Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what schools did you attend. 23:19 - Jun 26 with 22332 viewsqpr_1968

non qpr.

primary school......oxford gardens
secondary........quintin kynaston.

don't be shy.....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

what schools did you attend. on 11:31 - Jun 28 with 2230 viewsLancashirehoop

Won't mean anything to any of you but;

St Mary's RC Primary Fleetwood
St Joseph's College Blackpool - Run by Irish Christian Brothers who were as tough as Jesuits but just didn't brag about it!
I am remembered at reunions for 3 things - I played the French horn, was a reasonably good cricketer and I supported QPR. Our last reunion was 2 weeks after the Blackpool debacle - so they certainly remembered me this year!!

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

what schools did you attend. on 11:40 - Jun 28 with 2210 viewsActonExile

what schools did you attend. on 22:04 - Jun 27 by SimonJames

Primary: Brevoort Park, Saskatoon, Canada
...followed by Howard Junior School, Kings Lynn

Secondary: King Edward VII, Kings Lynn

BTW we had a lad called Paul Kynaston in our class. I'd never heard of any other use of the surname until the OP posted his school (Quintin Kynaston).
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 22:08]

Maples (Acton)
East Acton primary
Then St Saviours, Ealing
Christchurch, Ealing
But went to collegeat Bircham Newton just outside Kings Lynn and then Norfolk college of Art and Tech in Kings Lynn.
Nothing personal but Kings Lynn has some very strange beings wandering around.

Poll: Wherever QPR end up playing home games in the future, what is most important?

what schools did you attend. on 12:33 - Jun 28 with 2153 viewshovehoop

what schools did you attend. on 22:19 - Jun 27 by Boston

Would you have known John(the horse)Higgins at CM?

There was a John Higgins in my brother in laws class. He'd be about 64 now. After leaving Manning we used to do Friday night pub crawls from a little pub at Wembley Triangle (that sold Newquay Steam beer) to The Century and then on to the Dog and Duck at North Wembley. John was often in The Century and I remember being told he was investing in houses in his early 20's. This has reminded me that there was also an unusual act in The Century involving a lady and very large snake. I was never that comfortable around the snake. John knew my mates older brother.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 11:04]
what schools did you attend. on 13:49 - Jun 28 with 2040 viewsSimonJames

what schools did you attend. on 11:40 - Jun 28 by ActonExile

Maples (Acton)
East Acton primary
Then St Saviours, Ealing
Christchurch, Ealing
But went to collegeat Bircham Newton just outside Kings Lynn and then Norfolk college of Art and Tech in Kings Lynn.
Nothing personal but Kings Lynn has some very strange beings wandering around.

I don't disagree with you, but they were even stranger in Wisbech!

I haven't been back since 1990 so I don't know how much it's changed.

100% of people who drink water will die.

what schools did you attend. on 13:57 - Jun 28 with 2015 viewsconnell10

what schools did you attend. on 23:28 - Jun 27 by Suffolk

Primary: Cherry Lane
Secondary: Townmead

Oh another ex Townmead lad! That was some school! I recall our main rivals were Evelyns we used to beat the crap outta them!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

what schools did you attend. on 15:17 - Jun 28 with 1936 viewsBoston

what schools did you attend. on 12:33 - Jun 28 by hovehoop

There was a John Higgins in my brother in laws class. He'd be about 64 now. After leaving Manning we used to do Friday night pub crawls from a little pub at Wembley Triangle (that sold Newquay Steam beer) to The Century and then on to the Dog and Duck at North Wembley. John was often in The Century and I remember being told he was investing in houses in his early 20's. This has reminded me that there was also an unusual act in The Century involving a lady and very large snake. I was never that comfortable around the snake. John knew my mates older brother.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 11:04]

John Higgins is 64 and did get involved in 'property development' at an early age. He came out of Llanover Rd Wembley and our families were very pally. We got on quite well, even though I loved to wind him up as he was so strait-laced, but a decent bloke nevertheless. Last spoke to him about ten years ago at my dads funeral, he was single, still living in the house he grew up in. Was a QPR man back in the day though appearances at games fizzled out when he was a kid. His mother once informed me of a 'fact' which I still enjoy repeating to this day, but I can't say on here as it's about as non pc as you could imagine.

