Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qpr Kpi’s 09:38 - Oct 27 with 2626 viewsQPerthR

I’ve just been looking online as to why we are so rotten and where it starts . Let’s give GA a break for a minute , above all else this will be hurting him as well, you all know that feeling .

Andrew Belk chief scout 3 years 10 months , before this a scout and analyst at least 8 years , what’s he done to warrant the promotion in 2020 and whats he done as the chief since . Keneth Paal seems to be his highlight reel

Gary Karsa Head of Academy Recruitment since 2015 , not bad must be doing a great job you’d think

Who do these two answer too and would they pass your inspection in the last year , let alone the last 5 or 10 years .

I understand that managers would also want their players coming in , but the one consistency lately is the recruitment and surely they would contribute to our first team and more so to the lower grades .

Qpr Kpi’s on 09:56 - Oct 27 with 2521 viewsRangersw12

The whole place needs an overhaul
Qpr Kpi’s on 10:01 - Oct 27 with 2502 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Analysts and scouts are like coaches in that they work for people so we can't really judge their worth.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Qpr Kpi’s on 10:06 - Oct 27 with 2477 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I'm not sure how Kenneth Paal is still getting away with his performances with so few fans calling him out. I think he's been pretty dreadful. Tuesday was obviously poor but I think he gets caught out of position a lot and seems to excitedly over-pursue the ball when he has no chance of winning it leaving an acre in behind him 4/5 times a game. He might not be our biggest problem and all that but I do wonder if he gets targeted by opposition.

I tend to agree about Belk. Perhaps he's being completely ignored but there haven't been any unquestionably great signings since 2020. And if his analysis and algorithms are chucking out Jack Colback and Steve Cook I'd be worried about their credentials.

I think we're still largely signing players via agents coming to us rather than intelligently discovering them. If so - what's the point in Belk?
Qpr Kpi’s on 10:10 - Oct 27 with 2452 viewsTheChef

Qpr Kpi’s on 10:06 - Oct 27 by Padulas_Shampoo

I'm not sure how Kenneth Paal is still getting away with his performances with so few fans calling him out. I think he's been pretty dreadful. Tuesday was obviously poor but I think he gets caught out of position a lot and seems to excitedly over-pursue the ball when he has no chance of winning it leaving an acre in behind him 4/5 times a game. He might not be our biggest problem and all that but I do wonder if he gets targeted by opposition.

I tend to agree about Belk. Perhaps he's being completely ignored but there haven't been any unquestionably great signings since 2020. And if his analysis and algorithms are chucking out Jack Colback and Steve Cook I'd be worried about their credentials.

I think we're still largely signing players via agents coming to us rather than intelligently discovering them. If so - what's the point in Belk?

Fck me Paal has scored three goals this season - surely POTY already?!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Qpr Kpi’s on 10:13 - Oct 27 with 2440 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Qpr Kpi’s on 10:10 - Oct 27 by TheChef

Fck me Paal has scored three goals this season - surely POTY already?!

He might well be player of the year... come to think of it if I had to vote today I might well vote for him.

That doesn't make him not crap though :)
Qpr Kpi’s on 10:19 - Oct 27 with 2422 viewsPhilmyRs

Qpr Kpi’s on 10:01 - Oct 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Analysts and scouts are like coaches in that they work for people so we can't really judge their worth.

Do you mean "We" fans can't really judge their worth? or that because they work for people nobody can judge their worth? Surely, in all parts of a football club, performance needs to be monitored and judgements formed on how people are performing in their roles?

For what it's worth, I agree that us fans, from the outside, are not in the best place to comment on analysts and scout performances, but I think it's a fair summation to say our recruitment has not been very good over a decent chunk of time and it needs to be improved. How to improve it may mean an overhaul of the structure (i.e. Manager has next to zero input on players brought to the club) or it could mean a change in personnel making the decisions/recommendations? or it could be both Structure and personnel changes.
Qpr Kpi’s on 11:22 - Oct 27 with 2280 viewsRangersw12

Totally agree .

He did an awful challenge on the winger on Tuesday then 5 mins later did exactly the same thing giving away the pen
Qpr Kpi’s on 11:26 - Oct 27 with 2272 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Qpr Kpi’s on 10:19 - Oct 27 by PhilmyRs

Do you mean "We" fans can't really judge their worth? or that because they work for people nobody can judge their worth? Surely, in all parts of a football club, performance needs to be monitored and judgements formed on how people are performing in their roles?

