Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sutton Utd 14:27 - May 23 with 2211 viewsstowmarketrange

Congratulations to Sutton Utd on their promotion to the football league today.Currently 3-0 up against the monkey hangers.
Wo would’ve thought that teams like Sutton and Harrogate could play in the football league?Who fancies them in the league cup 1st round?
Sutton Utd on 14:51 - May 23 with 2113 viewsterryb

Congratulations to them. It is quite a time since I've been to Gander Green lane.

I assume they have plans in place to replace the artificial surface. It would be awful if they can't take their place in the EFL.
Sutton Utd on 14:51 - May 23 with 2113 viewsaston_hoop

Congratulations to them. Haven't followed the situation too closely but were they fancied in any way at all before the season started? Seems to be a few more 'bigger' sides around them in the league table

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sutton Utd on 15:00 - May 23 with 2080 viewsMelakaRanger

Congratulations Sutton. My local team when a boy. And my godfather was their Captain in the 1960s when they lost at Wembley.

Many an enjoyable Sunday lunchtime spent in the clubhouse at Gander Green Lane in the late 60s and early 70s

I remember going to the Leeds FA cup match when it seemed the whole population of Sutton & Cheam were there too.

They have a plastic pitch and I suspect the cost of making the pitch and ground compliant with League requirements might be too expensive for such a small club

Whatever happens I couldn’t be happier for them
Sutton Utd on 15:16 - May 23 with 2032 viewsBoston

Sutton Utd on 15:00 - May 23 by MelakaRanger

Congratulations Sutton. My local team when a boy. And my godfather was their Captain in the 1960s when they lost at Wembley.

Many an enjoyable Sunday lunchtime spent in the clubhouse at Gander Green Lane in the late 60s and early 70s

I remember going to the Leeds FA cup match when it seemed the whole population of Sutton & Cheam were there too.

They have a plastic pitch and I suspect the cost of making the pitch and ground compliant with League requirements might be too expensive for such a small club

Whatever happens I couldn’t be happier for them

3G Pitch at Gander Green Lane is coming up very soon, to be replaced by 'real' grass. Costing Sutton a fortune to comply, not only in initial replacement expenses but in annual income from other activities.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Sutton Utd on 15:47 - May 23 with 1960 viewsDWQPR

Sutton Utd on 15:16 - May 23 by Boston

3G Pitch at Gander Green Lane is coming up very soon, to be replaced by 'real' grass. Costing Sutton a fortune to comply, not only in initial replacement expenses but in annual income from other activities.

Was listening to Five Live earlier and they were talking about this. The club have confirmed it will cost them initially £500,000 to replace the pitch, which they use also for training meaning that they will now have to locate a training ground to use and also they will lose revenue from hiring the pitch out for corporate events and socials like weddings. Hardly worth the effort of promotion by the looks of things.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sutton Utd on 17:29 - May 23 with 1801 viewsToast_R

Sutton Utd on 15:47 - May 23 by DWQPR

Was listening to Five Live earlier and they were talking about this. The club have confirmed it will cost them initially £500,000 to replace the pitch, which they use also for training meaning that they will now have to locate a training ground to use and also they will lose revenue from hiring the pitch out for corporate events and socials like weddings. Hardly worth the effort of promotion by the looks of things.

Is it not possible to bury it with some waterproof membrane thing and lay turf on top?

Also Sutton Rovers play there, grass pitch is going to cut up like fook.
Sutton Utd on 18:03 - May 23 with 1747 viewsDWQPR

Sutton Utd on 17:29 - May 23 by Toast_R

Is it not possible to bury it with some waterproof membrane thing and lay turf on top?

Also Sutton Rovers play there, grass pitch is going to cut up like fook.

That’s what happened at the National Hockey Stadium when Wimbledon first moved up to MK. Seemed to hold fine at the time. Still was only a short term solution. For a team like Sutton they’ve also got to be realistic about their long term survival prospects in the football league. Artificial pitches have come along way since (ahem), the greengrocers carpet was laid at HQ.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sutton Utd on 19:35 - May 23 with 1625 viewsthemodfather

they did stevenage over years back over the ground. hope sutton sort it as they romped that league likely on a modest budget if one at all!
Login to get fewer ads

Sutton Utd on 17:52 - May 25 with 1308 viewsqprphil

I'm surprised the ground is up to league standard tbh.
Sutton Utd on 18:38 - May 25 with 1215 viewsstowmarketrange

Sutton Utd on 17:52 - May 25 by qprphil

I'm surprised the ground is up to league standard tbh.

The capacity is actually 7032,of which 700+ are seats.They said on Sunday that they’re planning on a new pitch and other improvements over the summer.
That’s a big investment for a non league team to have to make.I hope it goes well for them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024