Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sensible Refereeing 10:28 - Oct 17 with 1420 viewsDWQPR

After watching some poor refereeing by a referee that I had previously rated yesterday who let a lot go from one team but would penalise or even book players for the same offences I was just watching highlights of the Sheff Utd v Stoke game this morning and at one point Sheff Utd were attacking with a Stoke player laying injured on the floor. Referee whilst keeping up with play checked on the player and having been satisfied that he wasn’t going to die carried on with the play until the ball went out before calling the physio on. I thought that was an excellent piece of refereeing and would if employed more in the Championship stop all the shithousery. So I quickly looked up the ref in question………… Keith Stroud.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sensible Refereeing on 10:33 - Oct 17 with 1389 viewsOldPedro

"After watching some poor refereeing by a referee that I had previously rated yesterday who let a lot go from one team but would penalise or even book players for the same offences"

I thought this yesterday too!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sensible Refereeing on 11:37 - Oct 17 with 1288 viewsPinnerPaul

Problem with that, as Clive has mentioned, is that it is a risky (for the referee) tactic.

Have you ever been to the doctors or a hospital, where they ask to lay on the floor, move away and then see how you are whilst running past you, trying to look at something else at the same time?
Sensible Refereeing on 11:46 - Oct 17 with 1256 viewsstevec

Unless it’s a head injury I’d have thought a period laying on the ground whilst the game goes on never did anybody any harm.
Sensible Refereeing on 12:46 - Oct 17 with 1173 viewsdaveB

Those 2 yesterday where the player was laying on the line and could easily have been rolled off and the game continue but we had to wait for them to get treatment and then in Joe Bryans case watch him walk past the goal across to the sideline rather than the 2 yard walk to behind the goal, was ridiculous
Sensible Refereeing on 15:01 - Oct 17 with 1026 viewsDWQPR

Sensible Refereeing on 11:37 - Oct 17 by PinnerPaul

Problem with that, as Clive has mentioned, is that it is a risky (for the referee) tactic.

Have you ever been to the doctors or a hospital, where they ask to lay on the floor, move away and then see how you are whilst running past you, trying to look at something else at the same time?

Point is that on this occasion Stroud checked that the player didn’t have a head injury or that none of his limbs were at a strange angle.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sensible Refereeing on 15:38 - Oct 17 with 976 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Going off the thread Myke started it looks like Clive is angry today so this will upset him more .Giving credit to Keith Stroud is looking to get a letter of reprimand from moderators haha but it was just one play right .He probably fcuked up multiple calls DWQPR
Sensible Refereeing on 13:36 - Oct 18 with 729 viewsLazyFan

It was not Stroud referring a QPR game, which is why he is the worst.
As he changes when he refs us so, that makes him the worst.

zzzzzzzzzz

Sensible Refereeing on 13:59 - Oct 18 with 703 viewsPinnerPaul

Sensible Refereeing on 15:01 - Oct 17 by DWQPR

Point is that on this occasion Stroud checked that the player didn’t have a head injury or that none of his limbs were at a strange angle.

For you and Steve C - what about the two highly publicised heart failures?

Plus if someone DOES have a serious head injury, they are hardly likely to be holding their head are they?

"So Mr Referee why DID you ignore that seriously injured/stricken player for so long"

"Well sir, I thought that nice Mr Willock was going to put in a promising cross there for a minute"

Not really much of a choice in most situations is there?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024