Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tube stations Quiz 18:57 - Oct 23 with 10390 viewsNorthernr

Let's be having you then...

79%

https://london.metro-memory.com/

This post has been edited by an administrator
Tube stations Quiz on 22:38 - Oct 23 with 1436 viewsbenhurst

Currently on 72.8, slowly filling in all of the central London ones but the DLR and NE/SE bits of the overground are the big gaps
Tube stations Quiz on 22:39 - Oct 23 with 1434 viewsNorthernr

Tube stations Quiz on 22:18 - Oct 23 by kensalriser

You have to get the order right, eg if it's High St Whatever then Whatever High St isn't accepted, and not all abbreviations work.

It makes me wonder why some stations are

Place East
Place West
Place South

while others are
East Place
West Place
South Place

Who decided which way round it is? How? Why?
Tube stations Quiz on 22:48 - Oct 23 with 1417 viewscolinallcars

Tube stations Quiz on 22:39 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Place East
Place West
Place South

while others are
East Place
West Place
South Place

The famous one is the apostrophe - why Earl's Court with and Barons Court without.
Tube stations Quiz on 22:50 - Oct 23 with 1413 viewsNorthernr

Tube stations Quiz on 22:48 - Oct 23 by colinallcars

The famous one is the apostrophe - why Earl's Court with and Barons Court without.

Well let's not get into Queens Park Rangers and Queen's Park again. Don't go raking over old graves.
Tube stations Quiz on 23:35 - Oct 23 with 1372 viewsJevlar

80.3% - and I really should be heading to bed...
Tube stations Quiz on 00:07 - Oct 24 with 1349 viewskensalriser

85.7% now, I'm obviously a bit more austistic than I thought.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Tube stations Quiz on 00:14 - Oct 24 with 1349 viewsPeterHucker

48.6%
I don't think that's too bad considering I haven't lived in London for 20 and a bit years.

Lived in Shepherds Bush for a long time, also a few years in Queens Park / Kensal Rise.
Worked in various places, at different times the nearest tube stop for my work was Baker Street, Hillingdon, Aldgate East, Finchley Central, Ladbroke Grove, Gunnersbury.

Didn't get many of the overground ones or the Elizabeth line but they weren't in existence when I was living there!

BUT.... some really frustrating ones.....

Couldn't remember any of the 3 stations on the Bakerloo between Queens Park & Paddington, even though I used to do that journey all the time!!
Never got on or off at any of those stations though, so that's my excuse.

Apart from that it was all the stuff out in Zone 3456 that did for me.
Got everything in Zone 1 & 2, except for that one on the Circle / District line between Blackfriars & Cannon Street.
Once again I've never got on or off the tube there. Has anyone?

I was frustrated by the station between Gunnersbury & Richmond.
I must've put in "Kew Bridge" 5 or 6 times before I realised my error.
Tube stations Quiz on 00:45 - Oct 24 with 1317 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Tube stations Quiz on 22:39 - Oct 23 by Northernr

Place East
Place West
Place South

while others are
East Place
West Place
South Place

The airport ones had to be so exact. I thought I was losing it when it didn't accept my initial answers.
Login to get fewer ads

Tube stations Quiz on 00:53 - Oct 24 with 1315 viewsBklynRanger

Isn't this some wiley young TFL graduate trainee getting us to do his next 5 day's work for him? Little shit.
Tube stations Quiz on 01:05 - Oct 24 with 1311 viewsAirtomoreira

Quite happy with 34.7% given that I've never lived nearer London than where I do now (Birmingham)

Thanks for that Clive, I was planning on an early night (and I'll no doubt be dreaming of the Tube Map in my sleep....assuming I manage to nod off)
Tube stations Quiz on 01:34 - Oct 24 with 1301 viewsNewBee

You guys are so weird.

It's all here: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/spcs/media/pprc/conferences/standard-tube-map.pdf
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 1:35]
Tube stations Quiz on 03:50 - Oct 24 with 1281 viewsSydneyRs

Currently just under 50% and productivity for the day gone!

In my defence I have lived in Australia for nearly 25 years.
Tube stations Quiz on 06:34 - Oct 24 with 1243 viewsMalintabuk

When did Ongar stopped being a station? A pitiful 42.8% but going to cheat and take this into work today... a few Palace and Spur fans among the lads will boost it hopefully... as I write Theydon Bois as raided its ugly head.... get innnn
Tube stations Quiz on 08:16 - Oct 24 with 1212 viewsstowmarketrange

Now up to 75.2% and it’s mainly DLR and overground stations missing now.Took most of the night to come up with the top end of the northern line.
Tube stations Quiz on 13:36 - Oct 24 with 1127 viewsandrewf

