Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kitzbühel skiing 21:11 - Jan 2 with 3389 viewsKerryE

Assuming I didn't catch covid in Brum today, going to Kitzbühel on Saturday. Haven't been skiing for 13 years, and never been to
Kitzbühel.

So can any of you good folks recommend a ski school , and anything else?
Kitzbühel skiing on 21:31 - Jan 2 with 3318 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I know the area well, Kerry, but not the town itself, sorry.

I've only spent one day in the town - I think I may have been injured or something - but the town was beautiful and a bit posh! Beautiful old stone Alpine architecture, fancy shops and posh restaurants.

The skiing is excellent, it's linked to a couple of towns to the South (I didn't head that way) Kirchberg to the West (nice skiing on that link) and through Kirchberg, West again to the massive and superb SkiWelt area.

If I think of anything else, I'll post.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Kitzbühel skiing on 21:37 - Jan 2 with 3302 viewsWirralHoop

Went there but on a walking holiday, so cannot help but one day basically walked up the Mens Downhill Course, absolutely crazy idea, so steep we spent the day zig zagging.
Kitzbühel skiing on 21:39 - Jan 2 with 3296 viewsDWQPR

Kitzbühel Skiing? Is he a wing back?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Kitzbühel skiing on 21:52 - Jan 2 with 3263 viewshantssi

Check that ALL your paperwork is correct, they were turning people away at the border the other day.
Got 2 skiing holidays booked for February and March, like you hoping we’ll be allowed to go this year.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 21:53]
Kitzbühel skiing on 12:46 - Jan 3 with 3023 viewsPinnerPaul

Kitzbühel skiing on 21:52 - Jan 2 by hantssi

Check that ALL your paperwork is correct, they were turning people away at the border the other day.
Got 2 skiing holidays booked for February and March, like you hoping we’ll be allowed to go this year.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 21:53]

Good tip on Ski Sunday was to check the government web site OF THE COUNTRY YOU'RE VISITING, as changes to travel restrictions are posted on there first before being picked up by other countries government websites, including our own, obviously.
Kitzbühel skiing on 16:38 - Jan 3 with 2929 viewshantssi

Kitzbühel skiing on 12:46 - Jan 3 by PinnerPaul

Good tip on Ski Sunday was to check the government web site OF THE COUNTRY YOU'RE VISITING, as changes to travel restrictions are posted on there first before being picked up by other countries government websites, including our own, obviously.

Except of course the Austrian one hadn’t been updated so people travelled with what they believed were the correct documents!
But yes Paul, you are right.
The other good bit of advice they gave was to book through a travel agent, unfortunately we’ve booked all ours independently!!
Kitzbühel skiing on 16:40 - Jan 3 with 2925 viewsPinnerPaul

Kitzbühel skiing on 16:38 - Jan 3 by hantssi

Except of course the Austrian one hadn’t been updated so people travelled with what they believed were the correct documents!
But yes Paul, you are right.
The other good bit of advice they gave was to book through a travel agent, unfortunately we’ve booked all ours independently!!

Well although you're being kind to me (well the BBC really), not a great piece of advice if countries don't keep the relevant sites up to date!
Kitzbühel skiing on 17:23 - Jan 3 with 2874 viewsMick_S

I’d say that skiing is the finest sport I’ve ever had a go at ( Mr Shields, P.P?) I was so lucky to be able to have three school holidays ; two in Italy and one in Bulgaria. I’ve never done anything like it, sport wise - so good to be young and lacking fear. I think it may be the first time that I was knocked out by the environment and views when normally stuff like that, at that age, just went over my head.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Kitzbühel skiing on 19:26 - Jan 3 with 2781 viewshantssi

Kitzbühel skiing on 17:23 - Jan 3 by Mick_S

I’d say that skiing is the finest sport I’ve ever had a go at ( Mr Shields, P.P?) I was so lucky to be able to have three school holidays ; two in Italy and one in Bulgaria. I’ve never done anything like it, sport wise - so good to be young and lacking fear. I think it may be the first time that I was knocked out by the environment and views when normally stuff like that, at that age, just went over my head.

I’d agree with that Mick, the most fun you can have with your clothes on!
I didn’t take it up until my mid 40’s, so I’m only ever going to be competent, my daughter on the other hand is a BASI Level 2 qualified ski instructor!
Kitzbühel skiing on 19:37 - Jan 3 with 2770 viewsMick_S

Kitzbühel skiing on 19:26 - Jan 3 by hantssi

I’d agree with that Mick, the most fun you can have with your clothes on!
I didn’t take it up until my mid 40’s, so I’m only ever going to be competent, my daughter on the other hand is a BASI Level 2 qualified ski instructor!

