Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what schools did you attend. 23:19 - Jun 26 with 22314 viewsqpr_1968

non qpr.

primary school......oxford gardens
secondary........quintin kynaston.

don't be shy.....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

what schools did you attend. on 00:07 - Jun 29 with 1561 viewsAndybrat

St Lawrence’s Primary ( Feltham)
Gunnersbury School for Boys Chiswick and Brentford

So a good catholic boy with Italian heritage. Any other schools scared of Brentford School for Girls? We were, all of us. Hounslow Bus Station was a war zone sometimes, and I lived in Feltham so you think I might stand a chance.
Gunnersbury was a rugby school, never lost the faith though ( sort of Catholic / QPR joke there)
what schools did you attend. on 05:25 - Jun 29 with 1486 viewsBrisbaneR

what schools did you attend. on 22:33 - Jun 28 by SydneyRs

I was from the latter of those two groups and got accepted into the Oratory. Didn't go because we moved house and often wondered what it would have been like. Was it a good experience there?

I liked it...a bit daunting at first coming from a small primary school to a place with about 1100 boys but settled ok once I made a few mates. It was pretty strict, but I didn't mind that structure and there were a couple of teachers there who became role models/mentors. Having said that, there were also some wrong 'uns, but I suppose every school has its share?
It was the first place that I really met people from a different class other than working, so I suppose it started to open my eyes a bit and I thought there might be different ways to live.
Sixth form was the best, girls arrived and the smelly spotty herberts I'd been to school with for the past 5 years were transformed over the summer holidays. I fell in love/lust daily for the next 2 years.
what schools did you attend. on 07:46 - Jun 29 with 1404 viewsSydneyRs

what schools did you attend. on 05:25 - Jun 29 by BrisbaneR

I liked it...a bit daunting at first coming from a small primary school to a place with about 1100 boys but settled ok once I made a few mates. It was pretty strict, but I didn't mind that structure and there were a couple of teachers there who became role models/mentors. Having said that, there were also some wrong 'uns, but I suppose every school has its share?
It was the first place that I really met people from a different class other than working, so I suppose it started to open my eyes a bit and I thought there might be different ways to live.
Sixth form was the best, girls arrived and the smelly spotty herberts I'd been to school with for the past 5 years were transformed over the summer holidays. I fell in love/lust daily for the next 2 years.

Had I gone there I would have been there pretty much the same time as you.

The school I ended up in tried to be strict but did not really succeed and had a lot of kids who didn't really care that much, so it was easy to get lazy, not that I have any one to blame for that but myself. It sounds like the kind of place where I would have had to be less lazy!
what schools did you attend. (n/t) on 12:49 - Jun 29 with 1253 viewsPinnerR

what schools did you attend. (n/t) on 19:33 - Jun 28 by qprphil

Fryent Primary 1954 on.
Copland 1960 on. Headmaster Dakin.........

Yep, "Dakin's Dungeon". That horrible little dog of his (Pekinese?) So you were one year ahead of me.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 12:52]
what schools did you attend. on 13:03 - Jun 29 with 1213 viewskingo

Princess Fred Kensal Green
Harvist Road Kensal Rise
Moved and then Dr Challoners Amersham

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

what schools did you attend. on 15:53 - Jun 29 with 1109 viewsMrSheen

what schools did you attend. on 00:07 - Jun 29 by Andybrat

St Lawrence’s Primary ( Feltham)
Gunnersbury School for Boys Chiswick and Brentford

So a good catholic boy with Italian heritage. Any other schools scared of Brentford School for Girls? We were, all of us. Hounslow Bus Station was a war zone sometimes, and I lived in Feltham so you think I might stand a chance.
Gunnersbury was a rugby school, never lost the faith though ( sort of Catholic / QPR joke there)

Gunnersbury - evil local derby for St Benedict's. Never lost one fortunately. Apparently used to be a bit of trouble at parties too, but as I was never invited...
what schools did you attend. on 16:26 - Jun 29 with 1041 viewsqpr_1968

what schools did you attend. on 19:43 - Jun 28 by SalisburyHoop1968

When I was at Quintin Kynaston it was mixed by then. The old Madnesss song of Baggy trousers where it was mentioned back of the head with a plastic cup - i believe came from his time at QK. We had a fantastic head of year- Turkish fella name of Fuad Emin - top bloke. Met him a few years later after leaving said school and he was now a Barrister. Happy days...

when i was in the third year at QK, 1973, we had a history teacher named mr Emin.
he took a group of us kids to see performance starring mick jagger, the film was an x cert,
pretty full on stuff for kids of 13/14 years old, drink, drugs, violence and all kinds of kinky sex in the film, well it was mick jagger.
the cinema was the one on the embankement somewhere, festival something.

anyway, thats how i remembered mr emin, until you mentioned him i'd completely forgot he existed.......thats if its the same person.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

what schools did you attend. on 19:35 - Jun 29 with 918 viewsNorthantsHoop

what schools did you attend. on 15:17 - Jun 28 by Boston

John Higgins is 64 and did get involved in 'property development' at an early age. He came out of Llanover Rd Wembley and our families were very pally. We got on quite well, even though I loved to wind him up as he was so strait-laced, but a decent bloke nevertheless. Last spoke to him about ten years ago at my dads funeral, he was single, still living in the house he grew up in. Was a QPR man back in the day though appearances at games fizzled out when he was a kid. His mother once informed me of a 'fact' which I still enjoy repeating to this day, but I can't say on here as it's about as non pc as you could imagine.

Edit.. that little pub beside the Triangle was called Stallone's when it opened, first time I ever saw beer sold in large (4/5 pint),jugs.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 15:24]

Llanover Road Wembley, lived there from birth to about 3 years old, my parents bought their first maisonette there in the early 1960s.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024