Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunne 17:14 - Jul 30 with 7995 viewsRuislipHoop

Don’t think Clarke Salter is better than Dunne,it looks like we’ve got Joel Lynch back.
Dunne on 17:21 - Jul 30 with 5651 viewsLblock

I wouldn’t go that far

I do agree though that our best defender is on the bench

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dunne on 17:42 - Jul 30 with 5526 viewsQPROslo

Thought Salter did ok today, but not as well as Barbet usually played. He seems more a replacement of Barbet than Dunne to me.
Dunne on 18:01 - Jul 30 with 5436 viewsdavman

Dunne IS our best defender, but is the worst of the three with the ball at his feet. Still, look on the brightside, he'll be back in the team for Blackpool (h) when Beale feels the need to change it up after three straight defeats...

I have no problems with him on the bench, just like I'd have no problem if a Prem team bids £10m for Dickie - we could do with the budget to buy 2 or 3 more in...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dunne on 18:01 - Jul 30 with 5441 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Judged from today's performance, Barbet is better than Clarke Salter and Odubajo is better than Paal. Richards is very ordinary.
Dunne on 18:05 - Jul 30 with 5407 viewskensalriser

Dunne on 18:01 - Jul 30 by davman

Dunne IS our best defender, but is the worst of the three with the ball at his feet. Still, look on the brightside, he'll be back in the team for Blackpool (h) when Beale feels the need to change it up after three straight defeats...

I have no problems with him on the bench, just like I'd have no problem if a Prem team bids £10m for Dickie - we could do with the budget to buy 2 or 3 more in...

No prem team is going to bid 10m for Dickie.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dunne on 18:06 - Jul 30 with 5402 viewstraininvain

Dunne on 18:01 - Jul 30 by QPR_Pro_Max

Judged from today's performance, Barbet is better than Clarke Salter and Odubajo is better than Paal. Richards is very ordinary.

Richards is half fit and played 13 mins of todays game. Come on let’s at least give them a proper chance before writing the new signings off.
Dunne on 18:07 - Jul 30 with 5389 viewsbaz_qpr

Don’t agree with any of that, I thought Clark-Salter was excellent, solid can play out from the back positionally good. A strange thing to pick on today. From everything I’ve seen a more than adequate replacement for Barbet who was never great in a four anyway

As for Jimmy, he played all his best games for us as the centre of the three. When he played on the left replacing Barbet he was not as comfortable. I’m sure he will do great when called upon again
Dunne on 18:14 - Jul 30 with 5333 viewsdavman

Dunne on 18:05 - Jul 30 by kensalriser

No prem team is going to bid 10m for Dickie.

I know, we can hope though, can't we? I'd take £5-6m to be fair - we must need cash UNLESS the league has arranged generous COVID allowances to stick into the P&S calcs...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Dunne on 18:15 - Jul 30 with 5328 viewskensalriser

Dunne on 18:14 - Jul 30 by davman

I know, we can hope though, can't we? I'd take £5-6m to be fair - we must need cash UNLESS the league has arranged generous COVID allowances to stick into the P&S calcs...

He's not PL quality, simple as that.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dunne on 20:00 - Jul 30 with 5044 viewsDamo1962

Dunne on 18:15 - Jul 30 by kensalriser

He's not PL quality, simple as that.

Willock is the only player who might be Prem quality. A lot of the rest are barely Championship quality - and therein lies our problem unfortunately. Recruitment and young players progressing from the yoof, has been poor for a long time. No signs it's getting any better either. The Caveat of course, is that we have an alarming habit of making decent players look crap.
Dunne on 23:13 - Jul 30 with 4787 viewsbrad

our best defender left on the bench.......not looking good if we can do that....
Dunne on 23:31 - Jul 30 with 4750 viewsMancR

Dunne on 18:07 - Jul 30 by baz_qpr

Don’t agree with any of that, I thought Clark-Salter was excellent, solid can play out from the back positionally good. A strange thing to pick on today. From everything I’ve seen a more than adequate replacement for Barbet who was never great in a four anyway

As for Jimmy, he played all his best games for us as the centre of the three. When he played on the left replacing Barbet he was not as comfortable. I’m sure he will do great when called upon again

Agree 100% thought he was pretty decent and anyone who wants to criticise Salter- Clarke on that display needs to get to an optician. Thought we defended pretty well as a team today and our problems were much further forward. As for the the arseholes that we’re c- bombing Dykes, I hope it was just the booze and coke talking.
Dunne on 00:48 - Jul 31 with 4626 viewsconnell10

