Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next QPR manager - your preference 08:02 - Oct 29 with 12175 viewsHoopsie

Next QPR manager - your preference

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:13 - Oct 29 with 7024 viewsthompsonridd

I'd prefer Eustace but definately not Warnock. He's too old and will only be here for 6 months
Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:19 - Oct 29 with 6936 viewsgazza1

It says a lot about this board when you have over 60% wanting Warnock back.....
Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:38 - Oct 29 with 6836 viewsdigswellhoop

Emma hayes
Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:39 - Oct 29 with 6827 viewshubble

Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:19 - Oct 29 by gazza1

It says a lot about this board when you have over 60% wanting Warnock back.....

Out of interest, what do you think it says?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:41 - Oct 29 with 6801 viewsgazza1

Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:39 - Oct 29 by hubble

Out of interest, what do you think it says?

Limited knowledge of football......apologies but that is what I think.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 8:41]
Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:58 - Oct 29 with 6728 viewsNed_Kennedys

Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:41 - Oct 29 by gazza1

Well tell us with your super extensive knowledge of football who should get the job then.
We’re all ears.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 10:44]
Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:00 - Oct 29 with 6695 viewsBluce_Ree

Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:38 - Oct 29 by digswellhoop

Emma hayes

That'd be unfair on her. Giving her the toughest job in men's football.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:05 - Oct 29 with 6670 viewsBlue_Castello

Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:41 - Oct 29 by gazza1

Ok so the criteria is to find a Manager who can keep us in the Championship so that we can rebuild still in the same division next Summer.

There are plenty of names out there but we need somebody who is immediately available and would accept a contract till the end of the Season, who can hit the ground running and has a CV of making a difference at nearly every club he has managed.

Now Warnock has age against him but he's done it before at our club and shown he has the qualities, if he comes in he will put his arm around Willock in the same way he did Taraabt and coach him to get him back to his best, that's a bonus for starters.
Login to get fewer ads

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:13 - Oct 29 with 6598 viewsFDC

We need a DoF with a plan and vision for rebuilding the club, with time to identify and appoint the appropriate manager to that plan.

We don't have any of those things, and need points desperately if we're to avoid a disastrous relegation. That being the case Warnock is the obvious appointment. If he can miraculously keep us up we can then hopefully return to the question of a DoF and a complete overhaul. Of course that assumes that warnock would accept a short term contract... Just as likely that we appoint someone on a long term contract who then finds themselves at odds with a future DoF, which would be a very stupid and problematic position for the club to be in, and very QPR
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 9:15]
Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:19 - Oct 29 with 6550 viewsWestway

Warnock until the end of the season.

Then Warburton director of football with Eustace the manager.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:21 - Oct 29 with 6506 viewsgazza1

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:05 - Oct 29 by Blue_Castello

Ok so the criteria is to find a Manager who can keep us in the Championship so that we can rebuild still in the same division next Summer.

There are plenty of names out there but we need somebody who is immediately available and would accept a contract till the end of the Season, who can hit the ground running and has a CV of making a difference at nearly every club he has managed.

Now Warnock has age against him but he's done it before at our club and shown he has the qualities, if he comes in he will put his arm around Willock in the same way he did Taraabt and coach him to get him back to his best, that's a bonus for starters.

I agree that the priority is to keep us in the Championship BUT it is not just about that, we need to look at the future years.

Why a contract until the end of the season??? Obviously we need someone who is going to come into the club and sort out many things....hit the ground running as you say.

Why do you think he is able to sort out some of the players, Willock, Richards for example....others have not and I would have expected GA to have done that as a priority. Don't forget NW had several aged players whom he knew working with him like, Hill, like Derry and GK that were there to help him get players in order - don't think that NW done it on his own.

Why would you want a 70 year old manager running the team?? etc. It is proper hard work that is needed and very difficult for a 70 year old to work 7 days a week if required.

I hope the Management team do not appoint NW, 100%.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:24 - Oct 29 with 6475 viewsgazza1

Next QPR manager - your preference on 08:58 - Oct 29 by Ned_Kennedys

Well tell us with your super extensive knowledge of football who should get the job then.
We’re all ears.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 10:44]

Thanks for the compliment. From the ones being discussed.......I would have Rowett but I am sure there are others out there.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:26 - Oct 29 with 6482 viewsRangersw12

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:21 - Oct 29 by gazza1

I agree that the priority is to keep us in the Championship BUT it is not just about that, we need to look at the future years.

Why a contract until the end of the season??? Obviously we need someone who is going to come into the club and sort out many things....hit the ground running as you say.

Why do you think he is able to sort out some of the players, Willock, Richards for example....others have not and I would have expected GA to have done that as a priority. Don't forget NW had several aged players whom he knew working with him like, Hill, like Derry and GK that were there to help him get players in order - don't think that NW done it on his own.

Why would you want a 70 year old manager running the team?? etc. It is proper hard work that is needed and very difficult for a 70 year old to work 7 days a week if required.

I agree that we should be looking to the future but my thinking is we don't want to ruin a younger manger with these set of players so makes sense to get Warnock in till the summer then the new guy someone like Liam Manning with a DOF can make major changes in the summer

Out of interest who would you appoint?
Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:31 - Oct 29 with 6454 viewsdmm

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:19 - Oct 29 by Westway

Warnock until the end of the season.

Then Warburton director of football with Eustace the manager.

Warburton may still be available next summer but I'd be very surprised if Eustace was. Eustace's reputation has risen. But also, there has to be a question mark over whether either would want to come back to QPR.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:35 - Oct 29 with 6427 viewsOakR

I would love them to appoint someone I knew nothing, or very little about. Something that showed some real thorough research, some planning behind the scenes with a view to the long-term.

