Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair to Leicester? 10:15 - Aug 15 with 13693 viewssparkey

PLease can they take Willock instead

Chair to Leicester? on 10:20 - Aug 16 with 2369 viewsWatford_Ranger

Chair to Leicester? on 22:28 - Aug 15 by Hoopsie

With 2-5 million being mentioned, i am just surprised it is not at least 10 m or more

He is a fringe Moroccan national team player, played at the last world cup, is an attacking player / playmaker, has good stats for this division, contracted with some years still to go, only 5 m-ish?

At most clubs he’d be a £10m player in today’s market easily but it’s not exactly a secret we’re skint.
Chair to Leicester? on 10:32 - Aug 16 with 2277 viewsMedwayR

Chair to Leicester? on 10:20 - Aug 16 by Watford_Ranger

At most clubs he’d be a £10m player in today’s market easily but it’s not exactly a secret we’re skint.

We'll forever be skint if we don't start getting decent money for our players.

BOS, Manning, Dieng, Dickie all left for well below their 'peak' value for various reasons, we need to get smarter at selling players on.

If we can't get a good price for one of the division's best players, with a decent amount of time left on his contract, then we may as well give up on the development idea.

Poll: Who’s better?

Chair to Leicester? on 10:54 - Aug 16 with 2182 viewsstainrods_elbow

Chair to Leicester? on 10:20 - Aug 16 by Watford_Ranger

Just because we have a management team that's clever enough to amplify our supposed/projected straitened fiscal circs as much as possible (while, some might feel oddly, we throw cup competitions season on season, hire and fire managers on a regular basis to generate multiple eyewatering compensation liabilities, pursue a policy of producing no players at all through our 'development' system that can be sold on for profits (or indeed any money at all), and make no effort to maximise revenue income from LR, preferring instead to talk the ground down to the, uh, ground as often as possible), why should that mean we take a lower-than-market-value bid for a top Championship international player? Chair is under contract, hasn't expressed any desire to leave, and, whatever one or two posters say, we DO hold the cards. If Leicester come knocking, we can, and should, tell them an early offer of £10m is a starting point for negotiations, and see what happens from there. That would mean being a club that does business realistically rather than one run with a permanent inferiority complex and aura of hand-over-fist desperation, however.

If it were me, I would defer any deal until next summer, unless we want to blow a big hole in our season this year and make it harder to secure our Champ status. (Which some at the club may, of course.) It would also be utter foolishness to sell without a skilled and seasoned replacement lined up, though it won't surprise me either if we offload two or even three of Chair, Willock and Field toward the end of the window just to raise everyone's anxieties all over again. Still, I'm sure Uncle is chomping at the bit to cover all bases, and the seething intensity of Richards is waiting in the wings.

If we can retain Chair, somehow reboot Willock, and add two or three quality loans, by contrast, we may have a chance of some semblance of competitiveness. The idea of being a football club is that you get better year by year, give some (head)room to dream, and respect your fanbase. As I've been told, I'm old-fashioned that way.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2023 10:56]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Chair to Leicester? on 12:01 - Aug 16 with 2007 viewskensalriser

Chair to Leicester? on 23:36 - Aug 15 by rbee

Ilias often slows the game down which would not suit teams like Leicester who like to move forward quickly so I would be surprised if he went there and if he did I don't see him being a regular starter.

Maybe he wouldn't slow down the game in a better, pacier team.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chair to Leicester? on 12:08 - Aug 16 with 1953 viewsQPR_John

Chair to Leicester? on 10:32 - Aug 16 by MedwayR

We'll forever be skint if we don't start getting decent money for our players.

BOS, Manning, Dieng, Dickie all left for well below their 'peak' value for various reasons, we need to get smarter at selling players on.

If we can't get a good price for one of the division's best players, with a decent amount of time left on his contract, then we may as well give up on the development idea.

Very true. We are skint so we cannot get the best price for our players and because we cannot get the best price we are skint and so on and so and so on.
Chair to Leicester? on 13:27 - Aug 16 with 1683 viewssystemsguy

Chair to Leicester? on 17:48 - Aug 15 by Lanhoop

If you watch the last couple of minutes of Saturday's Alt Angle it's the interplay with Dykes that's so good.

if you wanted a selling power point presentation for Ilias even Beale the eel couldn't do better....

2024/2025.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Chair to Leicester? on 17:11 - Aug 16 with 1326 viewsdenhamhoop2

Chair to Leicester? on 23:36 - Aug 15 by rbee

Ilias often slows the game down which would not suit teams like Leicester who like to move forward quickly so I would be surprised if he went there and if he did I don't see him being a regular starter.

Think he quite often slows the game down because so few of our players are moving or anticipating wherever he is going to play the ball put him in a better team and with more movement then we might see exactly what he can do
Chair to Leicester? on 17:35 - Aug 16 with 1183 viewsDavieQPR

I could go on X/Twitter now, without any evidence, and put Field is going to Odds and Sods for £2m and some people here would believe it. Twitter is like reading a toilet door.
Login to get fewer ads

Chair to Leicester? on 17:50 - Aug 16 with 1117 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Chair to Leicester? on 17:35 - Aug 16 by DavieQPR

I could go on X/Twitter now, without any evidence, and put Field is going to Odds and Sods for £2m and some people here would believe it. Twitter is like reading a toilet door.

Oh FFS, if we let him join Fulham for that, we need shooting.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024