Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading 6 point deduction 12:29 - Mar 1 with 7021 viewsE17hoop

According to the Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11807403/Reading-set-deducted

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Reading 6 point deduction on 12:38 - Mar 1 with 4766 viewsdaveB

This is where the whole thing is a farce, not even started plans for the hearing yet, already in March so best case this gets settled in a months time.
Reading 6 point deduction on 12:41 - Mar 1 with 4747 viewsJuzzie

That would put them on 38 points, 1 less than us with a game in hand, so not unreasonable that they wouldn't get relegated.

Is this another case of the authorities being seen to dish out punishments without actually doing any harm?
Reading 6 point deduction on 12:42 - Mar 1 with 4726 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Reading 6 point deduction on 12:41 - Mar 1 by Juzzie

That would put them on 38 points, 1 less than us with a game in hand, so not unreasonable that they wouldn't get relegated.

Is this another case of the authorities being seen to dish out punishments without actually doing any harm?

I’m not going to click on that rag’s link, but I assume this would take place at the start of the following season wouldn’t it?
Reading 6 point deduction on 12:44 - Mar 1 with 4698 viewsHayesender

Reading 6 point deduction on 12:42 - Mar 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

I’m not going to click on that rag’s link, but I assume this would take place at the start of the following season wouldn’t it?

You should. Once you've finished reading it, you can then read about what Harry and Meghan are getting up to.

Riveting stuff

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Reading 6 point deduction on 13:05 - Mar 1 with 4582 viewsNorthernr

De-fault, de-fault, de-fault.
Reading 6 point deduction on 13:15 - Mar 1 with 4500 viewsDWQPR

Reading 6 point deduction on 12:44 - Mar 1 by Hayesender

You should. Once you've finished reading it, you can then read about what Harry and Meghan are getting up to.

Riveting stuff

Couldn't find anything about Harry and Meghan at all!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Reading 6 point deduction on 13:17 - Mar 1 with 4465 viewsJuzzie

Reading 6 point deduction on 12:42 - Mar 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Article suggest this season.
Reading 6 point deduction on 13:19 - Mar 1 with 4455 viewsNewBee

Reading 6 point deduction on 12:38 - Mar 1 by daveB

This is where the whole thing is a farce, not even started plans for the hearing yet, already in March so best case this gets settled in a months time.

"... already in March" [before looking into it etc]

I suspect they couldn't determine whether RFC had spent beyond their limits until their Annual Results came out - end February?
Login to get fewer ads

Reading 6 point deduction on 13:21 - Mar 1 with 4421 viewsrobith

Reading 6 point deduction on 13:05 - Mar 1 by Northernr

De-fault, de-fault, de-fault.

The 2 greatest words in the English language
Reading 6 point deduction on 13:24 - Mar 1 with 4398 viewsNewBee

Reading 6 point deduction on 12:41 - Mar 1 by Juzzie

"Is this another case of the authorities being seen to dish out punishments without actually doing any harm? "

The suspended six points which look like being triggered now were actually determined last season i.e.when the EFL could have had no idea exactly what RFC's finances would be looking like, or where they'd be in the table, come March 2023.
Reading 6 point deduction on 13:25 - Mar 1 with 4378 viewsHayesender

Reading 6 point deduction on 13:15 - Mar 1 by DWQPR

Couldn't find anything about Harry and Meghan at all!

Harry and Meghan 'stunned' after being evicted from Frogmore Cottage https://mol.im/a/11807171 via https://dailym.ai/android

Headline

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Reading 6 point deduction on 13:29 - Mar 1 with 4342 viewsNorthernr

This is why we don't want a breach. You get a points deduction to start with, and another one suspended. You get a transfer embargo so you can't improve your team but for free transfers. You get a business plan to stick to, which basically consists of selling everything that isn't tied down for whatever you can get for it, and if you don't stick to that you get deducted more points and it becomes lather, rinse, repeat.
Reading 6 point deduction on 13:41 - Mar 1 with 4275 viewsLblock

Farcical stuff....

This is why, if the BungleBros and ClownMafia were still serious about the club, then I think they would've invested where we clearly needed it and kick the can down the road to next season; ie any points punishment or embargo's

Pretty soon I think P&S or FFP will fall away as someone is going to have the balls to fight it as a restriction of trade and instead it'll be something where owner debt / investment cannot be leveraged against the clubs

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Reading 6 point deduction on 14:11 - Mar 1 with 4114 viewsted_hendrix

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/23355615.reading-fc-on-verge-second-poi

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Reading 6 point deduction on 14:13 - Mar 1 with 4103 viewsterryb

Reading 6 point deduction on 12:38 - Mar 1 by daveB

I don't think there will be a hearing Dave.

