Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR/ England goalies 16:30 - Oct 13 with 3547 viewsthemodfather

Was watching the big match revisited today and it was 1980 Qpr v Brum we had chris woods in goal and he was a good goalie and got me thinking , how many England goalies have we had? I can think of parkes woods, green, sprinter and seaman are there others? Cheers
QPR/ England goalies on 16:43 - Oct 14 with 678 viewstexasranger

QPR/ England goalies on 21:20 - Oct 13 by Malintabuk

Though never played for England remember my great uncle saying what a great keeper Reg Allen was and of not for the war would have been an England keeper
Left us for Man U for a then record transfer for a keeper

Your great uncle was so right about Reg Allen !
QPR/ England goalies on 18:04 - Oct 14 with 639 viewsheadhoops

also, among my favourite Rangers keepers he played for more than 30 clubs and played one game dressed as batman.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

QPR/ England goalies on 18:50 - Oct 14 with 619 viewsAddinall

QPR/ England goalies on 21:20 - Oct 13 by Malintabuk

Though never played for England remember my great uncle saying what a great keeper Reg Allen was and of not for the war would have been an England keeper
Left us for Man U for a then record transfer for a keeper

I'm old enough to have seen him play and he was my first Rangers hero. Apart from the war he played when England had a surfeit of possible goalkeepers. Ted Ditchburn, Gilbert Merrick, Bert Williams and Frank Swift come to mind. Naturally they all played for "big" clubs i.e. in the first division. Some things never change. Ron Springett had to join Sheffield Wednesday before he was called up for his country.

But Reg Allen was a brilliant and classy custodian.
QPR/ England goalies on 21:04 - Oct 14 with 555 viewsMalintabuk

QPR/ England goalies on 18:50 - Oct 14 by Addinall

I'm old enough to have seen him play and he was my first Rangers hero. Apart from the war he played when England had a surfeit of possible goalkeepers. Ted Ditchburn, Gilbert Merrick, Bert Williams and Frank Swift come to mind. Naturally they all played for "big" clubs i.e. in the first division. Some things never change. Ron Springett had to join Sheffield Wednesday before he was called up for his country.

But Reg Allen was a brilliant and classy custodian.

I was too young to have seen Ron Springett during his 1st spell but do remember him returning in 67, and the almost reverence he was held in.
Not sure if my memory is right didn't he and his brother Peter play in the same match at Loftus Road in the few games we won that dreadful 68 season?
As a mere whippersnapper I was not that impressed with Ron but was told that he was a great keeper for us in the 50s
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 21:05]
QPR/ England goalies on 21:57 - Oct 14 with 533 viewsterryb

QPR/ England goalies on 21:04 - Oct 14 by Malintabuk

I was too young to have seen Ron Springett during his 1st spell but do remember him returning in 67, and the almost reverence he was held in.
Not sure if my memory is right didn't he and his brother Peter play in the same match at Loftus Road in the few games we won that dreadful 68 season?
As a mere whippersnapper I was not that impressed with Ron but was told that he was a great keeper for us in the 50s
[Post edited 14 Oct 2021 21:05]

Sheffield Wednesday weere one of the four teams we beat that season & so it is very possible they played against each other.

The previous season we played at Wednesday in the FA Cup, so I would imagine that they both were playing that day as well.

I know Ron was a very good 'keeper for Rangers before he went north, but your not being impressed with him after his return is mild in comparison to my feelings!
QPR/ England goalies on 09:56 - Oct 15 with 457 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

QPR/ England goalies on 09:42 - Oct 14 by headhoops

With the quality of our defending over the years, hardly surprising we have had a few decent keepers, all that practice etc.

Parkes would surely have had more than his one cap if he wasnt in the same era as Ray Clemence 60 ish caps and Peter 'Tina' Shilton with 125

“Tina”. Oh, man, that brought back a few memories 😂.
He used to laugh along with us, too, I recall.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024