Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Saturday 10:20 - Aug 5 with 2465 viewsAberystwythR

Some tough choices for Warbs on Sat, especially in midfield and up top

My pick would probably be

Dieng

Odubajo
Barbet
De Wijs
Dickie
Wallace

Johansen
Ball

Willock
Chair

Dykes

Balls Pre season form deserves a start imo and Dykes seemed to do more off the ball than Austin at the moment
Team for Saturday on 10:27 - Aug 5 with 2432 viewsQPREvo

My team would be

Dieng

Odubajo
Barbet
De Wijs
Dickie
Wallace

Ball
Dozzell

Willock
Chair

Austin

Dozzell & Ball have impressed me in pre season and with Johansen not having a full pre season I would bring him on in the last 30
Team for Saturday on 10:33 - Aug 5 with 2415 viewsaston_hoop

Team for Saturday on 10:27 - Aug 5 by QPREvo

My team would be

Dieng

Odubajo
Barbet
De Wijs
Dickie
Wallace

Ball
Dozzell

Willock
Chair

Austin

Dozzell & Ball have impressed me in pre season and with Johansen not having a full pre season I would bring him on in the last 30

Yeah this team, don't think he'll throw Johansen in cold

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Team for Saturday on 10:39 - Aug 5 with 2378 viewsAberystwythR

Team for Saturday on 10:33 - Aug 5 by aston_hoop

Yeah this team, don't think he'll throw Johansen in cold

Wondering whether theyll try Johansen for 60 mins and let him play the quaterback role while ball runs around him? Seems risky to leave our best midfielder (maybe player?) out if hes injury free
Team for Saturday on 10:39 - Aug 5 with 2376 viewsdaveB

thinks it will be the team that started last weekend, only real choice if Johanssen or Dozzel which I guess depends on fitness really
Team for Saturday on 11:41 - Aug 5 with 2269 viewsEastR

Team for Saturday on 10:39 - Aug 5 by daveB

thinks it will be the team that started last weekend, only real choice if Johanssen or Dozzel which I guess depends on fitness really

spot on
Johanssen is the only real call and I reckon he'll start

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Team for Saturday on 11:56 - Aug 5 with 2223 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'd be surprised if JoJo starts.
The really big decision is up front I think. I wonder if he might try and squeeze both of them in, but for that, you would need Jojo starting.
Hmm...

Bare bones.

Team for Saturday on 12:17 - Aug 5 with 2181 viewsAberystwythR

Team for Saturday on 11:56 - Aug 5 by Antti_Heinola

I'd be surprised if JoJo starts.
The really big decision is up front I think. I wonder if he might try and squeeze both of them in, but for that, you would need Jojo starting.
Hmm...

Better to have these problems than the team picking itself mind !
Team for Saturday on 12:26 - Aug 5 with 2135 viewsdmm

I too think it will be the same starting 11 as v Leicester, which was also the starting 11 v ManU.

Are we back to 7 on the bench now? It'll be interesting to see who doesn't make the match day squad.
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Saturday on 12:43 - Aug 5 with 2079 viewssaxbend

I'd start with last Saturday's team. No reason to change that. So
Dieng,
Odubajo, Dickie, De Wijs Barbet, Wallace,
Dozzell, Ball, Chair, Willock, Austin,

then seven subs: Archer, Kakay, Masterson, McCallum, Adomah, Johansen, Dykes.

Can't choose between Dunne and Masterson really but I don't think we need both. Johansen may or may not be fit for Saturday - hopefully we'll find out when Warburton does his prematch interview tonight or tomorrow.
Team for Saturday on 14:21 - Aug 5 with 1942 viewsBazzeR

Interesting looking at the 7 subs Saxbend has picked.

Dunne gets on the bench ahead of Masterson for me due to his very good performances so far and his versatility across the back.

