Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly 17:52 - Sep 18 with 8429 viewsLazyFan

We still have that giveaway attitude.

zzzzzzzzzz

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:34 - Sep 19 with 1655 viewsPinnerPaul

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:48 - Sep 18 by MedwayR

So far this season we’ve played lots of pretty football without making it count for much. We’ve been rescued by Rob Dickie, relied on Sam McCallum and clever set-pieces (Hull) for goals whilst gifting too many goals. We don’t seem to know how to control games (not possession) to get 3pts.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 20:20]

I don't see how being 2nd top scorers equates to 'not making it count for much' and we ARE 8th!
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:35 - Sep 19 with 1642 viewsgazza1

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:26 - Sep 19 by PinnerPaul

Agree.

Whilst all goals are preventable and therefore someone's 'fault', neither of theirs could be described as 'gifts'

I would strongly suggest that MW would look at it very differently.....the first was a shambles and the second was not very good defending at all made simple by Jordi's slip.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:38 - Sep 19 with 1637 viewsPinnerPaul

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:00 - Sep 18 by davman

After the start we've had and the manner of the last two defeats, this thread is a little harsh.

Clinical. Warbs keeps saying. You cannot have that many shots and not score.

System. Guys, Warbsball means lots of goals. Our strength at the back is the three centre backs. When they're up field, we rely on others, who may not be so hot at defending. Everytime we lost the ball on the edge of their penalty box we looked vulnerable; there is something fundamentally wrong with our shape against the counterattack and I hope that can be sorted.

But, the team is still great to watch, isn't it?

Plus MW recognised that very problem in his post match interview - he's not stupid, he will sort it out.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:39 - Sep 19 with 1631 viewsgazza1

I think the subject line is harsh as well.....we wasn't saying that 7 days ago. But, for sure, we should not have lost yesterday.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:44 - Sep 19 with 1626 viewsPinnerPaul

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:35 - Sep 19 by gazza1

I would strongly suggest that MW would look at it very differently.....the first was a shambles and the second was not very good defending at all made simple by Jordi's slip.

So both preventable and someone's fault then....as I said!
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:48 - Sep 19 with 1610 viewsgazza1

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:44 - Sep 19 by PinnerPaul

Yes and No but they were gifts for Bristol City......
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 14:49]
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:51 - Sep 19 with 1599 viewsgazza1

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:44 - Sep 19 by PinnerPaul

Let me put it better......

they were preventable, so yes
they were someone fault, so yes
And they were gifts which you said were not gifts!!!
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:59 - Sep 19 with 1588 viewsWatford_Ranger

Contrary to popular belief, there’s another team out there trying to score against us and stop us from scoring. Sometimes they’re good at one if not both of those things.
Login to get fewer ads

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 15:07 - Sep 19 with 1577 viewsPinnerPaul

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:51 - Sep 19 by gazza1

Let me put it better......

they were preventable, so yes
they were someone fault, so yes
And they were gifts which you said were not gifts!!!

Not for the 1st time, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Bournemouth's 1st a gift, yesterday's two not for me.

We're not going to change out minds so lets leave it there.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:54 - Sep 19 with 1472 viewsgazza1

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 15:07 - Sep 19 by PinnerPaul

Not for the 1st time, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Bournemouth's 1st a gift, yesterday's two not for me.

We're not going to change out minds so lets leave it there.

Well, just listened to MW after match video....he described the 1st goal as 'soft' without naming names, that basically means it was a gift but a different word. I would suggest the 2nd was a bigger gift although he did not repeat himself!!!
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:56 - Sep 19 with 1412 viewsLythamR

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:54 - Sep 19 by gazza1

Well, just listened to MW after match video....he described the 1st goal as 'soft' without naming names, that basically means it was a gift but a different word. I would suggest the 2nd was a bigger gift although he did not repeat himself!!!

For me the 2nd was a very well executed breakaway goal scored when we were totally committed and hell bent on trying to secure a victory that was a realistic objective. the 1st might gave been a bit soft but it was created by a player who cost Bristol more than our entire team.

ill take that loss on the chin because it was against the odds and the benefit of 3 points for a win makes it a worthy gamble.

We are doing really well given the value of our our team and providing entertainment match after match. which is nice.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 23:29 - Sep 19 with 1345 viewsNortholt_Rs

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:56 - Sep 19 by LythamR

For me the 2nd was a very well executed breakaway goal scored when we were totally committed and hell bent on trying to secure a victory that was a realistic objective. the 1st might gave been a bit soft but it was created by a player who cost Bristol more than our entire team.

ill take that loss on the chin because it was against the odds and the benefit of 3 points for a win makes it a worthy gamble.

