Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday's Game ? 19:00 - Sep 8 with 27663 viewsconnell10

I presume all football games will be cancelled on Saturday.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Saturday's Game ? on 11:35 - Sep 9 with 2383 viewsBAWHoops

I'd imagine the policing aspect would have made it v v difficult

I'd imagine they'll keep Millwall and Stoke on though for now

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Saturday's Game ? on 11:40 - Sep 9 with 2292 viewshertshoops

So assuming the 'Wall midweek away and Stoke home postponed too, that makes the next game Bristol away - unless they reschedule and play them in the international break ?
Saturday's Game ? on 11:43 - Sep 9 with 2233 viewsDrewster

On the Offy now, tomorrow game is off
Saturday's Game ? on 11:44 - Sep 9 with 2188 viewsBklynRanger

Saturday's Game ? on 11:43 - Sep 9 by Drewster

On the Offy now, tomorrow game is off

Not meant disrespectfully but

ARSE!
Saturday's Game ? on 11:45 - Sep 9 with 2176 viewsdaveB

Saturday's Game ? on 11:40 - Sep 9 by hertshoops

So assuming the 'Wall midweek away and Stoke home postponed too, that makes the next game Bristol away - unless they reschedule and play them in the international break ?

Midweek games should be unaffected, Stoke will only be called off if it's the funeral that day
Saturday's Game ? on 11:46 - Sep 9 with 2138 viewsLoftgirl

Saturday's Game ? on 09:52 - Sep 9 by Terry49

When will people learn the difference between postponed and cancelled. Saturday games this week will be postponed NOT cancelled. Cancelled means they will not be rearranged but as we know they will be rearranged therefore they are postponed.

Hallelujah! Someone else knows the difference. 👍
Saturday's Game ? on 11:47 - Sep 9 with 2115 viewsDannytheR

Saturday's Game ? on 11:40 - Sep 9 by hertshoops

I'd assume next week's games (and Stoke) will be back on, personally. I think as Dave said, the clincher for tomorrow will have been OB. Expectation will be people piling down to London, heading for Buckingham Palace, and there needing to be a visible police presence just to stop it all getting a bit chaotic.
Saturday's Game ? on 11:50 - Sep 9 with 2056 viewsdannyblue

I'm a quiet republican, but the Queen seemed alright and I don't mind too much about the monarchy so long as they don't interfere in my life and I'm not treated like a subject.

Cancelling my saturday afternoon plans makes me feel like a subject.

My mum died. I was devastated. A few days later I watched us lose at home to Rochdale. Why wouldn't I? And why should someone else make that decision for me?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 12:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday's Game ? on 11:59 - Sep 9 with 1953 viewsSuperhoop83

Saturday's Game ? on 11:50 - Sep 9 by dannyblue

I'm a quiet republican, but the Queen seemed alright and I don't mind too much about the monarchy so long as they don't interfere in my life and I'm not treated like a subject.

My mum died. I was devastated. A few days later I watched us lose at home to Rochdale. Why wouldn't I? And why should someone else make that decision for me?

Agreed on every point.

Plus football fans could have paid their respects at this weekend's matches.

Suffering since 1978.

Saturday's Game ? on 12:02 - Sep 9 with 1902 viewsMaggsinho

I'm sad about the Queen and it's awakened some previously long gone memories and feelings about my own mum dying but this is absolutely the wrong decision.

Thousands of people would have come together, pay their respects, hold a minutes silence and now everyone will be just be at home/in the garden/at the shops/down the pub doing their own thing.
Saturday's Game ? on 12:02 - Sep 9 with 1898 viewsgobbles

Empty gesture by a pair of soulless organisations that love an empty gesture.
Saturday's Game ? on 12:05 - Sep 9 with 1844 viewsWokingR

As usual the FA get it wrong and despite being so desparate to be seen to do the right thing, completely misread public opinion.
The vast majority of football fans are not going to queue up to file pass a coffin to pay their respects but, the opportunity for all of us to have engaged in a minutes silence, applause or sung the national anthem is now denied us.
Saturday's Game ? on 12:08 - Sep 9 with 1823 viewsE17hoop

Saturday's Game ? on 11:47 - Sep 9 by DannytheR

I'd assume next week's games (and Stoke) will be back on, personally. I think as Dave said, the clincher for tomorrow will have been OB. Expectation will be people piling down to London, heading for Buckingham Palace, and there needing to be a visible police presence just to stop it all getting a bit chaotic.