Edit.. that little pub beside the Triangle was called Stallone's when it opened, first time I ever saw beer sold in large (4/5 pint),jugs.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 15:24]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

what schools did you attend. on 16:42 - Jun 28 with 1833 viewshovehoop

what schools did you attend. on 15:17 - Jun 28 by Boston

John Higgins is 64 and did get involved in 'property development' at an early age. He came out of Llanover Rd Wembley and our families were very pally. We got on quite well, even though I loved to wind him up as he was so strait-laced, but a decent bloke nevertheless. Last spoke to him about ten years ago at my dads funeral, he was single, still living in the house he grew up in. Was a QPR man back in the day though appearances at games fizzled out when he was a kid. His mother once informed me of a 'fact' which I still enjoy repeating to this day, but I can't say on here as it's about as non pc as you could imagine.

Edit.. that little pub beside the Triangle was called Stallone's when it opened, first time I ever saw beer sold in large (4/5 pint),jugs.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 15:24]

Same person then. I'm not sure if John knew what to make of us turning up at The Century. He seemed friendly. But we were maybe 17 or 18 and loud and well on our way from starters in Stallone's. I remember the pub name now you say it but, it also went by another name for a while and that's the one I'm struggling with - I liked it at the time and it was preferable to The Greyhound opposite. I lived near the stadium for about 5 years before leaving home, so was fairly close to Llanover Road. I later moved to Kenton, after which Wembley pub visits were typically limited to having a beer with my fantastic father in law in The Green Man. I've met a few Irish mothers and equally heard lots of things that are hilarious, but that can't be repeated on public forums!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 11:07]
what schools did you attend. on 16:43 - Jun 28 with 1818 viewsBenny_the_Ball

St. Vincent's in Acton followed by Cardinal Vaughan.

Ah, the 207 bus. You'd wait 20 minutes for one and then 3 would come at once.
Login to get fewer ads

what schools did you attend. on 17:34 - Jun 28 with 1747 viewsBoston

what schools did you attend. on 16:42 - Jun 28 by hovehoop

Same person then. I'm not sure if John knew what to make of us turning up at The Century. He seemed friendly. But we were maybe 17 or 18 and loud and well on our way from starters in Stallone's. I remember the pub name now you say it but, it also went by another name for a while and that's the one I'm struggling with - I liked it at the time and it was preferable to The Greyhound opposite. I lived near the stadium for about 5 years before leaving home, so was fairly close to Llanover Road. I later moved to Kenton, after which Wembley pub visits were typically limited to having a beer with my fantastic father in law in The Green Man. I've met a few Irish mothers and equally heard lots of things that are hilarious, but that can't be repeated on public forums!

Hate to be nosy but, who is / was your father-in-law? I ask because I was very familiar with the Green Man crowd.

what schools did you attend. on 17:41 - Jun 28 with 1743 viewswestlondonisRs1882

St Francis Junior School, Latimer Road, Cardinal Manning secondary School, Ladbroke Grove
what schools did you attend. on 17:45 - Jun 28 with 1733 viewsqpr_1968

quite a few manning boys on here, but not so much from the primary school, st charles that was right next door..

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

what schools did you attend. on 17:53 - Jun 28 with 1704 viewshovehoop

what schools did you attend. on 17:34 - Jun 28 by Boston

Hate to be nosy but, who is / was your father-in-law? I ask because I was very familiar with the Green Man crowd.

Jerry. Tall and slim, white hair and glasses. I can't remember the year he died. He was friendly with an Irish couple in there that (from memory) ran a B and B I think and I always found them very nice. The B and B owner man had distinctive white hair too. I'd often join Jerry for a Sunday pint along with 2 of my in laws.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 11:09]
what schools did you attend. on 18:27 - Jun 28 with 1660 viewsParkRoyalR

what schools did you attend. on 17:34 - Jun 28 by Boston

Not to intrude Boston, but as you're mentioning the triangle, thought I'd remember a late fellow R and all-round top bloke Vinny Ryan who was very local to The Green Man (grew up on road opposite),

Used to drink in The Green Man, The Greyhound, The Windermere etc and would have been 58 odd now, RIP Vinny.
what schools did you attend. on 18:31 - Jun 28 with 1661 viewshantssi

what schools did you attend. on 16:42 - Jun 28 by hovehoop

Used to drink in Stallones when it first opened as a mate of mine used to live in Clifton Ave!
Regular haunt was The Century, from about 77 to 83/4, had my stag do in there in 87!
Often used St Joes, the Irish club opposite Wembley arena as they had a VERY liberal view of the licensing laws!
what schools did you attend. on 19:11 - Jun 28 with 1613 viewsCFW

Being out of town you would not know the schools I attended but when I was at school:-

95% of the pupils were not from single parent families - think it is the opposite now.

No one was a vegetarian.

No one even knew what a vegan was.

No one was gluten intolerant.

No one had a nut allergy.

