Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pin Badges 18:57 - Oct 24 with 3045 viewsslmrstid

Slightly lighter (and, er, nerdier) topic....pin badges.

Are there any fellow collectors out there? I've got a collection in the hundreds that I dread to think could well be reaching 1,000 by now.

Started when I was a kid when a stall on South Africa Road would be selling QPR pin badges but also pin badges from clubs all over the place - used to be 3 for £5 and for years that was where I'd spend my pocket money each home game. Used to just love all the different colours and designs.

I did at one point manage to have a pin badge for all 92 Football League teams although since the stand disappeared (must be 15 years ago now at least! The one that is on SAR just does QPR stuff) my football pin badge buying other than QPR has gone well downhill, although whilst I'm some way short of the 92 now I am rapidly increasing my non-league collection simply from all of the traditional Football League teams that are collapsing down the ladder. And quite a few of mine are now out of date with the way clubs have changed badges over the years.

As I've moved into adulthood the collection has moved on and I tend to try and pick them up now as a memento from anywhere I visit. They're quite a big thing now. I picked up loads from the Commonwealth Games over the summer and put them all together in a frame which was quite arty for me. I do have some really cool ones so I do like the collection still.

Its still QPR though that primarily started it and I like to add to it when I can so I've been waiting for the club to release some new pins for a few years now as I'd got all of the ones they have been selling.

Which - this year - they have at last! The QPR Retro pin range - there's 10 of them of which I now have 9 and I plan to leave it there as there's 2 home Guinness kits which are largely identical so I'm not going to buy two of basically the same. They're a really nice set actually.

They're at the top of this link for the curious - https://www.shop.qpr.co.uk/souvenirs/badges-keyrings.html

I think including last year's away kit in it though is a brave choice. Definitely more kits I'd include before that one for me but its a nice range.

So...is there anyone else out there as nerdy as me for badges? What quirky/different ones have you got? Would be genuinely interested to find out!

No swapsies though
Pin Badges on 19:03 - Oct 24 with 2996 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Great post. I’m defo getting on this.

I reckon I have about a 1,000.

Started off with football and now I collect transport, Trade Union, and old Commie ones too.

I do everyone’s nut when I travel looking for badges and scarves.

[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 19:17]
Pin Badges on 19:56 - Oct 24 with 2886 viewsQPRSteve

Must have had a good 100 or so speedway badges many years ago.

Anyone remember the old QPR badges where you could attach season bars? Would see some old codgers at the game with the bars reaching halfway to their knees!
Pin Badges on 20:07 - Oct 24 with 2856 viewswelwynranger

Pin Badges on 19:56 - Oct 24 by QPRSteve

Anyone remember the old QPR badges where you could attach season bars? Would see some old codgers at the game with the bars reaching halfway to their knees!

Yea. I had one of those for about 7 years.
Used to buy them from the supporters hut at the top of the grass bank.
Normally Daphney would be in there at half time
Pin Badges on 21:51 - Oct 24 with 2779 viewsslmrstid

Pin Badges on 19:03 - Oct 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Started off with football and now I collect transport, Trade Union, and old Commie ones too.

Love it Bazza. My Grandad on my Dad's side used to work on the railways and had a few pin badges from ASLEF that made their way to me when he died.

Extended family have got in on adding to my collection over the years - my wife's aunt went through a collection she had but didn't really care about and gave them to me - included were pin badges from Butlins in the 60s! Also included was a golliwog badge which you definitely wouldn't get away with being able to produce these days!

I have one from the House of Lords that my parents bought me which is gold plated, and I have a collection I really like from the TfL museum which is a badge for each TfL train line in a box. Now ruined by the Elizabeth Line because its now out of date.

Ah I could waffle for ages on my badges, such a bore!
Pin Badges on 21:55 - Oct 24 with 2758 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pin Badges on 21:51 - Oct 24 by slmrstid

Love it Bazza. My Grandad on my Dad's side used to work on the railways and had a few pin badges from ASLEF that made their way to me when he died.

Extended family have got in on adding to my collection over the years - my wife's aunt went through a collection she had but didn't really care about and gave them to me - included were pin badges from Butlins in the 60s! Also included was a golliwog badge which you definitely wouldn't get away with being able to produce these days!

