Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go or Not 11:43 - Oct 12 with 1693 viewspaulparker

Due to fly to sharm el sheikh on Sunday but with what’s happening in the world at the moment the thought of being anywhere near the vicinity of Israel /Palestine is not really filling me with confidence, am I being a negative Nelly and worrying over nothing or do I pack my speedos and just go and enjoy it
Thoughts of the well traveled LFW crew appreciated

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Go or Not on 11:54 - Oct 12 with 1629 viewsrobith

Nothing to worry about. The Raffah border crossing is closed so no one can get out of Gaza into Egypt. Sharm is near Saudi which has been close to a serious deal with the Israeli government regarding recognition - plus Hamas is close to Iran who the Saudis hate. You can never say never, but the possibility of the conflict spilling into Sharm in the next week is minimal.

Obvs nothing is certain, but the FCO advice is it's ok

Go or Not on 12:01 - Oct 12 with 1593 viewslightwaterhoop

Israel and Egypt have a peace treaty so it wont spill over there.I would still go but take the advice of the Foreign Office.Have a good trip.
Go or Not on 12:52 - Oct 12 with 1396 viewsE15Hoop

You can rest assured they'll be doing all they can to make sure tourism isn't disrupted, especially to Sharm.
Go or Not on 12:57 - Oct 12 with 1374 viewsBlackCrowe

Think i'd probably go.

Ah the memories of sleeping in a bamboo beach hut in Dahab, Sinai in the mid-80s.
And coming back to it one night, worse for wear from Sudanese grass, and finding a donkey in the hut eating my rucksack.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Go or Not on 13:10 - Oct 12 with 1321 viewsQPRConor2000

You should be ok to travel, but obviously there is a risk of terrorism, it was only a few days ago some Israelis were killed in Egypt by Hamas.

I would go, but obviously be very vigilant of anything and follow the FCO Travel Advice cause things could change very quickly atm given how the situation is currently unfolding in Israel/Palestine
Go or Not on 13:14 - Oct 12 with 1296 viewsMonkey_Roots

Go, but don't wear the speedos, there's enough turmoil in the Middle East as it is.
Go or Not on 13:20 - Oct 12 with 1265 viewspaulparker

Go or Not on 11:54 - Oct 12 by robith

Nothing to worry about. The Raffah border crossing is closed so no one can get out of Gaza into Egypt. Sharm is near Saudi which has been close to a serious deal with the Israeli government regarding recognition - plus Hamas is close to Iran who the Saudis hate. You can never say never, but the possibility of the conflict spilling into Sharm in the next week is minimal.

Obvs nothing is certain, but the FCO advice is it's ok

Cheers for the info Robith , didn’t know about the Raffah border , I’m probably worrying over nothing TBH

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Go or Not on 13:21 - Oct 12 with 1264 viewsjohncharles

Reports that the Israelis are dropping white Phosphorus on Gaza so check which way the wind is blowing

Strong and stable my arse.

Login to get fewer ads

Go or Not on 14:31 - Oct 12 with 1102 viewsthame_hoops

I would follow what the government advice is.

I had a super holiday in Taba and a few years later in Sharm. The hotels were so luxurious and the staff/people couldn’t do enough for you. When they banned all flights there after the terrorism attack, I felt really sad for all the people that worked there as livelihoods were gone for a long time. I would love to go back, but probably not at the moment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024