Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olympic action 02:04 - Jul 24 with 8553 viewsSott

Having a sleepless night,just watching the rowing,much talk amongst the commentators about " stroking a pair "

Frankie Howard would be proud.
Olympic action on 10:51 - Jul 26 with 2579 viewsaston_hoop

Rugby sevens looks like great fun

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Olympic action on 12:25 - Jul 26 with 2514 viewsdenhamhoop2

Must admit to getting a bit choked watching Tom Daley finally get his Olympic Gold just shows good guys can prosper
Olympic action on 12:33 - Jul 26 with 2506 viewsMick_S

Olympic action on 12:25 - Jul 26 by denhamhoop2

Must admit to getting a bit choked watching Tom Daley finally get his Olympic Gold just shows good guys can prosper

They were utterly magnificent. What a moment.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Olympic action on 16:16 - Jul 26 with 2446 viewsMick_S

The skateboarding looks quite easy. Might have to dust down the old kryptonic wheels.

Olympic action on 21:26 - Jul 27 with 2340 viewsSott

Equestrian dressage was a step too far ,how horse dancing is an Olympic sport bemuses me and so boring to watch
Olympic action on 23:19 - Jul 27 with 2228 viewsMrSheen

Olympic action on 21:26 - Jul 27 by Sott

Equestrian dressage was a step too far ,how horse dancing is an Olympic sport bemuses me and so boring to watch

Horse ice-skating, I might watch that.
Olympic action on 14:51 - Jul 28 with 2159 viewsSott

Olympic action on 23:19 - Jul 27 by MrSheen

I can hear bolero in the background while the fillie glides gracefully through her routine
Olympic action on 14:55 - Jul 28 with 2152 viewsMick_S

Olympic action on 23:19 - Jul 27 by MrSheen

I’m watching the horse water polo.

Login to get fewer ads

Olympic action on 18:07 - Jul 29 with 2062 viewsRanger_Things

BMX rac e heats were decent. Looking forward to the finals.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/olympics/58011106
Olympic action on 23:41 - Jul 30 with 1932 viewsaston_hoop

Olympic action on 18:07 - Jul 29 by Ranger_Things

BMX rac e heats were decent. Looking forward to the finals.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/olympics/58011106

That turned out very well!

Mixed triathlon looks like it'll be a good contest

Olympic action on 23:52 - Jul 30 with 1924 viewsLythamR

Olympic action on 23:41 - Jul 30 by aston_hoop

That turned out very well!

Mixed triathlon looks like it'll be a good contest

Stunning performance by Shriever, and without funding as well

Have to say I am enjoying this much more than i was expecting to without crowds
Olympic action on 23:58 - Jul 30 with 1919 viewsaston_hoop

Olympic action on 23:52 - Jul 30 by LythamR

Likewise, love the Olympics, was a bit unsure how it would be but it's been so enjoyable so far. So many stories being written. The BMX silver and gold were unbelievable. Those 2 deserve much more going forward

Also, don't we all love Ruby Tui now?

[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 0:04]

Olympic action on 00:56 - Jul 31 with 1878 viewsaston_hoop

Superb gold in the mixed team triathlon. great entertainment

Olympic action on 01:15 - Jul 31 with 1867 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Olympic action on 16:16 - Jul 26 by Mick_S

The skateboarding looks quite easy. Might have to dust down the old kryptonic wheels.

Greens, blues or reds Mick?

I still have my white yo yos
Olympic action on 07:12 - Jul 31 with 1828 viewsRanger_Things

Olympic action on 23:52 - Jul 30 by LythamR

Incredible effort. You often hear athletes saying they gave it their all, left it all on the track etc. but she really did. She couldn’t even stand up afterwards because of the lactic acid build up. Imagine how much quicker she would have been if she didn’t have to work as a teachers assistant and could afford a full time coach.

Interesting that the Americans use a medal table based on total medals won, making them first. However the official weights the medals accordingly which puts them down in third.

The USA also deliberately leaves the 'Great' off Britain!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/olympics/tokyo-summer-games/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/sports/olympics/medal-count-results.htm

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olympic-games/en/results/all-sports/medal-standi
[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 7:32]
Olympic action on 07:43 - Jul 31 with 1804 viewsRanger_Things

Olympic action on 23:58 - Jul 30 by aston_hoop

Likewise, love the Olympics, was a bit unsure how it would be but it's been so enjoyable so far. So many stories being written. The BMX silver and gold were unbelievable. Those 2 deserve much more going forward

Also, don't we all love Ruby Tui now?

