Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing 14:05 - Jul 7 with 9983 viewsNorthernr

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing 7th Jul 2021 14:04
Former Millwall goalkeeper Jordan Archer has moved to QPR on a free transfer following the departure of Joe Lumley to Middlesbrough and Liam Kelly to Motherwell. 5

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:13 - Jul 29 with 1095 viewsgazza1

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 22:16 - Jul 28 by Myke

That actually doesn't make sense Gazza, although I would never be so disingenuous as to call your comment 'rubbish' You're assuming everything is black and white, which of course it's not, especially when it comes to goalkeeping. You are expecting the lads to either say he was perfect or completely useless. What the two lads are saying is that there were ASPECTS of Archer's game that they were satisfied with (for a back up keeper anyway) and ASPECTS of his game that they perceived as weaker. There are very few players in the world that don't have both strengths and weaknesses in their game - and none at all at QPR

He gave me the jitters in the Cambridge game, he looked hesitant to clear his lines and slow to sort his feet out.......Tell me Myke - what was/is positive about those comments, I'm interested to know.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:16 - Jul 29 with 1087 viewsgazza1

That actually doesn't make sense Gazza, although I would never be so disingenuous as to call your comment 'rubbish' You're assuming everything is black and white, which of course it's not, especially when it comes to goalkeeping. You are expecting the lads to either say he was perfect or completely useless. What the two lads are saying is that there were ASPECTS of Archer's game that they were satisfied with (for a back up keeper anyway) and ASPECTS of his game that they perceived as weaker. There are very few players in the world that don't have both strengths and weaknesses in their game - and none at all at QPR

I thought he played with a lot of character and had no chance with their goal. Not a bad backup option on that showing.....And here is the other post that I referred to. Tell me, talk to me about ASPECTS!!!!
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:23 - Jul 29 with 1071 viewsgazza1

I am not assuming that everything is 'black & white' whatsoever.......what I am saying two posts are totally contradictory (and they certainly are) - simple really.

You are reading far too much into the posts and confusing everything....my post is as 'clear as a bell' and I am intrigued why you think it doesn't make sense. I would suggest goalkeepers are easy to gauge, compared with outfield players.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:34 - Jul 29 with 1038 viewsrsonist

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:23 - Jul 29 by gazza1

I am not assuming that everything is 'black & white' whatsoever.......what I am saying two posts are totally contradictory (and they certainly are) - simple really.

You are reading far too much into the posts and confusing everything....my post is as 'clear as a bell' and I am intrigued why you think it doesn't make sense. I would suggest goalkeepers are easy to gauge, compared with outfield players.

They clearly haven't been easy to gauge for us as a club and fanbase in recent years.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:36 - Jul 29 with 1031 viewssimmo

At Cambridge it looked to me like he was trying very hard to show he can be the 'ball playing GK' that Dieng is and presumably, the staff would like him to be, to the point he was almost overdoing it and dithering.

Whilst it's important to the way we retain possession and build form the back, I'd prefer it if we worked more to his level rather than ask him to try too hard to be something he isn't. For balance, he released the ball quickly looking for counters, didn't make any major mistakes, couldn't do much about their goal, saved a point blank shot late on and won't play unless Dieng is unavailable.

He's come here knowing he won't play but will presumably train hard, set a good example, be professional with preparation and try to use his experience as a positive in a young team. Asking for all of that and him being a quality GK isn't really a thing unfortunately, best of luck to him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:50 - Jul 29 with 1010 viewsgazza1

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:34 - Jul 29 by rsonist

They clearly haven't been easy to gauge for us as a club and fanbase in recent years.

I think they have been very clear - well they are in my book anyways.

Dieng - decent, got chances of making it in the big time
Lumley - Not good enough, inconsistent.
Archer - ?? Not seen him play.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 17:53]
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:54 - Jul 29 with 991 viewsPinnerPaul

Ok - just watched the Cambridge 90' and I'm bemused by any criticism of Archer.

He got sold short by one Kakay pass but got it away and got closed down once by a Cambridge forward.

Had one proper save to make, caught everything he could and beaten by a decent shot that may have been deflected in any case.

Can't see the drama myself.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:56 - Jul 29 with 983 viewsgazza1

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:36 - Jul 29 by simmo

At Cambridge it looked to me like he was trying very hard to show he can be the 'ball playing GK' that Dieng is and presumably, the staff would like him to be, to the point he was almost overdoing it and dithering.

Whilst it's important to the way we retain possession and build form the back, I'd prefer it if we worked more to his level rather than ask him to try too hard to be something he isn't. For balance, he released the ball quickly looking for counters, didn't make any major mistakes, couldn't do much about their goal, saved a point blank shot late on and won't play unless Dieng is unavailable.

He's come here knowing he won't play but will presumably train hard, set a good example, be professional with preparation and try to use his experience as a positive in a young team. Asking for all of that and him being a quality GK isn't really a thing unfortunately, best of luck to him.

Thanks......MW obviously wants our keepers to play out from the back - problem is if we are not cautious enough there could be trouble ahead - there's a time and place and all that!!!.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 17:56]
Login to get fewer ads

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:58 - Jul 29 with 975 viewsgazza1

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:54 - Jul 29 by PinnerPaul

He got sold short by one Kakay pass but got it away and got closed down once by a Cambridge forward.

Had one proper save to make, caught everything he could and beaten by a decent shot that may have been deflected in any case.

The drama is one poster was very negative and the other positive - why is that?? Not difficult really for a keeper assessment imho.

No drama - just asking the posters really.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 17:59]
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 18:21 - Jul 29 with 929 viewsQPROslo

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 17:54 - Jul 29 by PinnerPaul

I thought he did fine as well too. He made 2 decent saves, came out for the ball well, his distribution was ok, and I didnt see any mistakes, though I did miss the first 10 minutes trying to find a stream, and the Utube picture was blurry enough when I did that a few errors could have been lost in the fog.
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 21:22 - Jul 29 with 826 viewsCiderwithRsie

Veryy much how I saw it, watching on YouTube. Sounds as if the stuff in your second para looked a bit scarier to those in the ground, though.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 22:57]
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:09 - Jul 30 with 665 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 21:22 - Jul 29 by CiderwithRsie

Veryy much how I saw it, watching on YouTube. Sounds as if the stuff in your second para looked a bit scarier to those in the ground, though.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2021 22:57]

Yep agree with that last bit - acknowledge its a bit easier watching a goalkeeper when you know the final score - not the same jeopardy as a live game!
QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:23 - Jul 30 with 652 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 14:09 - Jul 30 by PinnerPaul

Yep agree with that last bit - acknowledge its a bit easier watching a goalkeeper when you know the final score - not the same jeopardy as a live game!

Yes agreed.

As for gazza1. Is that you Sergeant Foley?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

QPR bring in Archer as backup goalkeeper — Signing on 21:13 - Jul 31 with 496 viewstoboboly

Murphy Cooper appears to now be at Welling United

Edit: damn link broke and now i cant find the tweet
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 21:20]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024