Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Goal offside 19:29 - Feb 5 with 3930 viewsT_Block

Am I correct in thinking you cannot be offside if you pass backwards.
After Denny saves the free kick and their lad touches the ball I freeze framed it and Waghorn is clearly off-side
Huddersfield Goal offside on 20:27 - Feb 5 with 3755 viewsloftboy

You are offside if you’re nearer the goal line than the ball when it’s played, the direction of ball is irrelevant, of course these days he has to touch the ball as well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Huddersfield Goal offside on 21:05 - Feb 5 with 3663 viewsT_Block

So i,f you check, Waghorn is nearer the goal-line than any defender when the ball is passed then Waghorn must be offside then ?
Huddersfield Goal offside on 21:42 - Feb 5 with 3547 viewsstainrods_elbow

Huddersfield Goal offside on 21:05 - Feb 5 by T_Block

So i,f you check, Waghorn is nearer the goal-line than any defender when the ball is passed then Waghorn must be offside then ?

That's what I thought - but I don't understand anything about a law that's been fiddled with more times than the boys in my former grammar school. Can anyone explain why it wasn't chalked off?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Huddersfield Goal offside on 22:00 - Feb 5 with 3534 viewsSimonD

I haven't seen the goal, but if the ball was played backwards, that would suggest the player was behind the ball and therefore couldn't be offside.
Huddersfield Goal offside on 23:03 - Feb 5 with 3387 viewsactonman

Wag horn was behind the ball as it was played to him … unfortunately so was our defence watching him run onto it and tap it in the net
Huddersfield Goal offside on 00:14 - Feb 6 with 3336 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Could Seny have palmed it away to safety or was it a good save just quicker reactions from their players.Its hard to tell from the video
Huddersfield Goal offside on 07:48 - Feb 6 with 3044 viewsdistortR

Huddersfield Goal offside on 00:14 - Feb 6 by CLAREMAN1995

Could Seny have palmed it away to safety or was it a good save just quicker reactions from their players.Its hard to tell from the video

"....a good save just reactions from their players...."
Sorted.
Huddersfield Goal offside on 09:59 - Feb 6 with 2887 viewsstanistheman

Huddersfield Goal offside on 22:00 - Feb 5 by SimonD

I haven't seen the goal, but if the ball was played backwards, that would suggest the player was behind the ball and therefore couldn't be offside.

This exactly.

The QPR defence and some fans just clutching at straws hoping for an offside flag.

Dieng made the save but pushed the ball to a dangerous place rather than safety.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Goal offside on 10:15 - Feb 6 with 2852 viewsterryb

Huddersfield Goal offside on 22:00 - Feb 5 by SimonD

That's not exactly true Simon.

The ball could have been played backwards & the player receiving the ball could have come back from a position nearer the goal than the ball & two defenders were.

I'm not saying that was how it was on Saturday as I've not looked!
Huddersfield Goal offside on 11:24 - Feb 6 with 2718 viewsvanrrrr

For me he could have done better, I was stood almost in line with that FreeKick and it seemed like he got caught between catching and pushing it around the post… seemed well annoyed after too
Huddersfield Goal offside on 14:20 - Feb 6 with 2495 viewsTheChef

Huddersfield Goal offside on 11:24 - Feb 6 by vanrrrr

For me he could have done better, I was stood almost in line with that FreeKick and it seemed like he got caught between catching and pushing it around the post… seemed well annoyed after too

Strange, I think he's had a couple like that this season where instead of diverting the ball to safety it's come straight back to oncoming players.

I suppose in a poorly performing team his confidence and decision making is going to be affected too.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Huddersfield Goal offside on 14:24 - Feb 6 with 2470 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Aside from the goal, Seny and wall couldn’t get it straight what they wanted. Dozell (I think) was screaming at Seny for direction and he just shrugged. The balm came in and Bob’s your uncle. All involved totally distracted.

It’s a head problem with this lot if you ask me.
Huddersfield Goal offside on 14:28 - Feb 6 with 2468 viewsTheChef

Huddersfield Goal offside on 14:24 - Feb 6 by BazzaInTheLoft

Aside from the goal, Seny and wall couldn’t get it straight what they wanted. Dozell (I think) was screaming at Seny for direction and he just shrugged. The balm came in and Bob’s your uncle. All involved totally distracted.

It’s a head problem with this lot if you ask me.

Yep definitely a mental issue compacted by performances.

Think we need Steve Black (RIP).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Huddersfield Goal offside on 14:31 - Feb 6 with 2456 viewsPinnerPaul

Huddersfield Goal offside on 20:27 - Feb 5 by loftboy

You are offside if you’re nearer the goal line than the ball when it’s played, the direction of ball is irrelevant, of course these days he has to touch the ball as well.

...the ball and less than 2 opponents, obviously!
Huddersfield Goal offside on 14:32 - Feb 6 with 2454 viewsPinnerPaul

Huddersfield Goal offside on 21:05 - Feb 5 by T_Block

The ball! If the ball is nearer the goal line than him, then it doesn't matter where any defenders are.
Huddersfield Goal offside on 14:35 - Feb 6 with 2439 viewsPinnerPaul

Huddersfield Goal offside on 10:15 - Feb 6 by terryb

That's not exactly true Simon.

The ball could have been played backwards & the player receiving the ball could have come back from a position nearer the goal than the ball & two defenders were.

I'm not saying that was how it was on Saturday as I've not looked!

Yes correct. Obviously in 99% of cases if the ball is played backwards the ball is likely to have been nearer the gaol line than the attacker, but as has been said above, the direction the ball travels is not the deciding factor.
Huddersfield Goal offside on 21:19 - Feb 6 with 2269 viewsT_Block

Still do not understand ,an opinion based on watching the video would be appreciated
Huddersfield Goal offside on 10:12 - Feb 7 with 2073 viewsterryb

Huddersfield Goal offside on 21:19 - Feb 6 by T_Block

Still do not understand ,an opinion based on watching the video would be appreciated

I've just looked & IMO Waghorn was behind the ball when it was played to him. Being level with the ball would also make him onside. That doesn't mean that I'm right though & I didn't freeze frame it. Perhaps that would have changed my mind
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 10:14]
Huddersfield Goal offside on 10:33 - Feb 7 with 2032 viewsjoe90

Huddersfield Goal offside on 10:12 - Feb 7 by terryb

I've just looked & IMO Waghorn was behind the ball when it was played to him. Being level with the ball would also make him onside. That doesn't mean that I'm right though & I didn't freeze frame it. Perhaps that would have changed my mind
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 10:14]

I agree.

Just watched it back close call, but I think Waghorn is onside.

Separate note: But was he not offside for the freekick? I'm sure if he'd scored directly from the rebound he'd have been offside?

Huddersfield Goal offside on 10:45 - Feb 7 with 2012 viewsterryb

Huddersfield Goal offside on 10:33 - Feb 7 by joe90

I agree.

Just watched it back close call, but I think Waghorn is onside.

Separate note: But was he not offside for the freekick? I'm sure if he'd scored directly from the rebound he'd have been offside?

I've no idea if he was in an offside position when the free kick was taken, but as the ball was retrieved following the Dieng save it became a different phase of play.
Huddersfield Goal offside on 11:38 - Feb 7 with 1958 viewsPinnerPaul

Huddersfield Goal offside on 10:45 - Feb 7 by terryb

I've no idea if he was in an offside position when the free kick was taken, but as the ball was retrieved following the Dieng save it became a different phase of play.

Correct!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024