I have one from the House of Lords that my parents bought me which is gold plated, and I have a collection I really like from the TfL museum which is a badge for each TfL train line in a box. Now ruined by the Elizabeth Line because its now out of date.

Ah I could waffle for ages on my badges, such a bore!

Class!

My missus is a ASLEF member so I’ve raided all her freebies 😆

I might have a spare Elizabeth Line badge…
Pin Badges on 21:59 - Oct 24 with 2753 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This could be the most tragic thread on LfW.

How do I post photos from my phone?
Pin Badges on 22:03 - Oct 24 with 2753 viewsjoe90

When AFC Wimbledon played Kingsmeadow I remember seeing a fella down there selling badges. He had an immense selection, loads of lower and non-league clubs. To be honest, I didn’t recognise most of the badges. I’d know the majority in the football league, so there must have gone down the leagues. They were all quality enamel badges.

I can definitely see the appeal.
Pin Badges on 22:10 - Oct 24 with 2739 viewsjoe90

Pin Badges on 19:03 - Oct 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

What transport badges have you got?

I got into tracking rail freight as I live close to train line and discovered some of the freight companies have great logos such as DRS and Rail Express System. The staff badges are what I’d want.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 22:11]
Login to get fewer ads

Pin Badges on 22:18 - Oct 24 with 2715 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Pin Badges on 22:10 - Oct 24 by joe90

What transport badges have you got?

I got into tracking rail freight as I live close to train line and discovered some of the freight companies have great logos such as DRS and Rail Express System. The staff badges are what I’d want.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2022 22:11]

Dozens mate.

I worked on the Underground for 13 years and they gave out badges for the opening of an envelope, plus what the Unions hand out and different staff campaigns. Every year staff make poppy ones too for the British Legion.

Any in particular you are after?
Pin Badges on 22:19 - Oct 24 with 2722 viewsslmrstid

Pin Badges on 21:59 - Oct 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think you have to be able to link them from an image sharing site like IMGUR or something.

I also have pin badges of most, but not all, Beatles album covers that have been picked up from various trips to Liverpool over the years. Another big market the Beatles pin badge one...
Pin Badges on 01:35 - Oct 25 with 2642 viewsBoston

Pin Badges on 21:59 - Oct 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Photobucket

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pin Badges on 01:37 - Oct 25 with 2640 viewsBoston

Badges for all 92 clubs, that means Che...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pin Badges on 05:55 - Oct 25 with 2593 viewsLadbrokeR

I’ve got a royal blue QPR supporters club enamel badge. I’ve never seen another one. I just looked it up on eBay and there was one for sale for £15.
Pin Badges on 10:27 - Oct 25 with 2462 viewsEsox_Lucius

Yep! from the old supporters club hut at the back of the School End. The add ons were known as drips back in the day, a throw back to motorcycle "Rocker" lingo.

The grass is always greener.

Pin Badges on 10:33 - Oct 25 with 2454 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Badges, badges?
We don't want no stinking badges.

Good thread actually. I used to collect all sorts of things when I was younger - stamps, postcards, matchboxes, coins then vinyl and CDs as I got older. It can become quite obsessive though.
Pin Badges on 13:07 - Oct 25 with 2370 viewsNoDiddley

Pin Badges on 10:33 - Oct 25 by CroydonCaptJack

Badges, badges?
We don't want no stinking badges.

Good thread actually. I used to collect all sorts of things when I was younger - stamps, postcards, matchboxes, coins then vinyl and CDs as I got older. It can become quite obsessive though.

Check out Friday nights program v Reading , there was an article about a fella who’s got a shed full of QPR stuff!
Pin Badges on 13:40 - Oct 25 with 2338 viewsMichael_Hunt

Still got mine minus the year tags sadly.

Not a pin badge per se but my dad was a bus driver and I’ve got his old PSV licence badge which I’m quite proud of.
Pin Badges on 14:01 - Oct 25 with 2307 viewstoboboly

Pin Badges on 22:03 - Oct 24 by joe90

When AFC Wimbledon played Kingsmeadow I remember seeing a fella down there selling badges. He had an immense selection, loads of lower and non-league clubs. To be honest, I didn’t recognise most of the badges. I’d know the majority in the football league, so there must have gone down the leagues. They were all quality enamel badges.

I can definitely see the appeal.

http://www.terrysbadges.co.uk/index.html

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024