No one had mental health issues apart from one lad who was known as 'Looney'. He was not bullied, in fact the complete opposite we all looked out for him and if anyone stepped over the line they were felt with pronto.

Any problems between pupils were felt with in a fist fight and afterwards all was good.

We all got the cane, slipper more ruler and just took it as being the way things were, moan about it to your dad when you got home and was told you had deserved it.

No one ever did any homework, no one at our school went to university and yet we all have made a living.

Oh how times have changed - for the better??
what schools did you attend. (n/t) on 19:33 - Jun 28 with 1579 viewsqprphil

what schools did you attend. (n/t) on 12:09 - Jun 27 by PinnerR

I was at Copland, 1961-66, after Mora Road infants, Cricklewood and Oakington Manor JMI, Wembley.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2023 12:14]

Fryent Primary 1954 on.
Copland 1960 on. Headmaster Dakin.........
what schools did you attend. on 19:43 - Jun 28 with 1559 viewsSalisburyHoop1968

When I was at Quintin Kynaston it was mixed by then. The old Madnesss song of Baggy trousers where it was mentioned back of the head with a plastic cup - i believe came from his time at QK. We had a fantastic head of year- Turkish fella name of Fuad Emin - top bloke. Met him a few years later after leaving said school and he was now a Barrister. Happy days...
what schools did you attend. on 20:39 - Jun 28 with 1485 viewsBoston

what schools did you attend. on 18:31 - Jun 28 by hantssi

Used to drink in Stallones when it first opened as a mate of mine used to live in Clifton Ave!
Regular haunt was The Century, from about 77 to 83/4, had my stag do in there in 87!
Often used St Joes, the Irish club opposite Wembley arena as they had a VERY liberal view of the licensing laws!

St.Joe's - in Wembley English...The Lighthouse.

what schools did you attend. on 20:47 - Jun 28 with 1466 viewsBoston

what schools did you attend. on 18:27 - Jun 28 by ParkRoyalR

Not to intrude Boston, but as you're mentioning the triangle, thought I'd remember a late fellow R and all-round top bloke Vinny Ryan who was very local to The Green Man (grew up on road opposite),

Used to drink in The Green Man, The Greyhound, The Windermere etc and would have been 58 odd now, RIP Vinny.

There was a bloke by the name Ryan who followed the R's alright, heard the name mentioned on numerous occasions, but I didn't know him.

what schools did you attend. on 21:32 - Jun 28 with 1426 viewsitsbiga

Dittent go to skool, dun got mi ejukashon in reel life.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 21:33]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

what schools did you attend. on 22:02 - Jun 28 with 1380 viewsSuperhoops2808

what schools did you attend. on 13:41 - Jun 27 by BexleyHoop

Alderwood Primary (Eltham SE9)
Hurstmere Secondary (Sidcup, Kent)

Great primary school, awful secondary school teachers. Lucky both schools had great football teams that I enjoyed playing in and was lucky to win trophies with.

I remember Hurstmere school - Just down the road from me, had an awful reputation

Went to Holy Trinity Lamorbey junior (Also in Hurst Road, Sidcup)

Then Dartford Grammar, many old boys such as Mick Jagger, our very own Alec Stock, the late great Charlie Whiting, Min Patel (Cricket - was there with him) and sprinter Adam Gemili
what schools did you attend. on 22:33 - Jun 28 with 1340 viewsSydneyRs

what schools did you attend. on 00:02 - Jun 28 by BrisbaneR

Primary: St Thomas in Fulham. Literally backed onto the graveyard and church of the same name.

Secondary: London Oratory 1980-87 - seem to remember we had to pass an exam to get in and that fees had to be paid, but because Mum & Dad were poor Irish Catholics they were subsidized. Private school without being private? Real mix of posh kids from the leafy suburbs and kids from skint families who happened to go to the right church and had half a brain.

I was from the latter of those two groups and got accepted into the Oratory. Didn't go because we moved house and often wondered what it would have been like. Was it a good experience there?
what schools did you attend. on 22:37 - Jun 28 with 1334 viewsbrad

same as
what schools did you attend. on 22:40 - Jun 28 with 1325 viewsbrad

what schools did you attend. on 17:41 - Jun 28 by westlondonisRs1882

St Francis Junior School, Latimer Road, Cardinal Manning secondary School, Ladbroke Grove

same as you
what schools did you attend. on 22:50 - Jun 28 with 1298 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

what schools did you attend. on 11:30 - Jun 27 by finnranger

Salusbury Primary, NW6.
Hampstead School, NW2.

Same mate!

What year?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024