We are doing really well given the value of our our team and providing entertainment match after match. which is nice.

Great point… Massengo cost them £7.2m and looked quality. You get what you pay for. Sometimes.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 04:57 - Sep 20 with 1268 viewsstainrods_elbow

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:54 - Sep 19 by gazza1

He basically says that after more or less every goal we concede, which I personally find both annoying and unhelpful, as it devalues the language and induces brain fog when it comes to separating genuine gifts like Dickie's dispossession for Bournemouth's first, good counter-attacking goals when our defensive positioning helps the opposition on its way like both Brizzle goals, and super strikes like Millwall's opener. If he were even a bit more precise and discriminating in his post-match interviews, I'd have more time for them.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 5:03]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 05:02 - Sep 20 with 1264 viewsstainrods_elbow

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 23:29 - Sep 19 by Northolt_Rs

Great point… Massengo cost them £7.2m and looked quality. You get what you pay for. Sometimes.

He did - and only 20. I really rate Willock, and thought he showed some lovely moments yesterday, as well as coming close on two or three occasions, but, sad and true to say, it was the Frenchman who was effective when it counted.

By the way, how can Brizzle afford/be allowed to spend 7m quid on anyone?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 08:06 - Sep 20 with 1228 viewsFrankRightguard

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 05:02 - Sep 20 by stainrods_elbow

He did - and only 20. I really rate Willock, and thought he showed some lovely moments yesterday, as well as coming close on two or three occasions, but, sad and true to say, it was the Frenchman who was effective when it counted.

By the way, how can Brizzle afford/be allowed to spend 7m quid on anyone?

I think it was the big money they got from Brighton for Webster that funded it. He looked a player in the league cup tie we had with them a couple of years back just after they’d signed him. Was excellent on Saturday.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:09 - Sep 20 with 1159 viewsgazza1

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 04:57 - Sep 20 by stainrods_elbow

He basically says that after more or less every goal we concede, which I personally find both annoying and unhelpful, as it devalues the language and induces brain fog when it comes to separating genuine gifts like Dickie's dispossession for Bournemouth's first, good counter-attacking goals when our defensive positioning helps the opposition on its way like both Brizzle goals, and super strikes like Millwall's opener. If he were even a bit more precise and discriminating in his post-match interviews, I'd have more time for them.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 5:03]

You think what you like but they were both 'gifts' from the Rangers and I believe that MW acknowledges that as well........if I was on the field of play I would have said to my team-mates the 'we gifted them' along with a few other expletives and those fellow players would have most certainly agreed.

PS - I do not agree that we are 'soft under belly' though.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 10:10]
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:14 - Sep 20 with 1157 viewsrobith

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 18:27 - Sep 18 by Logman

Nonsense title to this thread. Who exactly was soft ? The commitment and effort was 99%

Lazy indeed. Maybe I'm a veteran of too many internet boards, but making a thread with that title and then just one short sentence as the post....make some effort man
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:15 - Sep 20 with 1156 viewsrobith

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 23:29 - Sep 19 by Northolt_Rs

He was absolutely outstanding wasn't he?
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:32 - Sep 20 with 1144 viewsBklynRanger

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:14 - Sep 20 by robith

Lazy indeed. Maybe I'm a veteran of too many internet boards, but making a thread with that title and then just one short sentence as the post....make some effort man

Thing is he normally writes quite a lot - maybe he's been hacked
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 15:31 - Sep 20 with 1031 viewsLazyFan

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 10:14 - Sep 20 by robith

I think the expectation is managed in the name, "LazyFan." There is no commitment here :P

Soft we are, when back at 1-1 we need to grind em down, not attack like we are still a goal down. Proper open we were, crackers that. Yes, West Brom is not very pretty to watch and in some cases downright boring, but they grind out results.
We can play the best football as we did, but sometimes we need to grind. This is not the Justice League, there is no justice in the Champ, it's the nasty league.

That means we still have our back 5 err back, even though it's 1-1 and let our quality sneak the goal if it can. Too soft goals on breakaways. Neither should have happened but they did. Moses cross-field ball got intercepted ... again and Ball trying to muck about with it when he should have learned from previous that sometimes you put your foot through it. And it's not just them, Barbs being pulled over from the left for the first and Jordy falling over with no one near him.

It's a team problem as we saw with Dickie the other week. Sure it happens, but when it happens again and again, this means there is a system problem, not an individual problem. I don't blame the players. this is purely tactical. This is for Warbs to fix.

