Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers, book, everything…. 02:00 - May 4 with 2931 viewsSonofNorfolt

I finished writing‘Guilty by association’ in December with a sense of optimism in the Rangers bits.
What an idiot? 58 years old today and I really should know better. I advise fellow supporters to slap themselves around the face but for once I didn’t take my own advice.
My new book is good, in my mind, just like our team, timing seemed perfect to coincide with our success, but no. My appearance at the Hay on Wye literary festival is as likely as a Rangers cup run.
Sorry for comparing my life disappointment with another of all our lives let down but this is how I feel right now. My book may be a slow burner but for someone who is usually optimistic, Queens Park Rangers FC have given me/us little to be positive about after promising so much.
To many of us your club can go hand in glove with your life.
We have fallen off a cliff it seems, and if I sound like a w anker you are probably right, because I would slap me around the face.
Having spoken to this site’s brilliant editor on Friday I think he feels the same.
Rangers, book, everything…. on 05:35 - May 4 with 2814 viewslightwaterhoop

Happy Birthday Mel, we all know how you feel.
Rangers, book, everything…. on 06:12 - May 4 with 2758 viewsSharpy36

Happy birthday mate.

But a least we have Maidstone v Wealdstone back.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Rangers, book, everything…. on 10:23 - May 4 with 2552 viewsSnipper

Happy Birthday Mel. It’s the hope that kills you.
Rangers, book, everything…. on 10:32 - May 4 with 2539 viewsted_hendrix

First things first happy birthday Mel.

To quote Tony Soprano "whadda ya gonna do"

I went to visit me brother on Sunday (he's 82) he's also the daft sod that took me to me first game at LR back in 1958, he was waffling on about him and his mate walking to LR as kids from Highlever Road and paying threepence to get in, it was great to see him but at the same time somewhat sad.

"whadda ya gonna do"

QPR, a club that belongs to the community (us) a club that for as long as I can remember has given me the most massive 'highs' and virtually the most enormous 'let downs' and not in equal measures and If anyone thinks that will ever change It wont.
You can walk away from It anytime you like but but you'll never leave them because they wont let you, they'll always be there on a Saturday afternoon or Wednesday evening annoying you in the back of your mind as you attempt to Ignore them and pretend you dont care.

I could arrive home from a game go in the house not say a word and within a couple of minutes the Mrs would say 'you've lost haven't you'? losing affects the whole bloody house, not quite sure how she put up with me.

QPR; Well we'll just carry on 'frittering away the hours in an offhand way' for the next 73 decades, we'll have good times and bad times, we'll have weeks where we'll think Feck me we're good followed by weeks where we'll think feck me we're crap, followed by weeks where we'll think 'hang on I've been here before' and right out of the blue my Mrs will say to me 'you've lost haven't you'?.

"whadda ya gonna do"

Shepherd's Bush--Portobello Road--White City Estate--Uxbridge Road--Loftus Road--the Springbok pub....................

QPR.

Its never gonna go away, It'll always be there in the back of your mind...........

"whadda ya gonna do"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rangers, book, everything…. on 11:18 - May 4 with 2461 viewsPhildo

Happy birthday- I remember you mentioned when you were on the pod someone telling you we had a first class management and coaching set up and it really cheered me at the time - all dust now so know how you feel.
Rangers, book, everything…. on 11:46 - May 4 with 2387 viewsWatfordR

Rangers, book, everything…. on 10:32 - May 4 by ted_hendrix

I went to visit me brother on Sunday (he's 82) he's also the daft sod that took me to me first game at LR back in 1958, he was waffling on about him and his mate walking to LR as kids from Highlever Road and paying threepence to get in, it was great to see him but at the same time somewhat sad.

"whadda ya gonna do"

QPR, a club that belongs to the community (us) a club that for as long as I can remember has given me the most massive 'highs' and virtually the most enormous 'let downs' and not in equal measures and If anyone thinks that will ever change It wont.
You can walk away from It anytime you like but but you'll never leave them because they wont let you, they'll always be there on a Saturday afternoon or Wednesday evening annoying you in the back of your mind as you attempt to Ignore them and pretend you dont care.

I could arrive home from a game go in the house not say a word and within a couple of minutes the Mrs would say 'you've lost haven't you'? losing affects the whole bloody house, not quite sure how she put up with me.

QPR; Well we'll just carry on 'frittering away the hours in an offhand way' for the next 73 decades, we'll have good times and bad times, we'll have weeks where we'll think Feck me we're good followed by weeks where we'll think feck me we're crap, followed by weeks where we'll think 'hang on I've been here before' and right out of the blue my Mrs will say to me 'you've lost haven't you'?.

"whadda ya gonna do"

Shepherd's Bush--Portobello Road--White City Estate--Uxbridge Road--Loftus Road--the Springbok pub....................

QPR.

Its never gonna go away, It'll always be there in the back of your mind...........

"whadda ya gonna do"

Think I’m going to get this post printed, framed and attached to the ceiling just above my bed.
Rangers, book, everything…. on 12:04 - May 4 with 2366 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Happy Birthday Mel

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Rangers, book, everything…. on 12:16 - May 4 with 2339 viewsBklynRanger

Happy Birthday big lad.

Hendrix sums it up of course.

The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new.

(Supposed to be sunny tomorrow anyway...)
Login to get fewer ads

Rangers, book, everything…. on 12:23 - May 4 with 2323 viewsMoonshineSteve

Cheer up you miserable old sod.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Rangers, book, everything…. on 12:51 - May 4 with 2268 viewsbosh67

Happy birthday.

Sometimes I think that the club going to the wall and re-emerging from the ashes as a park AFC feels quite appealing. Jumpers for goalposts. Dog sh*t on the pitch. Goalkeeper wearing spectacles. Odd socks. Different blue and white hooped tops. Some players wearing the wrong colour shorts. Some wearing jeans. Bovril. Sandwiches in silver foil. Hung over players. Money in a bucket (again) It all feels quite compelling really.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rangers, book, everything…. on 16:52 - May 4 with 2084 viewsqpr_1968

Rangers, book, everything…. on 10:32 - May 4 by ted_hendrix

"whadda ya gonna do"

"whadda ya gonna do"

QPR.

"whadda ya gonna do"

1958, the year i was born, and 10 years before my first game.
your post ted should be page one of the qpr bible, because it is timeless and relates to every qpr fan, well it does me anyway, especially the areas you put up.....spot on.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Rangers, book, everything…. on 18:45 - May 4 with 1988 viewsHooping_Mad

Happy Birthday, always enjoy your podcast appearances.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Rangers, book, everything…. on 18:51 - May 4 with 1975 viewsenfieldargh

Happy birthday Mel am on chapter one and so far enjoying your second tome, unfortunately my son got me Dom Balls book and says he wants it back week after next for when he goes awol

My mrs always sees my face and says

Why don’t you support a proper team like Arsenal the only other football team she knows the name of

Grounds for divorce innit

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Rangers, book, everything…. on 19:03 - May 4 with 1960 viewswestberksr

Happy birthday Mel

when ever my sanity is questioned over my poor choice in football club (thanks Dad; 1st game 75 years ago and even recently when home from hospital could only complain he'd missed the first half of a televised match) I simply reply...

supporting QPR is a great leveller for life. We think things are going well but in the back of our mind we know it won't last; and then it goes tiits up. We don't get to have nice things for long..... but this is as true a representation of what life can do to you at any given minute. Enjoy the good days, never take them for granted, for as sure as Chelshiit are scum, we'll have more bad days than good.

it's preparation for life and makes us stronger even if we don't realise at the time

don't choke on that birthday cake mate! Have a good un
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024