Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fan Mail to players 08:54 - Sep 28 with 2323 viewsPBLOCK

Hi All

My 7 year old is currently mad on Rangers

It took some time but he is 💯 in now.

He got the new away shirt with Chair 10 on it at his request and was asking me last night if he could write to Ilias to tell him how great he thinks he is

Has anyone done this before if so how did you do it and did you get a reply?

Any ideas / suggestions welcomed

Cheers
Fan Mail to players on 09:07 - Sep 28 with 2254 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just write to him courtesy of the club address.

Clubs have always been good at replying to fan mail, and I have no doubt QPR/Chair will be too.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Fan Mail to players on 09:15 - Sep 28 with 2244 viewsBucksRanger

Some thirty years ago my daughter wrote to her favourite player, Les Ferdinand, and told him all about her summer holiday to Florida. She included photographs of her time at Disney World for him too. She got a very prompt hand written response from him which delighted her. We had the letter framed and I think she still has it today.

I've no idea whether the club had much to do with the response she got, I guess it's all down to the individual involved. Les Ferdinand's reply made my daughter very happy and he got a fan for life for doing that.
Fan Mail to players on 13:27 - Sep 28 with 2037 viewssoops

I’m still waiting for Neil Warnock’s reply….
Fan Mail to players on 13:32 - Sep 28 with 2026 viewssprocket

Fan Mail to players on 13:27 - Sep 28 by soops

I’m still waiting for Neil Warnock’s reply….

LOL...me too. In fairness he probably got too many but he should never have promised.
Fan Mail to players on 13:32 - Sep 28 with 2025 viewsR_from_afar

I can't help with your request but well done for converting your child

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Fan Mail to players on 13:51 - Sep 28 with 1986 viewsdaveB

Clive Willson wrote me an 8 page letter to help with my gcse project about racism in football, wish I had photocopied it rather than giving it in as part of the coursework.

I did email the club the other week as my son was going into hospital and they sent him a lovely video from Albert Adomah so it wouldn't hurt to send them something, worst case they just ignore it and your kid is non the wiser.
Fan Mail to players on 14:19 - Sep 28 with 1953 viewsslmrstid

Fan Mail to players on 13:51 - Sep 28 by daveB

Clive Willson wrote me an 8 page letter to help with my gcse project about racism in football, wish I had photocopied it rather than giving it in as part of the coursework.

I did email the club the other week as my son was going into hospital and they sent him a lovely video from Albert Adomah so it wouldn't hurt to send them something, worst case they just ignore it and your kid is non the wiser.

Dave what email address did you contact? My Dad is waiting for an operation at the moment and once he has had it won't be able to go to QPR for a couple of months. Still waiting for a date at the minute, but once he's got one I'm hoping to contact the club to see if they could send him some sort of well wish. I don't want to expect him to get a phone call from Andy Sinton or something like others have had but it would be nice if they could even arrange a card to go.

Related/but not related to this - my Dad was never able to convert my sister to QPR, and she supports Northampton. One of her favourite Cobblers players in the 90s broke his leg in a match right in front of them at Sixfields which traumatised my sister, so my Dad wrote to the club on her behalf after the game wishing him a speedy recovery and he wrote back to her and later arranged for a photo with her too.
Fan Mail to players on 14:22 - Sep 28 with 1947 viewsLanhoop

Fan Mail to players on 14:19 - Sep 28 by slmrstid

Dave what email address did you contact? My Dad is waiting for an operation at the moment and once he has had it won't be able to go to QPR for a couple of months. Still waiting for a date at the minute, but once he's got one I'm hoping to contact the club to see if they could send him some sort of well wish. I don't want to expect him to get a phone call from Andy Sinton or something like others have had but it would be nice if they could even arrange a card to go.

Related/but not related to this - my Dad was never able to convert my sister to QPR, and she supports Northampton. One of her favourite Cobblers players in the 90s broke his leg in a match right in front of them at Sixfields which traumatised my sister, so my Dad wrote to the club on her behalf after the game wishing him a speedy recovery and he wrote back to her and later arranged for a photo with her too.

There's an email address list at https://www.qpr.co.uk/club/contact-us/

Personally I've always found Dan to be mega responsive, his email is on there regarding matchday announcements.
Login to get fewer ads

Fan Mail to players on 14:41 - Sep 28 with 1906 viewsMatch82

Fan Mail to players on 09:15 - Sep 28 by BucksRanger

Some thirty years ago my daughter wrote to her favourite player, Les Ferdinand, and told him all about her summer holiday to Florida. She included photographs of her time at Disney World for him too. She got a very prompt hand written response from him which delighted her. We had the letter framed and I think she still has it today.

I've no idea whether the club had much to do with the response she got, I guess it's all down to the individual involved. Les Ferdinand's reply made my daughter very happy and he got a fan for life for doing that.

