Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager v Head Coach 15:40 - Jun 18 with 6311 viewsdmm

In thinking about what the differences might be between having a head coach and a manager might make, I found this article interesting : https://coachingxtra.com/what-is-the-difference-between-a-manager-and-head-coach

With the signing of JCS I think we've already seen Beale will have a big say in transfers. But what areas will Beale not have much of a say in? And how much might that increase Ferdinand's influence?

And, as has been mentioned elsewhere, will there be any effect on Chris Ramsey's role as technical director of football?

The article suggests having a head coach gives more player power than having a manager. Why that would be the case?

It would be fascinating to see a club organisational organogram.
Manager v Head Coach on 09:34 - Jun 27 with 1905 viewskernowhoop

Manager v Head Coach on 15:22 - Jun 25 by Logman

Really enjoyed watching that. The young players look like they are progressing well and its great to see Shodipo running with the ball. Re the lack of running round the pitch, star jumps and dribbling in and out of cones, I agree. On the other hand there are some stomachs within the management team that wouldn't look out of place in a Sunday morning League team and Damian Matthew has the look of a coach who can throw tea cups.

I share those thoughts about the coaches' stomachs Logman, except that they would not have got into the Sunday league team that I played in! And even MB seems a little tubby by the way. I suppose that a tubby coach can be just as good as trim one, but it is not a good look and I wonder what players think if they are asked to tone up or lose weight?
Manager v Head Coach on 14:54 - Jun 27 with 1728 viewsPinnerPaul

Manager v Head Coach on 14:00 - Jun 25 by CliveWilsonSaid

Willock is still injured I think. Beale said in a previous interview that the international players won’t be starting training until later on so that explains Chair and Dykes.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 14:35]

Willock and Dickie were both in the first video.
Manager v Head Coach on 15:03 - Jun 27 with 1701 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Manager v Head Coach on 14:54 - Jun 27 by PinnerPaul

Willock and Dickie were both in the first video.

They were. Willock on the treatment table I think.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 15:03]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Manager v Head Coach on 17:09 - Jun 27 with 1492 viewsLazyFan

I think MB says that by being side-on with either shoulder facing the goal you can avoid all the passing sideways football.

Hopefully, this means it will be a lot more give-and-go, which makes sense as our team can do that. I notice all the coaches were there working as a team.

Shodipo looks skilful in that video, must be the last year of his contract ;P

Who was the young un in there that we have not seen before? Whoever they are they have been granted the chance to train with the first team so, that must be good for them.

zzzzzzzzzz

Manager v Head Coach on 17:20 - Jun 27 with 1472 viewsdmm

There are a number of 23s in the training videos: Sinclair Armstrong, Aaron Drewe, Arkell Jude Boyd, Joe Gubbins, Joseph Ajose, Murphy Mahony. Strangely no Stephen Duke-McKenna who I'd have expected to see.
Manager v Head Coach on 18:22 - Jun 27 with 1388 viewsDannyPaddox

Pretty sure I caught sight of Rafferty Pedder. Will be interesting to see how his game comes on under Beale. Jake Clarke-Salter looked like he had a good touch. But before those observations I have to admit my very first thought was, Who's that gut lord marching? You should cut down on your pork life mate.
Manager v Head Coach on 18:24 - Jun 27 with 1384 viewsLazyFan

Manager v Head Coach on 17:20 - Jun 27 by dmm

There are a number of 23s in the training videos: Sinclair Armstrong, Aaron Drewe, Arkell Jude Boyd, Joe Gubbins, Joseph Ajose, Murphy Mahony. Strangely no Stephen Duke-McKenna who I'd have expected to see.

Oh yes, you are correct, good. More yoof for me, please.

zzzzzzzzzz

Manager v Head Coach on 21:09 - Jun 27 with 1253 viewsWelsh_Ranger

What do we know about Rafferty Pedder? He's the ex spurs lad who plays as an AM/10? Is he another due a L2 loan?

I've heard that Ajose is quite a promising prospect(i think)

Did anyone see Bettache?
Login to get fewer ads

Manager v Head Coach on 21:18 - Jun 27 with 1240 viewsdmm

Manager v Head Coach on 21:09 - Jun 27 by Welsh_Ranger

What do we know about Rafferty Pedder? He's the ex spurs lad who plays as an AM/10? Is he another due a L2 loan?

I've heard that Ajose is quite a promising prospect(i think)

Did anyone see Bettache?

I know little more than you about Pedder, but yes he is ex-Spurs and an ACM.

Bettache is in the second training video, and gets complimented by one of the coaches for a goal he scores in a mini game.
Manager v Head Coach on 08:27 - Jun 28 with 1085 viewsRBlock

Duke-McKenna has been away with Guyana, so still on holiday.
Manager v Head Coach on 08:58 - Jun 28 with 1033 viewshubble

Manager v Coach - simply explained

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Manager v Head Coach on 09:01 - Jun 28 with 1023 viewsHunterhoop

Manager v Head Coach on 12:36 - Jun 19 by DannytheR

Thing is, there's nothing to suggest Warburton ever did get sidelined over transfers. The impetus for our best transfers always seemed to come from elsewhere (Willock and Field come to mind). Even so, we never heard of him wanting players and getting knocked back OR players getting foisted on him that he didn't want.

I'd understand it if it Warburton had been crying out for a striker in January and been told no, but it seems to have been the total opposite. Not digging out your post but I'd have thought the lesson of the last half of the season was very clearly anything BUT 'let's leave transfers up to the manager.'

It was quite the opposite. Warburton was backed on signings against Les and Hoos’ gut instinct on the signings of Wallace, Johansen and Gray, in particular. Willock, Dickie and Field were Belk’s. Part of the reason they parted ways because they felt Warburton was backed above and beyond, in conflict with the club ethos and financial constraints, and he didn’t meet his agreed objectives of top 6.
Manager v Head Coach on 09:23 - Jun 28 with 977 viewsTheChef

Manager v Head Coach on 09:01 - Jun 28 by Hunterhoop

It was quite the opposite. Warburton was backed on signings against Les and Hoos’ gut instinct on the signings of Wallace, Johansen and Gray, in particular. Willock, Dickie and Field were Belk’s. Part of the reason they parted ways because they felt Warburton was backed above and beyond, in conflict with the club ethos and financial constraints, and he didn’t meet his agreed objectives of top 6.

Er yeah, this.

Have people still not understood the reasons for Warburton not getting a contract renewal?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Manager v Head Coach on 11:44 - Jun 28 with 838 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Manager v Head Coach on 21:18 - Jun 27 by dmm

I know little more than you about Pedder, but yes he is ex-Spurs and an ACM.

Bettache is in the second training video, and gets complimented by one of the coaches for a goal he scores in a mini game.

Do we have a file on Pedder?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024