If the funeral is next Saturday, there won't be enough police in London to manage football and the public events.

Expect Stoke to be postponed too.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Saturday's Game ? on 12:09 - Sep 9 with 1817 viewsbosh67

Saturday's Game ? on 11:59 - Sep 9 by Superhoop83

Agreed on every point.

Plus football fans could have paid their respects at this weekend's matches.

Totally agree. This is not what Elizabeth was about. She was a show must go on person and I think would have been 100 percent against this kind of mass cancellation. We could have all publicly shown our respects at public events this weekend.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Saturday's Game ? on 12:13 - Sep 9 with 1758 viewsDannytheR

Saturday's Game ? on 12:08 - Sep 9 by E17hoop

If the funeral is next Saturday, there won't be enough police in London to manage football and the public events.

Expect Stoke to be postponed too.

I think Monday 19th is meant to be the more likely date.
Saturday's Game ? on 12:14 - Sep 9 with 1736 viewshamptonhillhoop

I think it's the wrong decision. People's lives go on, shops, cinemas, pubs and restaurants are all rightly staying open. I was chatting to one of my neighbours yesterday. His wife died last week. He's a Leyton Orient fan and was looking forward to watching them at AFC Wimbledon tomorrow to 'take his mind off things'
Saturday's Game ? on 12:16 - Sep 9 with 1725 viewsRangersw12

Even my kids football is off.

I don't agree with it myself but can understand why they've done it.
Saturday's Game ? on 12:18 - Sep 9 with 1692 viewsslmrstid

The Great North Run is on Sunday and that is going ahead. As it should rightfully do so.
Saturday's Game ? on 12:21 - Sep 9 with 1656 viewsBAWHoops

It's just the right thing to do

I said earlier the fear is you make the wrong decision.
Cancelling ALL football for the weekend covers everyone. Stops the small likelihood of some embarrassing chanting, stops a small team getting their tribute wrong etc etc.

I think they'll play the midweek matches and find a way to get next Saturday's game on as well

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Saturday's Game ? on 12:22 - Sep 9 with 1655 viewsdenhamhoop2

Personally think it goes against everything the Queen valued and believed in as she was very much from the generation of "Mustn't grumble and just get on with things". Remember people still carried on working football carried on whilst we were at war with Germany as Bombs were literally falling every night on many major UK cities.
Now the day of the funeral itself is a very different matter spend time with your family and reflect on those we have lost down the years
Saturday's Game ? on 12:24 - Sep 9 with 1642 viewsStanisgod

Saturday's Game ? on 11:50 - Sep 9 by dannyblue

Agree. I dont think Maj would have wanted this.
Everyone having a pin drop minutes silence would have been more emotional than walking round Tescos tomorrow afternoon.As someone else said, all fun cancelled but you still have to work!
We are certainly not meant to have 3 o'clock kick offs are we.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Saturday's Game ? on 12:33 - Sep 9 with 1544 viewsderbyhoop

Saturday's Game ? on 12:09 - Sep 9 by bosh67

Totally agree. This is not what Elizabeth was about. She was a show must go on person and I think would have been 100 percent against this kind of mass cancellation. We could have all publicly shown our respects at public events this weekend.

Exactly.
Given her history of things carrying on, I'm not sure she would have approved.
Despite what media might say, football fans can show the necessary respect.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Saturday's Game ? on 12:37 - Sep 9 with 1512 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Saturday's Game ? on 11:45 - Sep 9 by daveB

Midweek games should be unaffected, Stoke will only be called off if it's the funeral that day

Hope you’re right. I’d have thought if they can’t manage it tomorrow then ther’ll be no chance next week. People will be flying in from all over. Heads of state etc. Security will be very tight in the lead up to the funeral.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 12:43]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Saturday's Game ? on 13:04 - Sep 9 with 1353 viewsterryb

Saturday's Game ? on 12:16 - Sep 9 by Rangersw12

Even my kids football is off.

I don't agree with it myself but can understand why they've done it.

It was the FA that have made the decision & all football has been postponed for this weekend.

On a better note, providing the match against Stoke takes place, we won't be suffering a train strike for the day.
Saturday's Game ? on 13:08 - Sep 9 with 1323 viewsRanger_Things

Keep calm and carry on, my arse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024