For what it's worth, I agree that us fans, from the outside, are not in the best place to comment on analysts and scout performances, but I think it's a fair summation to say our recruitment has not been very good over a decent chunk of time and it needs to be improved. How to improve it may mean an overhaul of the structure (i.e. Manager has next to zero input on players brought to the club) or it could mean a change in personnel making the decisions/recommendations? or it could be both Structure and personnel changes.

Yes, "we" as in the fans.

We don't know if Belk's doing a good job because we don't know if he's being listened to.
He could be spotting superb talent but his recommendations might be constantly ignored.

We might have a coach who's great at coaching forward movement but his philosophy mightn't tie in with the manager's who instead has him coaching long throw-ins.

To a certain degree, I have little sympathy. If they are being ignored, circumvented and/or overruled then these staff, like Ferdinand, need to have enough self-respect to resign.

Meanwhile, this only gets better if the board do the board's job and not the DoF's, if the new DoF signs Belk's players and not Ainsworth's, and if Ainsworth tells his coaches to coach football to the players and not primordial bogball from the land that time forgot.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Qpr Kpi’s on 12:06 - Oct 27 with 2169 viewsderbyhoop

Who found Reggie Cannon?
Or Sam Field, 3 years ago?

Not every signing works out. For any club.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Qpr Kpi’s on 12:10 - Oct 27 with 2146 viewsPhilmyRs

Qpr Kpi’s on 12:06 - Oct 27 by derbyhoop

Who found Reggie Cannon?

Are you suggesting Reggie Cannon is an example of a successful signing? He's played one game. Don't get me wrong, I like what I saw, but worrying when over a long period we're putting forward a guy that's played his first game as evidence of our scouts getting it right.
Qpr Kpi’s on 12:32 - Oct 27 with 2093 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Who found Reggie Cannon?

You give limitless number of monkeys enough typewriters, you will eventually get Romeo and Juliet.

I think with regards to our scouting/analytical monkeys, they've had a shed load of typewriters and aside of a rare paragraph, I'm not seeing the threads of blossoming love in Verona; whereas they sure as hell have laid the foundations for a lot of feuding!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Qpr Kpi’s on 12:34 - Oct 27 with 2087 viewsBoston

Qpr Kpi’s on 12:10 - Oct 27 by PhilmyRs

Are you suggesting Reggie Cannon is an example of a successful signing? He's played one game. Don't get me wrong, I like what I saw, but worrying when over a long period we're putting forward a guy that's played his first game as evidence of our scouts getting it right.

Just give Cannon the ball, he'll do alright.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Qpr Kpi’s on 13:23 - Oct 27 with 1968 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Who found Reggie Cannon?

Oh triffic. So two good signings in three years - one of which has played 1 game.

About time the poor sausage had another promotion and pay rise.

Who was the last player signed for the first team that we made money on? Luke Freeman? And who before him? Granted that's not all on Belk as it's not his fault the club didn't cash in on Bright and Willock but to say our recruitment has been poor over the last 10 years is a massive understatement.
Qpr Kpi’s on 13:36 - Oct 27 with 1886 viewsWegerles_Stairs

We've had Kakay on the right-hand side until West Brom, so Paal looks like Roberto Carlos by comparison.
Qpr Kpi’s on 13:42 - Oct 27 with 1868 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Qpr Kpi’s on 13:36 - Oct 27 by Wegerles_Stairs

We've had Kakay on the right-hand side until West Brom, so Paal looks like Roberto Carlos by comparison.

Haha yes this did run through my mind whilst I was typing!
Qpr Kpi’s on 16:59 - Oct 27 with 1670 viewsstainrods_elbow

Qpr Kpi’s on 11:22 - Oct 27 by Rangersw12

Totally agree .

He did an awful challenge on the winger on Tuesday then 5 mins later did exactly the same thing giving away the pen

He was so reckless, stupid and crude for the pen 'challenge' it's hard to think he wasn't deliberately trying to lose us the game. Ditto the cretinous Dunne. Is it corruption, that they find Ainsworth intolerable, or something else? Whatever the truth is, something is clear rotten in the state of QPR!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Qpr Kpi’s on 17:54 - Oct 27 with 1579 viewsdaveB

Belk and Karsa would have reported to the DOF but now assume they go to Hoos as we haven't replaced les

Hard to judge Belk really as he recommends some good players then we just go with whoever the manager wants
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024