Chair off either, he's got a great engine and is at the heart of everything good we do.
Alternatives on 10:34 - Dec 20 with 1374 viewsdaveB

I'd like to see us get the old Fulham manager Jokanivic (I know I can't spell) if Warburton goes.

Nigel Pearson is an interesting one, could be a modern day Warnock or Jim Magilton.

I've no idea if either of those are realistic though. Paul Cook is a good shout as well
Alternatives on 11:00 - Dec 20 with 1318 viewsNortholt_Rs

Alternatives on 09:04 - Dec 20 by distortR

this squad does look dysfunctional, physically a bit lightweight and inexperienced, but Warburton has got a tune out of them at times. I suppose to make a full assessment we'd have to know where he and the heirarchy think we are in terms of the squad rebuilding process, and what's planned for the next transfer window. IMHO a big mobile stopper in midfield who can retain possession, even simply, would make a big difference.

One plea though, can we stop with the insults and put-downs. Because I don't think it's particularly viable to sack Warburton right now (unless another manager could explain to me how he'd change things without a wholesale revamp of the squad) doesn't make me happy, clappy or a fan-boy, and people who think a change is needed are entitled to that view as well. I definitely understand it.

I was going to add that Warburton needs to change and be more pragmatic, but I think maybe we've seen signs of that recently - is it 3 goals conceded in 4 games now? And no, I haven't a f'kin clue why he takes Chair off either, he's got a great engine and is at the heart of everything good we do.

We have 1 win in 10 so yeah something definitely needs to change...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Alternatives on 11:14 - Dec 20 with 1297 viewsYokelR

I don't think Pep would turn this lot into promotion contenders but Warburton in the face of awful results run, inability to either defend or score sticks rigidly to same tactics?
Why should anyone expect the outcome to be different?
He must go today, he has now failed in the same way at his last 3 clubs.
Alternatives on 11:23 - Dec 20 with 1263 viewsrsonist

Alternatives on 23:33 - Dec 19 by CamberleyR

Unlike Barnsley, we would never be that left field thinking. If Warburton goes it's almost certainly someone off the managerial merry-go-round.

Ollie, McClaren and Warbs were somewhat off the beaten track as domestic hires go, it's not really true to say we've been throwing jobbing chancers at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Doubt Chris and Les will be much minded to go full continental though, yes.
Alternatives on 11:32 - Dec 20 with 1232 viewsLoftgirl

Alternatives on 21:29 - Dec 19 by Myke

You want Ainsworth here after watching THAT! And THAT is every week! - mind-boggling

I'm surprised and a little worried nobody is mentioning Tactical Tim. Isn't he a mate of LF?
Alternatives on 11:33 - Dec 20 with 1226 viewsNortholt_Rs

Alternatives on 11:23 - Dec 20 by rsonist

Ollie, McClaren and Warbs were somewhat off the beaten track as domestic hires go, it's not really true to say we've been throwing jobbing chancers at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Doubt Chris and Les will be much minded to go full continental though, yes.

Pardew it is then...or Timmy boy
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 11:34]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Alternatives on 11:49 - Dec 20 with 1192 viewsfrancisbowles

Like the vast majority of us, I don't know what is going on at the club apart from what I see during the 90 minutes or whether now is the time to change the manager.

I do believe that a manager has a shelf life and that players will get bored listening to the same voice and essentially the same message, especially if things are not going well. Have we reached that point? Not sure but we must be close to it.

The club needs to decide very soon if we are going to stick or twist. Unless, there is a big change in the next couple of games then I don't see anyway they can justify a new contract, at least in his current role. Therefore he will either need to leave or Les will need to move on and MW can become DOF. (unlikely).

Eustace with Bircham or Ainsworth with Eustace might be options.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 11:51]
Alternatives on 11:54 - Dec 20 with 1175 viewsSimonJames

Presumably each time we sack a manager we lose money that could have been spent on buying better quality players...

100% of people who drink water will die.

Alternatives on 12:04 - Dec 20 with 1153 viewsGloucs_R

Eustace won 2 in 7 last time he was in charge. By all means give him the caretaker role but let's not consider him for anything else.

Some Left field names

Moore, Doncaster

Michael Appleton, we interviewed him before MW

Cook, ex Wigan

Cowley, ex Huddersfield

Poll: Are we staying up?

Alternatives on 12:47 - Dec 20 with 1104 viewsrsonist

Sherwood has been the Turd of Damocles since the very first day Les sat at his desk. Football soulmates, first choice every time. TF listening to Twitter saved us initially, we only got away with it last time when he apparently bottled it over the finances.

Les is still butthurt about it too if you recall.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/520885/ian-holloway-exclusive-qpr-axing-worst

Ferdinand stressed that he was more than happy with Warburton’s appointment, having admired the former Brentford boss from afar for many years, but says the sheer dismay many QPR fans expressed over the potential appointment of Sherwood baffled him.

“When you go in somewhere you want people to welcome you and with Tim it felt very much like people had written him off before he had even got the job,” he stated. "As a threesome Chris [Ramsey], Tim and myself worked really well at Tottenham together, ask anyone at that football club, and they produced a load of young players during that time.

“So why would you not want that for your club? Why would you throw all sorts of opposition against it? Why would you not try and replicate that elsewhere? [...] when he comes through the door I’m not hoping he’s going to do what we’ve spoke about, I know he’s going to do it.”

I have always refused to accept Dave McIntyre's take on him but unfortunately I see enough on this board every day to know it's true.

Alternatives on 13:26 - Dec 20 with 1019 viewsNorthernr

Going continental, doing a Barnsley, etc complicated by us "taking back control" on January 1, and a whole load of new rules around hiring managers and signing players from abroad. Any manager coming here after that date has to have managed in a "top league" for at least two consecutive years or three full years in the last five. Top leagues are classed as the first and second divisions in UK, Spain, Germany, France. And the first divisions of a clutch of other countries including Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Turkey, Russia, Scotland.
Alternatives on 13:47 - Dec 20 with 965 viewsflynnbo

Alternatives on 13:26 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Going continental, doing a Barnsley, etc complicated by us "taking back control" on January 1, and a whole load of new rules around hiring managers and signing players from abroad. Any manager coming here after that date has to have managed in a "top league" for at least two consecutive years or three full years in the last five. Top leagues are classed as the first and second divisions in UK, Spain, Germany, France. And the first divisions of a clutch of other countries including Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Turkey, Russia, Scotland.

Alternatives on 14:01 - Dec 20 with 931 viewsnix

Alternatives on 13:26 - Dec 20 by Northernr

Wtf. I'm glad we've got more say, then, about how we run things 🙄.
Alternatives on 14:01 - Dec 20 with 931 viewsRolo1092

I'd settle for Eustace. He has a lovely wife who always sat with us away fans when he was caretaking.
Alternatives on 14:11 - Dec 20 with 897 viewscaliforniahoop

I would love to see him given a go, liked what he did before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024