If everyone on this board had done this thirty years ago we might have less of these evil les threads
Fan Mail to players on 14:51 - Sep 28 with 1890 viewsPeterHucker

That reminds me, at the start of the 1982-1983 season the club put all the squad's birthdates in the programme.
I used this as a prompt to make a birthday card for some of my favourite players and send it to them when their birthday was coming up. I was never much good at drawing but each card was the same, a pretty crappy felt tip picture of that player scoring a goal in front of a packed Loft end.
I would post it to the player at the club address and ask for a signed photo.

Just been to find the photos I got back.
Got them from Simon Stainrod, Tony Sealy, Warren Neill, Ian Stewart, Gary Micklewhite, Terry Fenwick and my favourite player (hence my username on here) Peter Hucker.

Getting those photos in the post was just about the most exciting thing that had ever happened to me when I was 12!!
Fan Mail to players on 15:18 - Sep 28 with 1849 viewsslmrstid

Fan Mail to players on 14:22 - Sep 28 by Lanhoop

There's an email address list at https://www.qpr.co.uk/club/contact-us/

Personally I've always found Dan to be mega responsive, his email is on there regarding matchday announcements.

Thanks!
Fan Mail to players on 15:50 - Sep 28 with 1805 viewsGalileo

Redknapp never replied to my brother, then again we later learnt he could neither read nor write.
Fan Mail to players on 16:04 - Sep 28 with 1793 viewsdaveB

Fan Mail to players on 14:19 - Sep 28 by slmrstid

mattheww@qpr.co.uk
I just asked for a short get well clip from any player and they were brilliant with it, my son ended up in tears seeing it, made him feel really special
Fan Mail to players on 16:15 - Sep 28 with 1779 viewsQPRSteve

Fan Mail to players on 15:50 - Sep 28 by Galileo

Redknapp never replied to my brother, then again we later learnt he could neither read nor write.

Or select a football team. But vey good with brown paper bags allegedly.
Fan Mail to players on 20:29 - Sep 28 with 1631 viewsPBLOCK

Fan Mail to players on 13:32 - Sep 28 by R_from_afar

I can't help with your request but well done for converting your child

It took a while

I love football always have always will whether watching or playing my favourite past time

Had a season ticket from the age of about 17 - mid 30’s by that point had two kids growing up and ditching them for the thick end of 7/8 hours on the weekend wasn’t feasible. I live in Essex so door to door it’s just under a couple of hours each way

He was not too bothered early doors and I made a conscious effort not to push him into it, he had the odd kit but nothing too much

About 18 months ago his friend at school was playing football so he wanted to do it too. That was grand but the thing that lit the flame was The Euros. He really got into it watching the England games staying up a bit late to watch them etc. He was gutted when the lost

This sparked wanting the trading cards which he swapped in the playground being in Essex ( a well known suburb of Manchester) he was told about Ronaldo returning etc and last Christmas wanted a Man U kit. Told him I didn’t think he’d get it but a relative got it for him, I said they could if it had been Chelsea it would have been no. He was also a big fan of Harry Kane due to England and asked if I’d take him to Spurs. My reply was I will take him there when Rangers play them but if not his options are Southend Rangers and England

We did Southend first as a taster. All went well 2-2 draw with Wrexham. Then he wanted to go to Rangers so we did Hull at how and Ilias scored so became his favourite. Did the England friendly in March and then Derby when he got all the players pics and autographs. When asking Chair for a pic he picked up my lad and sat him on the railing for it. Thought he was gonna wet himself (my lad not Ilias)

His Uncle bought him the new away kit with Chair 10 on the back and he’s hardly taken it off. Me and my brother are taking him to the Wigan game so he is buzzing

Long road with a few bumps along the way but perseverance has paid off

COYRs
Fan Mail to players on 20:30 - Sep 28 with 1625 viewsPBLOCK

Thanks for all the advice everyone we are going to write a letter at the weekend and post to the club and see how we go

Cheers
Fan Mail to players on 22:32 - Sep 28 with 1516 viewsKonk

Fan Mail to players on 16:04 - Sep 28 by daveB

mattheww@qpr.co.uk
I just asked for a short get well clip from any player and they were brilliant with it, my son ended up in tears seeing it, made him feel really special

Hope your son’s hospital visit went well and that he’s on the mend now.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Fan Mail to players on 23:20 - Sep 28 with 1474 viewsBlackCrowe

Fan Mail to players on 20:30 - Sep 28 by PBLOCK

Thanks for all the advice everyone we are going to write a letter at the weekend and post to the club and see how we go

Cheers

My ST is next to duggout. If you give me the shirt before the game, i'll almost certainly get it signed by Ilias and hand it back to you afterwards. Message me if you want to give it a go.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Fan Mail to players on 00:22 - Sep 29 with 1448 viewsDavieQPR

Fan Mail to players on 15:50 - Sep 28 by Galileo

Should have put the letter in a brown envelope.
Fan Mail to players on 02:39 - Sep 29 with 1418 viewsLoftgirl

Fan Mail to players on 00:22 - Sep 29 by DavieQPR

Should have put the letter in a brown envelope.

With some wedge in it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024