Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column 16:59 - Mar 29 with 2312 viewsNorthernr

Well, guys, don't ever say LFW is just same old, same old all the time.

George Browne provides our final guest column of the international break...

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column 29th Mar 2021 16:55
Our final guest column of the latest international break sees QPR fan George Browne go deep with an ode to football, fashion, 19th century French poetry, and those wonderful years we spent with Adel Taarabt. 8

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 19:32 - Mar 29 with 2024 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ah, that's just a peach of a piece, the writing every bit as audacious as Taarabt himself.

I've read it three times.

I have to read it again...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 19:36 - Mar 29 with 2014 viewsNorthernr

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 19:32 - Mar 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, that's just a peach of a piece, the writing every bit as audacious as Taarabt himself.

I've read it three times.

I have to read it again...

It must be the lockdown mate, we've had three amazing submissions these past few weeks.
Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 19:43 - Mar 29 with 1986 viewsdenhamhoop2

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 19:36 - Mar 29 by Northernr

It must be the lockdown mate, we've had three amazing submissions these past few weeks.

Totally agree looks like you aren't the only talented writer attached to strolling vagabond club. Love this piece about my favourite player of the last decade a true maverick one off talent
Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 20:09 - Mar 29 with 1934 viewsMyke

George has succeeded were all championship defenders failed; encapsulating the essence of Adel Taarabt .
And we, our little second level rag, tag club, can be smug in the knowledge that Adel has never played to that level again, despite being at much bigger clubs. I watched him against Arsenal recently in the Europa League as a deep-lying midfielder (WTF!!) He was removed with 20 minutes to play, not because he had inflicted sufficient damage in 70 minutes, but because he was incapable of inflicting sufficient damage in the final 20.
Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 20:21 - Mar 29 with 1904 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lovely.

And an excuse for this:
Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 03:40 - Mar 30 with 1591 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks for sharing.

Adel still had quite a few superb moments in the Premier League albeit in a poor team.
My favourite was his performance in the 1-0 away win at Chelscum in January 2013.
Adel was immense that night.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 3:41]
Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 09:54 - Mar 30 with 1409 viewsEsox_Lucius

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 03:40 - Mar 30 by superhoopdownunder

Thanks for sharing.

Adel still had quite a few superb moments in the Premier League albeit in a poor team.
My favourite was his performance in the 1-0 away win at Chelscum in January 2013.

The home defeat where he came on as sub and tore Wolves apart; thwarted only by Wayne Hennessey having a worldie in goal. I would love to watch that performance again.

The grass is always greener.

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 14:53 - Mar 30 with 1144 viewsBlackCrowe

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 20:21 - Mar 29 by CiderwithRsie

Lovely.

And an excuse for this:

Great track.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 21:24 - Mar 30 with 906 viewsCiderwithRsie

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 14:53 - Mar 30 by BlackCrowe

Great track.

"Dandy in the Underworld" - would that be Adel at Stoke away the year we came back down?
Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 09:10 - Mar 31 with 736 viewsw7r

A great piece of writing - really enjoyed it. It’s also bang on the money, he really was a “footballing dandy”.

Adel was different gravy when he wanted it - how good was was that pass to Routledge? Must’ve watched it 50 times now - incredible. The nutmeg and goal wasn’t to shabby either.

What a player he should have been - a flawed genius for sure.

Anyway, thanks for posting that piece, what a great bunch of writers we have supporting this club!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 9:10]
Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 23:41 - Mar 31 with 620 viewsW7Ranger

Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 03:40 - Mar 30 by superhoopdownunder

Thanks for sharing.

He was outstanding that night. As was Cesar.

It is annoying that there's very little footage of that game anywhere.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2021 9:14]
Adel Taarabt, the footballing dandy — Column on 13:04 - Apr 1 with 510 viewsW7Ranger

Regarding Boothroyd's post match comments on Adel. Not sure what games he was watching when he said he didn't do much at either game apart from a 40 yard pass with the outside of his foot.

In the away game, Adel set up Smith to score, also with the outside of his boot!

As for the game at Loftus Road, apart from the 40 yard assit with the outside of his boot, he scored the first goal with a cracking solo effort. So yeah, apart from 2 brilliant assists and one solo effert, he done fack'all!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024