Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crying out for Warburton 15:02 - Feb 27 with 9901 viewsWestbourneR

In the annals of bad decisions, removing Warbs now looks like the extraordinarily stupid decision it looked at the time.

A few things to think about

- Our 'collapse' last season now looks like a dream compared to our current freefall.

- He was ostensibly sacked because he didn't play youth teamers - but he did when they were GOOD. He immediately made more out of BOS and Manning, he played Chair and of course Eze. He even persevered with Kakay and bombed out Todd Kane for the cause. The players he didn't play weren't, and almost certainly never will be, good enough. Sinclair Armstrong aside Beale didn't play any more of them than Warbs either.

- The club was well run, on a budget, with respect and good attitude.

- I've never been anti Ferdinand but to me it's now clear he sacked Warbs because he felt threatened and didn't like that Warbs was his own man. It was ego. An ego clash. And for me, that is unforgivable.

- If we'd kept Warbs and the STABILITY we've all craved for so long we'd be in so much better shape now. I guarantee it.

To think we sacked MW for being in the playoffs most the season now seems to STUPID it is laughable.

A huge mistake that may we see us relegated.

And yeah I'm afraid it's on Les.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Crying out for Warburton on 10:53 - Mar 1 with 822 viewsPunteR

Crying out for Warburton on 08:44 - Mar 1 by nix

I don't think we can blame the club for the Beale fiasco. It absolutely was a decent appointment and seemed a step forward building on our previous managers. Having a young manager who was used to developing players but also had experience working at Premiership level seemed a really good move. But how often does a young manager in their first appointment leave after a few months, having been given everything they've asked for? It may happen but I can't remember it.

Where we may have made mistakes is in giving him everything he wanted in terms of keeping onto all three of Seny, Chair and Willock, while also spending a lot on wages for Paal, Tim, JCS, Balogun, Roberts etc. Let's face it we're unlikely to have spent that much on all of those players if we'd had a different manager.

Personally I would have given Warbs another season, if only for the continuity. But given they thought they would have a new young manager and we'd finished the last season so badly, I can see the thinking behind the decision. However I can also see they must be absolutely incandescent with Beale for destabilising the club so badly at such a critical time in the season. We have to learn that one manager cannot just be allowed to spend the Board's money so happily and tear up the longer term strategy.

You can't completely blame the club for the Beale fiasco and obviously no one knows what was going on in Beales head but the way Warburtons situation was handled it probably didn't help the cause.
We all knew after Warburton left the club would have to get the next appointment bang on and maybe they were so desperate to get Beale they once bowed to Beales demands for players etc. As Clive has alluded to maybe the club wasn't quite straight with Beale and once he got into the building thought fk this I'm off!. Again, pure speculation.
I know it's all done and dusted now but the club have to start looking at mistakes once again and learn from them if Les Hoos, the owners are all staying.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Crying out for Warburton on 10:20 - Mar 2 with 574 viewsBlue_Castello

Crying out for Warburton on 10:21 - Mar 1 by terryb

Interestingly, Ipswich supporters would take Dozzell any day in preference of the two. I don't think the club would though!

The fans would probably look to the promise he showed as a 17 year old breaking into their team & thinking they can nurse him back to that form. They would regard Ball as a sicknote with a record similar to Balogun.

I doubt that Warburton could be blamed for the £8 million increase in wages that the club paid in his last season to his first, but not delivering a play off place (at worst) was surely why they didn't offer a new contract.

Yeah I got that impression as well, we are up in Ipswich a lot as we have family there, I even went to their Boxing Day game v Oxford, the fact they released him and took the money says something as I didn't get the impression they desperately needed the money, shame we didn't choose Flynn Downes at the time who I think was also available, he's made Swansea a very healthy profit.

The fans do seem very fond of Dozzell and always want to know how he's doing , i can see why they liked him, receives the ball plays the pass, looks the real deal but it's no good standing there and watching the pass, follow it up, get on your toes, show the work rate, I doubt the club wants Dozzell back they have probably watched him in the Championship, the same way McKenna didn't want Bonne back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024