Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boro next week 19:48 - Apr 10 with 4004 viewsNorthernr

Will be moved from 15.00 to avoid clashing with the funeral.
I’m saying nothing.
Boro next week on 20:05 - Apr 10 with 3200 viewsdmm

I'll say something. It's ridiculous. It won't be a state funeral and so there can be nothing football games clash with.
Boro next week on 20:24 - Apr 10 with 3098 viewsMrSheen

Great, I can go to both.
Boro next week on 20:27 - Apr 10 with 3077 viewseghamranger

Probably 12 kick off now... won’t make a difference to many people.
Boro next week on 21:23 - Apr 10 with 2861 viewsterryb

This brings back memories of Winston Churchill's funeral, which was a state funeral.

That was on a Saturday & the train carrying his body passed directly alongside the ground of Wokingham Town with Chesham being their opponents that day.

I can't recall if the train passed before kick off or whether the game was halted for the duration of the train being alongside, but all the people present stood silent & to attention as close to the train as we could gather.

It was an away win that day & it would be nice if it was next Saturday.
Boro next week on 21:32 - Apr 10 with 2810 viewsVancouverHoop

Boro next week on 20:27 - Apr 10 by eghamranger

Probably 12 kick off now... won’t make a difference to many people.

Will to me. I'm not getting up at 4:00am for anything less than an FA Cup semi-final.
Boro next week on 11:17 - Apr 11 with 2370 viewsfrancisbowles

I'd rather it was in the evening than 12.00.
Boro next week on 12:39 - Apr 11 with 2225 viewsPerthRs

Boro next week on 11:17 - Apr 11 by francisbowles

I'd rather it was in the evening than 12.00.

Midday sounds fine to me that's 7pm local time here in WA great time to watch the game, as it is I'm up at 2am to watch the Rotherham game so it would make a change to have a kick off at a reasonable time.
Boro next week on 12:53 - Apr 11 with 2173 viewsPaddyhoops

Oh I don't know. I want to see DMXs funeral as well as the football!!
Login to get fewer ads

Boro next week on 12:38 - Apr 12 with 1871 viewsNorthernr

Confirmed, 12.30.
Boro next week on 13:51 - Apr 12 with 1708 viewslondonscottish

Boro next week on 12:38 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Confirmed, 12.30.

Groan. I hate midday KO's.

I'm still not at all sure about the connection between the two events.

It's baffling.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Boro next week on 14:06 - Apr 12 with 1658 viewsbosh67

I'm guessing the team will go up the night before, play the game and then watch the funeral on the way home on the coach. I'm sure both teams wouldn't be able to concentrate if they felt they were missing the funeral at 3pm.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Boro next week on 14:20 - Apr 12 with 1629 viewsdenhamhoop2

Confirmed, 12.30.

Lucky no fans allowed The Riverside at 12 30 on a Saturday would be more funereal than St Georges Chapel at 3 pm. Ah well lucky me a whole 5 hours sleep after a night shift
Boro next week on 14:23 - Apr 12 with 1618 viewsLongsufferingR

When the Queen goes, I hope she has the good grace to go in the summer rather than us having to rearrange the football.
Boro next week on 14:32 - Apr 12 with 1581 viewsBoston

Boro next week on 14:20 - Apr 12 by denhamhoop2

Lucky no fans allowed The Riverside at 12 30 on a Saturday would be more funereal than St Georges Chapel at 3 pm. Ah well lucky me a whole 5 hours sleep after a night shift

You with the Royal Mail, Denham? Remember chatting with a bloke from Denham coming back from Middlesbrough when we won 3-1 four or five years ago.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boro next week on 14:47 - Apr 12 with 1537 viewsted_hendrix

Boro's season is virtually over so this game is gonna be a 'blockbuster' and one for the Saturday f ucking dinner time kick off purists.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Warnock heading of to Cornwall after the final whistle for the very-very last time.

If we beat Rotherham tomorrow night that would almost certainly make the good people of Rotherham say "Bollocks we're f ucked"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Boro next week on 14:58 - Apr 12 with 1501 viewsfrancisbowles

Boro next week on 14:47 - Apr 12 by ted_hendrix

Boro's season is virtually over so this game is gonna be a 'blockbuster' and one for the Saturday f ucking dinner time kick off purists.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Warnock heading of to Cornwall after the final whistle for the very-very last time.