[Post edited 31 Jul 2021 0:04]

She is great, what positivity! Another GB team that had to be crowdfunded, and even the All Blacks contributed. The lottery funding has been hugely effective but there are clearly issues that need to be urgently addressed.
Olympic action on 08:13 - Jul 31 with 1784 viewsMick_S

Olympic action on 01:15 - Jul 31 by CroydonCaptJack

Greens, blues or reds Mick?

I still have my white yo yos

I had blues, Pete. Bit of a problem as I only had two.

Olympic action on 03:06 - Aug 1 with 1656 viewsSott

Olympic action on 08:13 - Jul 31 by Mick_S

I had blues, Pete. Bit of a problem as I only had two.

Bmx Park freestyle is amazing and a brit tops the standings,really fresh ,exciting event,just taken gold,take a bow Charlotte wortington
Olympic action on 06:21 - Aug 1 with 1593 viewsLeedsR

Olympic action on 07:43 - Jul 31 by Ranger_Things

She is great, what positivity! Another GB team that had to be crowdfunded, and even the All Blacks contributed. The lottery funding has been hugely effective but there are clearly issues that need to be urgently addressed.

I thought that both Men’s and Womens Rugby 7s was hugely entertaining and a great watch. I thought the skill level, in those conditions was really high. Such a shame that they didn’t have the crowds in there as they would have blown the ceilings off.

Really gutted for both GB teams to miss out on medals. Despite their valiant efforts and excellent skills (particularly Jasmine Joyce and Abi Brown for the Women) and the fact that they more than competed, the likes of NZ and Fiji we’re just that little bit better.

Really enjoyed all the triathlon - so impressed with the fitness and sheer guts of these people. Georgia Taylor-Brown getting a silver despite having to cycle the last km or so with a puncture in her rear wheel. Amazing!! Golds for the mixed - well deserved.

I’m loving the Olympics. Just a shame that there’s no crowds. Bl**dy Covid.

Can’t wait for Saturday tho……!
Olympic action on 14:55 - Aug 1 with 1500 viewsRanger_Things

British BMX bandits deliver again, this time in the park. Fantastic advert for the sport and they bring home a gold and bronze. Great stuff.
Olympic action on 20:56 - Aug 3 with 1316 viewsSott

Olympic action on 14:55 - Aug 1 by Ranger_Things

British BMX bandits deliver again, this time in the park. Fantastic advert for the sport and they bring home a gold and bronze. Great stuff.

Wow, the speed rock climbing is an excellent watch,they are clmbing 30 - 40 ft in 7 seconds!!
Great new sport
Olympic action on 21:25 - Aug 3 with 1287 viewsChrisNW6

I keep an eye on the British Sailing results every 4yrs and always watch the final medal races if GB are in the mix. Brilliant results this morning and really exciting finishes.

400m hurdles race was the greatest in history and records tumbled. How much does the track play in fast times? Every event between 100m up to 800m has produced PBs and Olympic records. In the womens events its only the drug cheat records that remain.
Olympic action on 22:03 - Aug 3 with 1257 viewsRanger_Things

Olympic action on 20:56 - Aug 3 by Sott

Wow, the speed rock climbing is an excellent watch,they are clmbing 30 - 40 ft in 7 seconds!!
Great new sport

I enjoyed that too, proper Spider-Man stuff. Have a look out for Shauna Coxsey in the women’s event, British and very good. Also Sky Brown is competing in skateboard early hours, she’s incredible.
Olympic action on 22:08 - Aug 3 with 1250 viewsRanger_Things

Olympic action on 21:25 - Aug 3 by ChrisNW6

I keep an eye on the British Sailing results every 4yrs and always watch the final medal races if GB are in the mix. Brilliant results this morning and really exciting finishes.

400m hurdles race was the greatest in history and records tumbled. How much does the track play in fast times? Every event between 100m up to 800m has produced PBs and Olympic records. In the womens events its only the drug cheat records that remain.

The athletes have obviously improved but it’s also a fast track and the new shoe technology must have an impact. Regardless, some of the races have been stunning.
Olympic action on 10:01 - Aug 5 with 1051 viewsHooping_Mad

Watched the open water 10k, a German won it of course. He was bloody good, the water they were in was so hot that when they finished they pour the drinks bottles over themselves !

The Russian weight lifting girls looked more feminine than they have before for some weird reason......

Noticed the BBC commentary team seem to have an average age of about 12 and know bugger all about the events.

Dickie Davies, World of Sport, Jumpers for goal posts, those were the days.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024