Dunne on 18:01 - Jul 30 by QPR_Pro_Max

Odubajo better than Paal??? God Paal must have had a stinker for you to think that , Odubajo was awful imo.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dunne on 09:42 - Jul 31 with 4382 viewsRangersw12

Anyone who thinks Dunne is our best defender didn't watch a lot of the last 20 games last season
Dunne on 09:48 - Jul 31 with 4353 viewsenfieldargh

JCS, Dickie plus one other just dawdled out of defence when the ball got to Travis for his goal, nobody charged out to stop him taking his shot.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Dunne on 09:50 - Jul 31 with 4346 viewsdmm

There is a lot to like about Dunne and his no-nonsense approach to defending will always make him a fan's favourite. However, he's by no means flawless and both Dickie and Clarke-Salter are better ball players which is why Beale picks them.
Dunne on 10:02 - Jul 31 with 4306 viewsDixie_CT

There could be some value in exploring doing away with Johansen as CDM and playing JCS, Dunne, and Dickie, with Rob being allowed to drive out. The other two CBs would add more insurance than Johansen gives us.

We also have to remember injuries and suspensions will need see us needing variations of the two from the three throughout the season.
Dunne on 10:20 - Jul 31 with 4243 viewsBuckR

Dunne on 20:00 - Jul 30 by Damo1962

Willock is the only player who might be Prem quality. A lot of the rest are barely Championship quality - and therein lies our problem unfortunately. Recruitment and young players progressing from the yoof, has been poor for a long time. No signs it's getting any better either. The Caveat of course, is that we have an alarming habit of making decent players look crap.

Other than Eze who has actually left recently and gone on to better things or been a better player elsewhere?
Dunne on 11:40 - Jul 31 with 4131 viewsNorthernr

Crikey I came away thinking JCS had been one of our better players there.
Dunne on 11:45 - Jul 31 with 4110 viewsDixie_CT

Feels like there is a bit of a hangover from last season which is influencing judgement on bright new beginnings.

Me included with that as I thought Kakay looked weak on the TV but the feeling from those in attendance is he done OK. The miscontrol from that ball to him out wide and some poor defensive positioning took the gloss of his shot that hit the bar and a decent cross that Armstrong could have done better with.

JCS looks a solid addition.
Dunne on 12:00 - Jul 31 with 4081 viewsDannyPaddox

Crucified after one game. Maybe it’s the initials.
Dunne on 12:16 - Jul 31 with 4034 viewsgazza1

Dunne on 11:40 - Jul 31 by Northernr

Crikey I came away thinking JCS had been one of our better players there.

He was decent, no issues at all. The back 4 were not the issues. Kakay was better than Paal but give him a chance to adapt and I think he will be a very good addition to the squad. Dickie was ok as well.

Dunn struggled at the back end of last season but he was good overall.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 12:19]
Dunne on 12:21 - Jul 31 with 4024 viewswrinklyhoop

Dunne on 09:48 - Jul 31 by enfieldargh

JCS, Dickie plus one other just dawdled out of defence when the ball got to Travis for his goal, nobody charged out to stop him taking his shot.

Yep, was screaming at the TV for them to get out. Eze did the same to us in pre-season.
Dunne on 12:24 - Jul 31 with 4005 viewsgazza1

Dunne on 11:45 - Jul 31 by Dixie_CT

Feels like there is a bit of a hangover from last season which is influencing judgement on bright new beginnings.

Me included with that as I thought Kakay looked weak on the TV but the feeling from those in attendance is he done OK. The miscontrol from that ball to him out wide and some poor defensive positioning took the gloss of his shot that hit the bar and a decent cross that Armstrong could have done better with.

JCS looks a solid addition.

Kakay, over the 90 minutes was the better full back than Paal. He made mistakes and agree he mis-controlled a cross field ball but his first half performance was good overall. Great effort which hit the cross bar and was very attacking in the first half. Personally, I thought that Dozzell should not have got involved in the mix up for the corner where we conceded.Second half not as good but put in the best qpr cross of the match.
Dunne on 12:26 - Jul 31 with 4001 viewsgazza1

Dunne on 12:21 - Jul 31 by wrinklyhoop

Yep, was screaming at the TV for them to get out. Eze did the same to us in pre-season.

We may have been slow out to the ball for their goal but a brilliantg strike from the lad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024