Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Lawrence 08:29 - Jan 21 with 14493 viewsdubaistu

Just to see Clive's face... please!
https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-bournemouth-and-qpr-plot-moves-to-sig
Tom Lawrence on 08:52 - Jan 21 with 6242 viewsBAWHoops

Let's put aside for a minute that it's likely bollocks..... But this just isn't the type of signing we make

We rarely sign players in the 26-30 age bracket (Lawrence is 28) as they don't fit our model at all.
In fact if you look at all the permanent signings Warbs has made and their ages in his 3 seasons here only Barbet, De Wijs, Carroll, Moses and Archer fall in that bracket. Everyone else is either under 26 or over 30. We simply don't sign players when they are at their supposed peak as they cost to much, want to much money and tend to have little sell on value

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Tom Lawrence on 08:52 - Jan 21 with 6242 viewsdmm

Dave Mc thinks Lawrence is Warburton's top target: https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-to-sign-derby-star-lawrence

I must say I'm a tad surprised at that. I suppose he must be good but I've never been that impressed.
Tom Lawrence on 08:52 - Jan 21 with 6238 viewsPhildo

WLS reporting it now as well

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-to-sign-derby-star-lawrence?utm_cam
Tom Lawrence on 08:53 - Jan 21 with 6230 viewsdmm

Tom Lawrence on 08:52 - Jan 21 by Phildo

WLS reporting it now as well

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-want-to-sign-derby-star-lawrence?utm_cam

Beat you by a short head
Tom Lawrence on 08:56 - Jan 21 with 6195 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Lawrence has been superb for Derby all season.
I think he is talented and could make it in the Premier League.

Hopefully he has grown up a lot.
Tom Lawrence on 09:03 - Jan 21 with 6117 viewsDixie_CT

Tom Lawrence on 08:52 - Jan 21 by BAWHoops

Let's put aside for a minute that it's likely bollocks..... But this just isn't the type of signing we make

We rarely sign players in the 26-30 age bracket (Lawrence is 28) as they don't fit our model at all.
In fact if you look at all the permanent signings Warbs has made and their ages in his 3 seasons here only Barbet, De Wijs, Carroll, Moses and Archer fall in that bracket. Everyone else is either under 26 or over 30. We simply don't sign players when they are at their supposed peak as they cost to much, want to much money and tend to have little sell on value

Austin and Johansen also fit into that age bracket.

Can’t particularly see this one as he must be on £30k - £40k and feels like agent talk to force through the most lucrative move possible to someone like a Bournemouth or West Brom.
Tom Lawrence on 09:05 - Jan 21 with 6093 viewsdubaistu

Tom Lawrence on 08:52 - Jan 21 by BAWHoops

Austin, Johanson, Albert, Wallace... but I get your point, we have one of the oldest squads in the league which is probably reflective of the average size of our squad compared to others.

I doubt we'd get him, but seeing Clive give birth on Loftus Road would be worth the transfer fee.

Wouldn't mind Festy from them lot though
[Post edited 21 Jan 2022 9:13]
Tom Lawrence on 09:11 - Jan 21 with 6035 viewsDWQPR

Tom Lawrence on 09:05 - Jan 21 by dubaistu

Austin, Johanson, Albert, Wallace... but I get your point, we have one of the oldest squads in the league which is probably reflective of the average size of our squad compared to others.

I doubt we'd get him, but seeing Clive give birth on Loftus Road would be worth the transfer fee.

Can we do a bit of crowdfunding to get this over the line. We did it with Cureton

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Lawrence on 09:14 - Jan 21 with 6011 viewsQPRSteve

I'm with Clive, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.
Tom Lawrence on 09:25 - Jan 21 with 5931 viewsNorthernr

Well that would be an awkward signing piece to write.

He's on north of £30k a week at Derby so that'll take some overcoming.
Tom Lawrence on 09:37 - Jan 21 with 5847 viewsdannyblue

I get the impression we always try to find value in the market. Value can come from developing and reselling. But it can also come from getting use of a ready made player at less than the market rate. So looking at buying a top championship player from a distressed seller does fit with our MO IMHO HOHOHO.
Tom Lawrence on 09:38 - Jan 21 with 5831 viewsBAWHoops

Tom Lawrence on 09:05 - Jan 21 by dubaistu

All over 30 when signed and all picked up for a minimal fee and given a smaller contract than they were on as they wind down their careers.
The team has lots of old players and lots of youngsters with potential.
V few like Lawrence

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Tom Lawrence on 09:42 - Jan 21 with 5803 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Tom Lawrence on 09:25 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Maybe a promotion bonus or something?