That’s not bad!! Bend ze knees. Mate, I’d love to these days.

Kitzbühel skiing on 19:53 - Jan 3 with 2761 viewshantssi

Kitzbühel skiing on 19:37 - Jan 3 by Mick_S

That’s not bad!! Bend ze knees. Mate, I’d love to these days.

Or, if you watch South Park, pizza or French fries (my daughter actually uses that when she teaches!).

[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 19:58]
Kitzbühel skiing on 03:36 - Jan 4 with 2613 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hi pal. I’m not a skier but ended up living just outside Kitz for 3 months at the back end of 2020.

Very simple place but this is a must. Great Aussie guy who runs/owns it https://simplefood.at/

Loads of great traditional Austrian restaurants in the centre. The Huberbrau Stuberl (spelling might be a bit wrong) is bang in the middle of town and very reasonable but all the restaurants with a decent rating are good. It’s a great cuisine.

The English-speaking girl in the bakery in Reith Bei Kitzbuhel has cracking tits also.

PM me and I’ll have a think about anything else.
Kitzbühel skiing on 05:20 - Jan 4 with 2591 viewsKerryE

Kitzbühel skiing on 03:36 - Jan 4 by Watford_Ranger

Hi pal. I’m not a skier but ended up living just outside Kitz for 3 months at the back end of 2020.

Very simple place but this is a must. Great Aussie guy who runs/owns it https://simplefood.at/

Loads of great traditional Austrian restaurants in the centre. The Huberbrau Stuberl (spelling might be a bit wrong) is bang in the middle of town and very reasonable but all the restaurants with a decent rating are good. It’s a great cuisine.

The English-speaking girl in the bakery in Reith Bei Kitzbuhel has cracking tits also.

PM me and I’ll have a think about anything else.

Thanks for that. Simple food looks good. Not sure if I will be able to keep a straight face in the bakery!

Looks like ski schools are a bit iffy at the moment, we have had to arrange private lessons. Spoke to the guy there, it sounded like they are in proper covid meltdown!
Kitzbühel skiing on 10:02 - Jan 4 with 2461 viewsPaddyhoops

Who knew we had so many skiers on our forum .
I thought I was on a Fulham forum for a minute.
Only joking. Enjoy your skiing fellas!!
Kitzbühel skiing on 10:41 - Jan 4 with 2419 viewsPinnerPaul

Kitzbühel skiing on 17:23 - Jan 3 by Mick_S

Mr Shields - that's testing my memory - maths teacher? - never tried skiing myself.
Kitzbühel skiing on 11:24 - Jan 4 with 2366 viewsMick_S

Kitzbühel skiing on 10:41 - Jan 4 by PinnerPaul

Mr Shields - that's testing my memory - maths teacher? - never tried skiing myself.

That’s him, used to run the ski trips.

Kitzbühel skiing on 13:41 - Jan 4 with 2310 viewsPinnerPaul

Kitzbühel skiing on 11:24 - Jan 4 by Mick_S

That’s him, used to run the ski trips.

Cheers - yes I do remember him now!
Kitzbühel skiing on 11:40 - Jan 5 with 2187 viewssevenhoop

starngely enough, the most famous mountain (Hahnenkamm) is not a great ski. it tends to be very icy and the downhlll is stupidly steep.

Would recommend, on the one side, Kirchberg, and on the other side and at the end of the valley, the highest skiing area, Pass Thurn, which usually has teh best snow.

And do not under any circumstances miss half a day on the Kitzbuheler Horn, which is a mountain all on its own with fabulous runds, inclduing one of my favourites across the Alps, red run number 4 down to Raintal. Slow lift back up from that run but my god it's worth it
Kitzbühel skiing on 12:58 - Jan 6 with 2048 viewshoopsa

Agree with Sevenhoop - for the best snow, good runs, great off piste - go out of the town. I worked out there for a season in the mid 90s and it was ace. We headed to Jochberg and Pass Thurn most of the time. You get the bus out to Jochberg and go up the mountain, then take the runs across and down to Pass Thurn. You get the bus back to Kitz from Pass Thurn. Lots of variety all over the ski area and good nightlife - so I'm sure you will have a great time!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024