Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
**Burnley Match Thread** 13:20 - Apr 21 with 67592 viewsted_hendrix

Let us pray.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:29 - Apr 22 with 2666 viewssdm19994

That Burnley forward line again our back four is making me feel physically sick. Hope I’m wrong but we get battered here
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 14:30]
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:33 - Apr 22 with 2588 viewsdistortR

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:27 - Apr 22 by E15Hoop

No way it's that. It will be because their attitude stinks for sure.
There's a brilliant and well-known quote on the wall at Heston that reads: "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard".
Your answer is probably to be found in those very words..

hard work, talent, we're not beating anyone. Our 'hard working' element is short of inspiration, tbh. But I bet Thomas would be getting a run out if he was here, and fit.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:34 - Apr 22 with 2579 viewstraininvain

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:27 - Apr 22 by E15Hoop

No way it's that. It will be because their attitude stinks for sure.
There's a brilliant and well-known quote on the wall at Heston that reads: "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard".
Your answer is probably to be found in those very words..

I’m sure their attitude stinks but I think given our position a half decent manager finds a way to galvanise the squad (including the prima donnas) and get the points needed to survive before giving minutes to the likes of Drewe and Adomah ahead of Laird and Willock.

Only a few weeks ago the message coming out of the club was ‘the cavalry is arriving’. Something must’ve gone badly wrong as I don’t think one of those players is starting today.

My fear with Ainsworth is that he seems quite prepared for the club to be relegated if it means excluding the difficult characters in the squad then so be it. The problem is that we’ll probably be paying for this decision long after Ainsworth has left the club.

As for the quote, only time will tell but it doesn’t seem to be working very well so far!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 14:37]
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:36 - Apr 22 with 2514 viewsterryb

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:28 - Apr 22 by PhilmyRs

Not the worst eleven ever but Drewe over Laird is not something I’d do and would prefer Willock or Richards ahead of Albert but other than that, I think it’s ok.

I'd play Drewe every week instead of Laird, he will win far more challenges than Laird would. Not as good going forward, but a better defender.

I agree with the Adomah comment though, Richards would have been my choice.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 14:38]
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:38 - Apr 22 with 2436 viewsSonofpugwash

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:34 - Apr 22 by traininvain

I’m sure their attitude stinks but I think given our position a half decent manager finds a way to galvanise the squad (including the prima donnas) and get the points needed to survive before giving minutes to the likes of Drewe and Adomah ahead of Laird and Willock.

Only a few weeks ago the message coming out of the club was ‘the cavalry is arriving’. Something must’ve gone badly wrong as I don’t think one of those players is starting today.

My fear with Ainsworth is that he seems quite prepared for the club to be relegated if it means excluding the difficult characters in the squad then so be it. The problem is that we’ll probably be paying for this decision long after Ainsworth has left the club.

As for the quote, only time will tell but it doesn’t seem to be working very well so far!
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 14:37]

Custard's Last Stand.

Mmmmmm....custard...

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:38 - Apr 22 with 2452 viewsE15Hoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:33 - Apr 22 by distortR

hard work, talent, we're not beating anyone. Our 'hard working' element is short of inspiration, tbh. But I bet Thomas would be getting a run out if he was here, and fit.

If JFH was still managing us, this would be the perfect setting for him in which to say: "It is as it is".
To be fair, you can never really argue with that phrase (unless you've got a PhD in philosophy, and love boring people at parties..)
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:41 - Apr 22 with 2368 viewsgazza1

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:38 - Apr 22 by E15Hoop

If JFH was still managing us, this would be the perfect setting for him in which to say: "It is as it is".
To be fair, you can never really argue with that phrase (unless you've got a PhD in philosophy, and love boring people at parties..)

Any streams????
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:42 - Apr 22 with 2341 viewsfrancisbowles

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:24 - Apr 22 by Silverfoxqpr

Absolute brain dead decision given our predicament. As I said on another thread we've literally tried everything else, play Richards for more than 10 minutes and you never know.

We don't have any knowledge of how long Richards would last f he started. He may only have about 20-30 mins in the tank, after all his problems.
Login to get fewer ads

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:43 - Apr 22 with 2323 viewsdistortR

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:38 - Apr 22 by Sonofpugwash

Custard's Last Stand.

Mmmmmm....custard...