I’ve never really rated him much but he’s looked great this season and we do like a maverick don’t we!

I’d have thought it unlikely he’ll sign for us but I did get the impression that Warburton rated him when we played at theirs.

“As good as you’ll see at this level” I think were his words.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Tom Lawrence on 09:51 - Jan 21 with 5712 viewsenfieldargh

rather we try for the Festy fella & maybe Buchanan

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Tom Lawrence on 09:53 - Jan 21 with 5691 viewstoboboly

Tom Lawrence on 09:25 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Needs it for those driving fines

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tom Lawrence on 10:00 - Jan 21 with 5608 viewsPBLOCK

Take the driving incident out of it for a second and Lawrence is a decent player at this level.

As Clive has said though if you believe the media reports he’s on something like £37k a week so that is obviously a massive stumbling block for us so their would have to be some creative work done in order to do a deal.
Tom Lawrence on 10:01 - Jan 21 with 5587 viewsdubaistu

Tom Lawrence on 10:00 - Jan 21 by PBLOCK

Take the driving incident out of it for a second and Lawrence is a decent player at this level.

As Clive has said though if you believe the media reports he’s on something like £37k a week so that is obviously a massive stumbling block for us so their would have to be some creative work done in order to do a deal.

Isn't Austin on £40k pw? Appreciate there no transfer fee involved there.

IWIT.
Tom Lawrence on 10:05 - Jan 21 with 5525 viewsPBLOCK

Tom Lawrence on 10:01 - Jan 21 by dubaistu

IWIT.

I’d be gob smacked if he was on that

Reckon he’s probably on half of that with incentives on top

Rangers aren’t chucking money at players these days which is good
Tom Lawrence on 10:20 - Jan 21 with 5392 viewsslmrstid

Lee Hoos has alluded to it but I think, outside the top flight, Covid has put a huge depressing influence on player salaries. Contracts being awarded pre-Covid are unlikely to be being awarded post-Covid (unless a club/owner somewhere is going really stupid).

So if players want to continue their careers, they're going to have to be accepting lower salaries as there won't be a lot of choice.

Contracts with performance based incentives, as we seem to be doing from what has been said before, is definitely the way to go.
Tom Lawrence on 10:22 - Jan 21 with 5357 viewsdaveB

Tom Lawrence on 10:01 - Jan 21 by dubaistu

IWIT.

He's no nowhere near that at QPR
Tom Lawrence on 10:26 - Jan 21 with 5329 viewsLazyFan

I think I read it was £28K a week for Tommy, way over our rumoured max of £10K a week and only players like JoJo are on that.

Unless Derby is going to pay off his contract for the difference of £18K per week, leaving us at the £10K per week for the rest.

If this is true, then I can only assume and guess that we are going for it.

zzzzzzzzzz

Tom Lawrence on 10:33 - Jan 21 with 5262 viewsDieByYourSide

Might be prudent for Bournemouth to buy him just so we can't have him.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Tom Lawrence on 10:33 - Jan 21 with 5256 viewsstowmarketrange

Tom Lawrence on 10:20 - Jan 21 by slmrstid

Lee Hoos has alluded to it but I think, outside the top flight, Covid has put a huge depressing influence on player salaries. Contracts being awarded pre-Covid are unlikely to be being awarded post-Covid (unless a club/owner somewhere is going really stupid).

So if players want to continue their careers, they're going to have to be accepting lower salaries as there won't be a lot of choice.

Contracts with performance based incentives, as we seem to be doing from what has been said before, is definitely the way to go.

I think there will always be someone willing to pay silly money when they’re desperate enough.
Tom Lawrence on 10:34 - Jan 21 with 5232 viewsdaveB

I wouldn't be surprised if a struggling premier league team came in for him, can't see him coming here
Tom Lawrence on 10:41 - Jan 21 with 5159 viewsPhildo

He is out of contract in the summer so admins have a choice of a little cash now for him. Suspect he will go elsewhere though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024