Is it not implementing the six point suspended part of the punishment from November 2021?

No appeal is allowed & was accepted by Reading at that time.
Reading 6 point deduction on 14:19 - Mar 1 with 4076 viewsLazyFan

Reading 6 point deduction on 13:41 - Mar 1 by Lblock

Farcical stuff....

This is why, if the BungleBros and ClownMafia were still serious about the club, then I think they would've invested where we clearly needed it and kick the can down the road to next season; ie any points punishment or embargo's

Pretty soon I think P&S or FFP will fall away as someone is going to have the balls to fight it as a restriction of trade and instead it'll be something where owner debt / investment cannot be leveraged against the clubs

Ssshhh ... the EFL think Reading is QPR as they look similar and are south of Preston.

zzzzzzzzzz

Reading 6 point deduction on 14:52 - Mar 1 with 3947 viewsenfieldargh

Reading 6 point deduction on 14:11 - Mar 1 by ted_hendrix

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/23355615.reading-fc-on-verge-second-poi

You'd think there would be some goss on Harry & Meghan in the Reading and royal berkshire afternoon chronicle

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Reading 6 point deduction on 14:55 - Mar 1 with 3933 viewsKonk

FFP in its current format has been a great success. Very few clubs in financial difficulty these days, and nearly all clubs brilliantly run by well-meaning custodians, whose every decision is taken in the long term interests of their clubs and community. You hardly ever read about clubs being on the brink of collapse…

Without giving it more than 2 mins thought, I’d like to see some sort of “sensible” limit on outgoings based on turnover from previous 5 years or something , but if some mad billionaire wants to spend £4bn getting Morecombe promoted to the PL, they can do it provided they put the future salary commitments etc that exceed the FFP allowance, on deposit with the football authorities. That way, if they lose interest/go broke, the existing contracts/commitments can be honoured, without the club imploding.

Ideally I’d love a genuine salary cap, but that’s never gonna happen.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Reading 6 point deduction on 15:49 - Mar 1 with 3749 viewsNewBee

Reading 6 point deduction on 14:55 - Mar 1 by Konk

FFP in its current format has been a great success. Very few clubs in financial difficulty these days, and nearly all clubs brilliantly run by well-meaning custodians, whose every decision is taken in the long term interests of their clubs and community. You hardly ever read about clubs being on the brink of collapse…

Without giving it more than 2 mins thought, I’d like to see some sort of “sensible” limit on outgoings based on turnover from previous 5 years or something , but if some mad billionaire wants to spend £4bn getting Morecombe promoted to the PL, they can do it provided they put the future salary commitments etc that exceed the FFP allowance, on deposit with the football authorities. That way, if they lose interest/go broke, the existing contracts/commitments can be honoured, without the club imploding.

Ideally I’d love a genuine salary cap, but that’s never gonna happen.

Re your 1st para, I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but while FFP may be seriously flawed and in need of reform, if not replacement, I'm sorry, but this widely repeated "brink of collapse" notion doesn't really stand up.
Sure, many clubs get into debt, some even go into Administration, but in the end, how many actually go out of business? Over the last 50 years I can only think of three(?): Maidstone, Macclesfield and Bury., out of a total of 92 clubs at any one time.
How many other British industries have such a low atrition rate? Manufacturing? Retail? Technology? Banking? Mining? Shipping? Nope, can't think of one.
Fact is, there is always someone willing to come in and have a go at reviving a club, even when they're a complete basket case like eg Derby Co.
Indeed, the number of f-t professional clubs in England has actually grown to well over 100, with the emergence of newcomers like eg Harrogate, Crawley, Salford, Stevenage etc and the development of the National League.
Which is not to say that things couldn't be done far better - quite obviously they could - but there's not another country in the world which can sustain anything remotely approaching the strength of England's football pyramid.
Reading 6 point deduction on 16:17 - Mar 1 with 3617 viewsCamberleyR

Reading 6 point deduction on 15:49 - Mar 1 by NewBee

Re your 1st para, I'm sure you're being sarcastic, but while FFP may be seriously flawed and in need of reform, if not replacement, I'm sorry, but this widely repeated "brink of collapse" notion doesn't really stand up.
Sure, many clubs get into debt, some even go into Administration, but in the end, how many actually go out of business? Over the last 50 years I can only think of three(?): Maidstone, Macclesfield and Bury., out of a total of 92 clubs at any one time.
How many other British industries have such a low atrition rate? Manufacturing? Retail? Technology? Banking? Mining? Shipping? Nope, can't think of one.
Fact is, there is always someone willing to come in and have a go at reviving a club, even when they're a complete basket case like eg Derby Co.
Indeed, the number of f-t professional clubs in England has actually grown to well over 100, with the emergence of newcomers like eg Harrogate, Crawley, Salford, Stevenage etc and the development of the National League.
Which is not to say that things couldn't be done far better - quite obviously they could - but there's not another country in the world which can sustain anything remotely approaching the strength of England's football pyramid.