If we beat Rotherham tomorrow night that would almost certainly make the good people of Rotherham say "Bollocks we're f ucked"

Not really Ted, they are currently six points behind Coventry with a seven better goal difference, scored more goals and three games in hand. The important game for them is Thursday at home to Coventry. Even if they lose to us, win that and they are only three points behind with two games in hand.

I hope it goes like that.
Boro next week on 15:00 - Apr 12 with 1495 viewsfrancisbowles

Lot of travelling involved in the next week. Wouldn't it make more sense for Rueben to get his Premier inn reward card out and stay up north and then go straight to Swansea on Saturday afternoon or Sunday.
Boro next week on 15:09 - Apr 12 with 1476 viewsLongsufferingR

Boro next week on 15:00 - Apr 12 by francisbowles

Lot of travelling involved in the next week. Wouldn't it make more sense for Rueben to get his Premier inn reward card out and stay up north and then go straight to Swansea on Saturday afternoon or Sunday.

His reward card was rescinded following the incident with the cheesecake and the air steward at the Rickmansworth branch.
Boro next week on 15:15 - Apr 12 with 1457 viewsNorthernr

Boro next week on 15:09 - Apr 12 by LongsufferingR

His reward card was rescinded following the incident with the cheesecake and the air steward at the Rickmansworth branch.

Cheesecake from a bowl is very nice but to put it on a person is demented.
Boro next week on 15:17 - Apr 12 with 1447 viewsted_hendrix

Boro next week on 14:58 - Apr 12 by francisbowles

Not really Ted, they are currently six points behind Coventry with a seven better goal difference, scored more goals and three games in hand. The important game for them is Thursday at home to Coventry. Even if they lose to us, win that and they are only three points behind with two games in hand.

I hope it goes like that.

I want them to survive, having said that I'd be literally chuffed to bits tomorrow night if we beat them.
Having said that they've got to fit in nine bloody games between now and the 8th May and for me that's a bridge too far for most squads nowadays.
Might have said this before but I worked in Rotherham way back when and they were very friendly people all the time I was there, not the sort of thing you forget when your working away from home.
I hope they get out of the crap, they've done it before I suppose but tomorrow night they'll get nowt from me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Boro next week on 15:20 - Apr 12 with 1430 viewsdenhamhoop2

Boro next week on 14:32 - Apr 12 by Boston

You with the Royal Mail, Denham? Remember chatting with a bloke from Denham coming back from Middlesbrough when we won 3-1 four or five years ago.

Yep it must have been me it's the Zamora goal when their keeper lets the ball roll under his foot just googled Benayoun actually scored our equaliser which I had totally forgotten
Boro next week on 17:39 - Apr 12 with 1318 viewshantssi

Boro next week on 15:17 - Apr 12 by ted_hendrix

I want them to survive, having said that I'd be literally chuffed to bits tomorrow night if we beat them.
Having said that they've got to fit in nine bloody games between now and the 8th May and for me that's a bridge too far for most squads nowadays.
Might have said this before but I worked in Rotherham way back when and they were very friendly people all the time I was there, not the sort of thing you forget when your working away from home.
I hope they get out of the crap, they've done it before I suppose but tomorrow night they'll get nowt from me.

Yeah, I’ve got mates there, had many a great night out up there including after the match Clive refers to our last time at Millmoor.
Really hope they stay up as I’ve not been to the New York stadium yet.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2021 17:48]
Boro next week on 18:10 - Apr 12 with 1275 viewsR_from_afar

Boro next week on 15:17 - Apr 12 by ted_hendrix

I'm with you, Ted, I want them to survive too.

A couple of years ago, I went to a wedding at which the groom was from Rotherham and a big fan of The Millers. Loads of his mates from the Rotherham area attended.

On the coach back to the hotel after the evening do, The Millers voice choir started up with a long and rousing, but rather slurred, version of "We've got War-ne-ola". It was the highlight of the wedding for me and I videoed it so the bride and groom, well, mostly the groom, could enjoy it at a later date.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Boro next week on 19:11 - Apr 12 with 1162 viewsBoston

Boro next week on 15:20 - Apr 12 by denhamhoop2

Yep it must have been me it's the Zamora goal when their keeper lets the ball roll under his foot just googled Benayoun actually scored our equaliser which I had totally forgotten

Then hello again. I was the other bloke who didn’t get put off the (wrong) train by the inspector.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Boro next week on 19:36 - Apr 12 with 1127 viewsderbyhoop

Confirmed, 12.30.

Will you get a train early enough?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024