Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread 14:09 - Apr 4 with 23409 viewsDorse

Currently, the UN recognises 195 countries, with a world population of 7.8 billion, representing thousands of different cultures, traditions and languages. Our differences are many, however, there is one thing that unites the entire human race: the fact that Nottingham Forest's squad contains at least one representative of each of the world's nations. Like some latter day Noah's ark, Forest has chosen to gather two of every culture, preserving the essence of humanity in case of cataclysm.

Can QPR's rag tag collection of waifs, strays and Dom Ball make any impact on this cast of thousands?

Definitely. 2-0 Rangers.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 19:55 - Apr 5 with 1134 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 19:44 - Apr 5 by derbyhoop

I actually thought Stroud was good. The yellow cards were all correct. No foul on Barbet, just outmuscled.
Only obvious error was the tug on Dykes, but the assistant was equally to blame for missing that.

I thought it was a clear foul. Barbet put himself in a bad position but it's a definite foul for me. If it isn't them neither are 90% of them.

It was a good fair game otherwise to be fair. Not a huge amount of diving and histrionics I can think of.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 23:40 - Apr 5 with 895 viewsted_hendrix

This has to be one of the worst match threads I've ever attended.

Poor from the word go, a total lack of interest and If I'm not mistaken some of the participants were thinking about their bloody holidays and not concentrating on the game.

We've all got to get together next Saturday make a pot of tea and try harder.

To quote Nellie the Elephant "Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip and zing zang spillip!

(Well I think it was Nellie the Elephant).

CTN.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:32 - Apr 6 with 727 viewsPinnerPaul

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:58 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought we were out played in the first half as well, Bazz. Their goal may have been a foul on Barbet but it was their tenth shot of the game and I thought 1-0 was a pretty fair reflection of the game.

I'm sorry Brian, but if we had scored that first goal and Mr Stroud had disallowed it for a foul, there would have been uproar.

No way on earth was that even close to a foul!
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:35 - Apr 6 with 726 viewsPinnerPaul

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 19:44 - Apr 5 by derbyhoop

I actually thought Stroud was good. The yellow cards were all correct. No foul on Barbet, just outmuscled.
Only obvious error was the tug on Dykes, but the assistant was equally to blame for missing that.

I've only seen the Dykes foul once, but even that didn't seem to be much to me - Clive seems convinced it was a foul and only having seen it once (Like the ref! ) I could well be wrong.
The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:43 - Apr 6 with 711 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Early Edition 'Footballers, Sir. Thousands of Them...' Match Thread on 17:32 - Apr 6 by PinnerPaul

I'm sorry Brian, but if we had scored that first goal and Mr Stroud had disallowed it for a foul, there would have been uproar.

No way on earth was that even close to a foul!

I realise that it can be seen either way, Paul. Looking at the replays, I thought there was a point where it looked like barbet would recover and he was hauled back by his arm.

I'm not complaining, though. My overall point was that it ended up with their tenth shot on goal. We were outplayed even in the first half, I felt.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:30 - Apr 9 with 568 viewskarl

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024