It’s certainly clear that it’s going to be difficult to predict who manages to even gain a spot on the bench this season.
Team for Saturday on 09:26 - Aug 6 with 1700 viewssaxbend

And Warburton also has a lot of faith in George Thomas so he may well take one of those spots instead. I don't have much faith in him but I have plenty in Warburton so I'm willing to see what happens.
Team for Saturday on 10:23 - Aug 6 with 1632 viewsRBlock

Dunne looks absolutely clear of Masterson. No contest.
Team for Saturday on 10:30 - Aug 6 with 1604 viewsdmm

Team for Saturday on 09:26 - Aug 6 by saxbend

And Warburton also has a lot of faith in George Thomas so he may well take one of those spots instead. I don't have much faith in him but I have plenty in Warburton so I'm willing to see what happens.

I have a question mark over Thomas too. Admittedly he's not started a match for us yet but he came off the bench 18 times last season so has had opportunities to show what he can do.

To me, he looks like an 'almost but not quite' player who may not make it with us. I hope I'm wrong because at times there does seem to be a player in there.
Team for Saturday on 10:32 - Aug 6 with 1597 viewsJeff

Dieng,
Odubajo, Dickie, De Wijs, Barbet, Wallace,
Dozzell, Ball, Chair, Willock,
Austin

Subs: Archer, McCallum, Dunne, Johansen, Thomas, Adomah, Dykes

You heard it here first *taps nose*

Can we not knock it?

Team for Saturday on 10:32 - Aug 6 with 1595 viewsCamberleyR

Team for Saturday on 10:23 - Aug 6 by RBlock

Agreed. Miles in front.

Dunne is slightly less than a year older and has 50+ more senior games under his belt.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 10:38]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Team for Saturday on 10:35 - Aug 6 with 1588 viewsBazzeR

I see Jimmy Dunne playing a big part in this team once he gets a run of games.

He’s going straight in as my go to first scorer at the bookies.
Team for Saturday on 10:35 - Aug 6 with 1583 viewsMalintabuk

Team for Saturday on 10:23 - Aug 6 by RBlock

Same as Leicester except McCullam for Wallace. Harsh on Wallace true but I feel that McCullam is the future. When he came on he looked exciting and very able and I don't think he would weaken the team
I would have gone with Wallace as I thought he was going to get the armband, but as that is now Jo Jo we may see more of McCullam
Of course if JoJo is not picked them it will be Wallace
Team for Saturday on 10:41 - Aug 6 with 1557 viewsBazzeR

Difficult to judge Thomas as he appears to keep being played in different positions.

Not sure what his best position is but the changes are not doing him any favours to my eyes.
Team for Saturday on 12:27 - Aug 6 with 1498 viewsDavieQPR

Think this team but with Austin for first 60mins, When Johansen joined us in Jan he hadn't played any games that season but went straight into squad so I expect him to play first 60 mins also.
Team for Saturday on 12:36 - Aug 6 with 1457 viewssaxbend

I think Dunne is definitely stronger when it comes to putting tackles in and winning headers, but Masterson is better at distribution and being part of a move that starts from the back while Dunne prefers to either give it back to Seny or another defender when he has time to do anything other than hoof it. So Warburton will probably choose one over the other based on the expected tactics of the opposition. While we all expect Millwall to be physical based on the lion's (no pun intended, but can't be arsed to replace it now) share of their history, something tells me they will have the ball on the deck a lot more than they usually do tomorrow.

But I'm not really too fussed which of the two is involved for two reasons.
1) If all goes well we shouldn't need to bring a CB off the bench.
2) I trust Warburton to make the right choice based on far more information and understanding of the game than I have.
Team for Saturday on 12:55 - Aug 6 with 1430 viewssimmo

----------------------Dieng---------------------------
-------------Dickie-De Wijs-Barbet---------------
Odubajo-----------------------------------Wallace
---------------------Stef--Ball-------------------------
Willock-----------------------------------------Chair
----------------------Austin---------------------------

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Team for Saturday on 13:58 - Aug 6 with 1336 viewsgazza1

The GK, 3xCB's & 2 x wide players (Wallace & Odubajo) are certainties to play.....

So is Willock & Chair, likewise CA.

So we have 2 places with a few fighting for them. SJ will start if MW & his team think he is fit enough so that leaves one and that will be between Ball & Dozzell. I would go with Dozzell but MW may want to be a little more cautious and play Ball instead.

We should be strong & good enough to get 3 points whatever team MW picks providing we don't 'bottle it'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024