This on top of plenty of other soft goals, rather than from excellent play from the oppo, means we are giving them Charity. Push QPR around a bit and they will gift you a goal. Need to nasty up, like PNE and the Millwall's of this world.

zzzzzzzzzz

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 17:34 - Sep 20 with 984 viewsgazza1

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 15:31 - Sep 20 by LazyFan

I think the expectation is managed in the name, "LazyFan." There is no commitment here :P

Soft we are, when back at 1-1 we need to grind em down, not attack like we are still a goal down. Proper open we were, crackers that. Yes, West Brom is not very pretty to watch and in some cases downright boring, but they grind out results.
We can play the best football as we did, but sometimes we need to grind. This is not the Justice League, there is no justice in the Champ, it's the nasty league.

That means we still have our back 5 err back, even though it's 1-1 and let our quality sneak the goal if it can. Too soft goals on breakaways. Neither should have happened but they did. Moses cross-field ball got intercepted ... again and Ball trying to muck about with it when he should have learned from previous that sometimes you put your foot through it. And it's not just them, Barbs being pulled over from the left for the first and Jordy falling over with no one near him.

It's a team problem as we saw with Dickie the other week. Sure it happens, but when it happens again and again, this means there is a system problem, not an individual problem. I don't blame the players. this is purely tactical. This is for Warbs to fix.

This on top of plenty of other soft goals, rather than from excellent play from the oppo, means we are giving them Charity. Push QPR around a bit and they will gift you a goal. Need to nasty up, like PNE and the Millwall's of this world.

Tell me please....how was Ball trying to much around with it??....should of learned from what previous times??

As I have said in a previous post somewhere......we were ill disciplined by chasing the 2nd goal.
Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 19:07 - Sep 20 with 923 viewsMedwayR

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 14:34 - Sep 19 by PinnerPaul

I don't see how being 2nd top scorers equates to 'not making it count for much' and we ARE 8th!

How many of those goals have come by finishing off a move/build up play? Many have come from set-pieces, Dickie wonder strikes, following up shots etc, not much of our possession & passing directly leads to a goal. Therefore, is it that effective.

Poll: Who’s better?

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:38 - Sep 20 with 887 viewsLazyFan

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 17:34 - Sep 20 by gazza1

Tell me please....how was Ball trying to much around with it??....should of learned from what previous times??

As I have said in a previous post somewhere......we were ill disciplined by chasing the 2nd goal.

Here is a previous example of Ball losing the ball and costing us a goal:

At 1.41 Kakay wins the ball gives it to Dom who dallies and costs us a goal.

For ill-discipline on the 2nd, we agree.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 20:40]

zzzzzzzzzz

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 21:51 - Sep 20 with 835 viewsdavman

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 20:38 - Sep 20 by LazyFan

Here is a previous example of Ball losing the ball and costing us a goal:

At 1.41 Kakay wins the ball gives it to Dom who dallies and costs us a goal.

For ill-discipline on the 2nd, we agree.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 20:40]

Yep, but how crap would the 'Boro game have been if we'd tried to shut up shop at 2-1 up after Odubajo was sent off?

As said earlier on this thread, Warbsball means attack, no chance of shutting up shop. We kill games when we keep the ball, but when we're chasing we are so, so open; if teams gamble by leaving players up field to counter they will get the chance...

Personally I was so, so gutted on Saturday, but overall I'd much rather this than what Brizzle fans (as an example) will have to put up with under Pearson.

If we play the same way tomorrow and our wing backs lose the ball on the edge of the penalty area, I'd expect a right old stuffing. But I'd rather that they carried on getting into those advanced positions than change the formation to be scared of the big Prem side...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 02:33 - Sep 21 with 740 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Charity Park Rangers, Soft under belly on 07:30 - Sep 19 by dmm

I think you've called it, Davman. This is Warbsball; entertaining football that's vulnerable to conceding goals. Isn't that what we've seen since he's been managing us?

As much as I want to see us win games, at the end of the day I'm happy with what Warburton's doing.

"Isn't that what we've seen since he's been managing us?".

No, not exactly. It certainly started that way but with QPR 4th from bottom at Christmas and Warburton facing the sack, he dipped into the loan market and adopted a slightly more pragmatic approach. This resulted in a tighter defence and a complete reversal of fortunes.

Having since secured the loan players on permanent deals, MW appears to have moved back towards a more risky brand of football instead of sticking with what made the team so successful in the second half of last season. For me, the football was no less enjoyable to watch during this period and we were winning football matches to boot. I'd like to see MW strike that balance again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024