If we're talking football league clubs, Aldershot in 1992 as well.

Ex league clubs Newport County, Rushden & Diamonds, Scarborough and Chester City also went bust shortly after losing their league status.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Reading 6 point deduction on 16:30 - Mar 1 with 3553 viewsKonk

Reading 6 point deduction on 15:49 - Mar 1 by NewBee

Clubs might not ultimately go out of business after being on the brink of collapse, but then how many did before FFP? Has it made it more likely that clubs will stay afloat? Not sure it has because as you say, few league clubs went bust in the past. Loads of clubs are a shambles and lurching from one crisis to the next, and I don’t see that FFP appears to have stopped that happening.

Has it entrenched the position of the clubs at the top of the PL? Yes. Has it given a huge advantage to clubs with parachute payments? Yes. If Tony Bloom at Brighton decided he wanted to put an extra £200m of his own money into trying to establish Brighton in the top 6 of the PL and he has the money, it seems unfair that he can’t do that when Chelsea, Man City, and others have done that in the past.

I’m not convinced FFP is doing anything other than helping the wealthier clubs be that in the PL, championship, or lower divisions. I don’t want to see Mel Morris scenarios where people jeopardize the future of clubs, but if Shahid Khan, for example, worth £7bn, wants to push us on, it seems wrong that he can’t unless you’re going to have a true salary cap.

I could also imagine that some clubs’ FFP situation might deter investors because at someone like QPR you have to operate with a tight, limited budget, and you couldn’t do something like fling a few bob at the playing side of things with a view to promotion, and then use TV money, increased revenue etc to support a new stadium/redevelopment. At Rangers at the moment, it looks like unless they got lucky, investors would have to spend years and massive money getting the infrastructure to a place where they can boost revenue to enable them to have a serious punt at promotion.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Reading 6 point deduction on 16:49 - Mar 1 with 3463 viewsthemodfather

we know many clubs are struggling, like US, the efl dragged out the DERBY case for ages and sent wycombe down, which grates many . then one assumes reading appeal and it goes on.
all clubs are trying to do is be like many in the prem lge, rich and getting richer. i mean chelsea and man city were 5hite for decades until wealthy owners recently pumped in stupid money but they rally round the wagons to fight off any fresh competition.
we spent £55m on a squad of players are got hammered , manure spent that on one player ! he same season.
FFP needs review and must include all clubs from all leagues and associations so all sing from the same song sheet
as much as i dislike reading, i don't want pts of cos it could be us soon.
Reading 6 point deduction on 16:55 - Mar 1 with 3430 viewsdavman

Reading 6 point deduction on 13:29 - Mar 1 by Northernr

This is why we don't want a breach. You get a points deduction to start with, and another one suspended. You get a transfer embargo so you can't improve your team but for free transfers. You get a business plan to stick to, which basically consists of selling everything that isn't tied down for whatever you can get for it, and if you don't stick to that you get deducted more points and it becomes lather, rinse, repeat.

... but the ridiculous irony out of all this is that Reading will suffer no material penalty long term. 6 points last season ultimately meant f-all, 6 points this year means f-all and the Embargo in between hardly stopped them being competitive, did it? They can afford Hendrick, Carroll and Ince amongst others...

So, Where's the "punishment"?

When we get in to trouble, it'll be another record fine in points rather than financial.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Reading 6 point deduction on 17:40 - Mar 1 with 3327 viewsThird_Division_South

Reading 6 point deduction on 16:55 - Mar 1 by davman

... but the ridiculous irony out of all this is that Reading will suffer no material penalty long term. 6 points last season ultimately meant f-all, 6 points this year means f-all and the Embargo in between hardly stopped them being competitive, did it? They can afford Hendrick, Carroll and Ince amongst others...

So, Where's the "punishment"?

When we get in to trouble, it'll be another record fine in points rather than financial.

The weird thing about this is that all their signings had to be ratified by the EFL and they’ve still breached FFP
Reading 6 point deduction on 17:43 - Mar 1 with 3317 viewsloftus77

Well, it will be news it this happens imminently - but I suspect we'd need at least a '1' in front of the '6' to make this relevant (helpful) to us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024