81.6% and I think I'm done.
Tube stations Quiz on 13:36 - Oct 24 with 1127 viewsSuffolkHoop

Always used to be told that Southgate was the furthest out station fully underground. Is that true (still)?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 13:36]
Tube stations Quiz on 13:40 - Oct 24 with 1123 viewsandrewf

81.6% and I think I'm done.
Tube stations Quiz on 13:42 - Oct 24 with 1120 viewsNorthernr

Tube stations Quiz on 13:36 - Oct 24 by SuffolkHoop

Always used to be told that Southgate was the furthest out station fully underground. Is that true (still)?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 13:36]

That or Hatton Cross surely?
Tube stations Quiz on 13:52 - Oct 24 with 1095 viewsEastR

Tube stations Quiz on 00:14 - Oct 24 by PeterHucker

48.6%
I don't think that's too bad considering I haven't lived in London for 20 and a bit years.

Lived in Shepherds Bush for a long time, also a few years in Queens Park / Kensal Rise.
Worked in various places, at different times the nearest tube stop for my work was Baker Street, Hillingdon, Aldgate East, Finchley Central, Ladbroke Grove, Gunnersbury.

Didn't get many of the overground ones or the Elizabeth line but they weren't in existence when I was living there!

BUT.... some really frustrating ones.....

Couldn't remember any of the 3 stations on the Bakerloo between Queens Park & Paddington, even though I used to do that journey all the time!!
Never got on or off at any of those stations though, so that's my excuse.

Apart from that it was all the stuff out in Zone 3456 that did for me.
Got everything in Zone 1 & 2, except for that one on the Circle / District line between Blackfriars & Cannon Street.
Once again I've never got on or off the tube there. Has anyone?

I was frustrated by the station between Gunnersbury & Richmond.
I must've put in "Kew Bridge" 5 or 6 times before I realised my error.

This bloke got off there

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Tube stations Quiz on 14:05 - Oct 24 with 1071 viewsDannyPaddox

Absorbing and mentally exhausting. By the end I was in a trance channeling random place names I’d never been to but have chiselled their way into my sub-consciousness through decades of absent minded map-gawking riding the tube. Fairlop, Roding Valley, Mudchute. What even goes on at these places? And like Malintabuk above I was a bit miffed by the disappearance of a certain Central Line station to the East. But best not to get too upset, just take a deep breath, count to ten, and don’t look back in Ongar.

😁
Tube stations Quiz on 14:11 - Oct 24 with 1063 viewsNorthernr

Tube stations Quiz on 14:05 - Oct 24 by DannyPaddox

Absorbing and mentally exhausting. By the end I was in a trance channeling random place names I’d never been to but have chiselled their way into my sub-consciousness through decades of absent minded map-gawking riding the tube. Fairlop, Roding Valley, Mudchute. What even goes on at these places? And like Malintabuk above I was a bit miffed by the disappearance of a certain Central Line station to the East. But best not to get too upset, just take a deep breath, count to ten, and don’t look back in Ongar.

😁

Where's your blind spot?

I'm fuming Enfield Lock isn't on there. That's definitely a station because I've ended up drunk there asleep on a train trying to get into the vicinity of Barnet in the middle of the night.
Tube stations Quiz on 14:26 - Oct 24 with 1051 viewsDannyPaddox

Tube stations Quiz on 14:11 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Where's your blind spot?

I'm fuming Enfield Lock isn't on there. That's definitely a station because I've ended up drunk there asleep on a train trying to get into the vicinity of Barnet in the middle of the night.

I typed in Enfield Lock too. I’m sure I took a train from there to Liverpool Street within the past five years. My blind spots were largely anything past Wembley/ Harrow on the Metropolitan Line ie: Metroland, and those inconsequential DLR stops with names like Ptarmigan Quay and Brunel’s Nostril.

The race the tube film - never seen that - fantastic.

Edit: just remembered one of those pissy DLR stations … clue: near airport, royal connection. Edges me up to 85.2%
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 14:33]
Tube stations Quiz on 14:54 - Oct 24 with 1025 viewsstowmarketrange

Tube stations Quiz on 14:11 - Oct 24 by Northernr

Where's your blind spot?

There are two branches of that line up from Liverpool st and Enfield lock is on the branch not featured in this quiz.The other goes up to the west of it and they join up before Cheshunt.That used to be my route to qpr when I lived in Waltham Abbey.
I’m still struggling to remember the last stop on that western branch though.
Tube stations Quiz on 15:02 - Oct 24 with 1015 viewsNewBee

What is the link between South Ealing and Mansion House tube stations?
Tube stations Quiz on 15:02 - Oct 24 with 1018 viewsslmrstid

36.7% so far and 213 stations. Not bad for someone in Leicester who has never lived in London...

Will have to try with Mrs later, she'd enjoy this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024