We should run out to this.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:43 - Apr 22 with 2311 viewstraininvain

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:36 - Apr 22 by terryb

I'd play Drewe every week instead of Laird, he will win far more challenges than Laird would. Not as good going forward, but a better defender.

I agree with the Adomah comment though, Richards would have been my choice.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 14:38]

It’s a nice idea but Drewe’s very inexperienced and we saw how badly wrong this can go at Blackpool away.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:44 - Apr 22 with 2285 viewsBrianMcCarthy

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:42 - Apr 22 by francisbowles

We don't have any knowledge of how long Richards would last f he started. He may only have about 20-30 mins in the tank, after all his problems.

True.
We don't know anything from inside the dressing room - injuries, fitness, fights - none of it.
As it should be.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:47 - Apr 22 with 2202 viewsdistortR

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:44 - Apr 22 by BrianMcCarthy

True.
We don't know anything from inside the dressing room - injuries, fitness, fights - none of it.
As it should be.

fans seek information - ctn
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:48 - Apr 22 with 2178 viewscolinallcars

Burnley must be terrified. If we win, I'll start believing in Santa again - first time since 1952 or thereabouts.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:51 - Apr 22 with 2081 viewsterryb

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:43 - Apr 22 by traininvain

It’s a nice idea but Drewe’s very inexperienced and we saw how badly wrong this can go at Blackpool away.

Absolutely true, but I've seen Laird pull out of every challenge since October!
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:52 - Apr 22 with 2053 viewsQPRSteve

I must be mad, just paid my tenner to watch us get slaughtered.

Can't see this lineup holding out for long. Why he persists with Albert I do not know? He's done very little in recent games. Better off chancing it with Willock and hoping he finds some form.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:52 - Apr 22 with 2050 viewsloftus77

I know we should not be privy to injury info that could be 'shared with the enemy'...but it would be nice, given the importance to the club of these games, to have a line on the status of our very own Club Captain? Not in the XI or on the bench for this battle - he recently had a 'knock' apparently?
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:52 - Apr 22 with 2050 viewsMetallica_Hoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:41 - Apr 22 by gazza1

Any streams????

http://fawanews.com/Burnley%20vs%20QPR.html

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:52 - Apr 22 with 2026 viewsgazza1

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:43 - Apr 22 by traininvain

Quite correct, he got torn apart and he got moved from RB to LB .......if Laird has misbehaved then leave him out of the selection completely. If Ainsworth thinks its better to play Drewe ahead of Laird in a very important match that we need to get points from then GA has got it badly wrong like he did when he played Dunne at RB.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:54 - Apr 22 with 1971 viewsgazza1

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:52 - Apr 22 by Metallica_Hoop

http://fawanews.com/Burnley%20vs%20QPR.html

Nice one, thanks. I will tryt it.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:54 - Apr 22 with 1958 viewsdmm

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:52 - Apr 22 by QPRSteve

I must be mad, just paid my tenner to watch us get slaughtered.

Can't see this lineup holding out for long. Why he persists with Albert I do not know? He's done very little in recent games. Better off chancing it with Willock and hoping he finds some form.

I'll watch it too. I don't know why I do this to myself.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:56 - Apr 22 with 1894 viewsMetallica_Hoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:54 - Apr 22 by gazza1

Nice one, thanks. I will tryt it.

You are welcome, bookmark it Gazza, I've found them really reliable for all our games.

Only one pop up too when you click on it then the game just plays.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:57 - Apr 22 with 1869 viewsaston_hoop

After a couple of matches of rotation, Burnley have gone full strength again. Only tiny mercy, and it really is a tiny one, is that Nathan Tella is injured.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:59 - Apr 22 with 1812 viewsflynnbo

Am dreading this game as it could be an annihilation. This may well go some way to exorcise their memory of our late 70s victory at LR.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:59 - Apr 22 with 1791 viewsStanisgod

**Burnley Match Thread** on 14:04 - Apr 22 by OldPedro

So JCS plays 60 mins and then not fit enough to be on the bench........

5 players with their surname beginning with D.
Just saying like.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

**Burnley Match Thread** on 15:00 - Apr 22 with 1779 viewsactonman

This isn’t going to be very pretty is it ? Fair play to all who travelled , if I thought we had any fight in us at all I would have gone but they really have broken me this season
If we let them score early , this could get very messy
Coventry really need to do us a favour today is the best we can hope for
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024