What will happen is they will sit round a desk. Someone will suggest Warnock, someone Rowett etc, after a 20 minute discussion they will choose someone (assume this has already happened and all agreed) and another I'll thought appointment will be made.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:35 - Oct 29 with 6415 viewsgazza1

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:26 - Oct 29 by Rangersw12

I agree that we should be looking to the future but my thinking is we don't want to ruin a younger manger with these set of players so makes sense to get Warnock in till the summer then the new guy someone like Liam Manning with a DOF can make major changes in the summer

No sense in Warnock IMO......

Of the ones being discussed I would go for Rowett.

I did like Warburton but there were issues at the end of his reign which I did not like, Eustace is unknown and never excited me. NW appointment would be a farce and if the Board appoint hi then our suffering will continue and we are looking no further than the end of our noses!!!!!!
Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:51 - Oct 29 with 6325 viewsBlue_Castello

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:35 - Oct 29 by OakR

I would love them to appoint someone I knew nothing, or very little about. Something that showed some real thorough research, some planning behind the scenes with a view to the long-term.

What will happen is they will sit round a desk. Someone will suggest Warnock, someone Rowett etc, after a 20 minute discussion they will choose someone (assume this has already happened and all agreed) and another I'll thought appointment will be made.

We don't have time for an extensive recruitment process, getting people to apply for the job and seeing all the candidates, that is how we ended up with the Judas that was Beale.

We need somebody immediately to be appointed next week and my guess is that they have already approached somebody last week, you don't advertise all your actions.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:58 - Oct 29 with 6281 viewsgazza1

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:26 - Oct 29 by Rangersw12

I would have Rowett but I am sure there are others out there.....I would not have a short term guy like NW.

In saying that I was OK with Warburton (I would like to know what went wrong there), Beale (treated the club and supporters like a bunch of CXXXXs in the end) , Critchon (Just did not work out so he had to go) but look what happened with them. GA should never have been appointed!!! It a guessing game really.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:59 - Oct 29 with 6274 viewstraininvain

Next QPR manager - your preference on 09:21 - Oct 29 by gazza1

The same Gary Rowett who Millwall fans complained about his style of football. Another manager unsuited to our squad and getting the best out of the likes of Chair and Willock. Big mistake.

Warnock was 70+ last year when he kept Huddersfield up and likewise the season before with Rotherham. Roy Hodgson another 70+ year old parachuted into the Palace job and steadied the ship for them.

Granted it’s not an ideal situation and I agree that we need to look to the future at some point but the immediate priority is survival and we can appoint a longer term manager in the summer.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:03 - Oct 29 with 6247 viewsbaz_qpr

I posted this on another thread that got lost. We are to quick to start with names think we have to start with basic requirements and then find the closest fit. If I was making the choice these would be mine.

1. Has managed or been a number 2 / Coach at a high level with previous success in the last 3-4 years i.e Championship or Prem or oversees

2. Will be the right appointment and be supported through next season so if he keeps up, amazing but if we go down will also be the right manager to rebuild

3. Is a good man manager that will not look to ostracise but work with the talents that are available

4. Can coach or will bring a coach who can gain an advantage with set pieces

5. Is not a PR appointment

I think a short term appointment would be the wrong way to go
Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:10 - Oct 29 with 6207 viewsBlue_Castello

Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:03 - Oct 29 by baz_qpr

I posted this on another thread that got lost. We are to quick to start with names think we have to start with basic requirements and then find the closest fit. If I was making the choice these would be mine.

1. Has managed or been a number 2 / Coach at a high level with previous success in the last 3-4 years i.e Championship or Prem or oversees

2. Will be the right appointment and be supported through next season so if he keeps up, amazing but if we go down will also be the right manager to rebuild

3. Is a good man manager that will not look to ostracise but work with the talents that are available

Can't disagree with any of that but to do that correctly will take weeks, we don't have the time or the knowledge at recruitment level to get all those things sorted.

We need somebody in next week .......
Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:12 - Oct 29 with 6186 viewsHammersmithR

Clubs like Brentford and Brighton are always prepared for when their manager leaves. They have a list of candidates they know they want to interview and ideally who they want. Quite often someone many of us have never heard of. We will just look at a list of who’s out of work from the Championship. There’s just such a little forward thinking at our club. None of those names inspire me to be honest.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:27 - Oct 29 with 6111 viewsBlue_Castello

Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:12 - Oct 29 by HammersmithR

Clubs like Brentford and Brighton are always prepared for when their manager leaves. They have a list of candidates they know they want to interview and ideally who they want. Quite often someone many of us have never heard of. We will just look at a list of who’s out of work from the Championship. There’s just such a little forward thinking at our club. None of those names inspire me to be honest.

Trouble is we're not Brentford or Brighton and we have to deal with the situation that exists, that requires us to appoint somebody next week, Brentfords last mangerial change was to appoint Dean Smiths assistant as their new manager and even though he's an annoying bu**er he's done a good job.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 10:31]
Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:57 - Oct 29 with 5935 viewsNed_Kennedys

Re point 1 which high level successful manager/coach is going to be keen to come to a club who are favourites for relegation with no money to spend?

Can’t see a high level manager fancying League One next year, and a high level coach/assistant manager would be taking a huge gamble on us as their first manager job as relegation and a poor start the following season would more than likely lead to the sack and a struggle for a second chance in the top job.

QPR’s squad is a mess: a mixture of talented players way below their best, promising youngsters with a lot to learn and older injury prone journeymen. It takes a special talent to get the best out of this lot and get them believing and winning again quickly and Neil Warnock ticks that box more than anyone else and will give us a fighting chance of saving this season.
Next QPR manager - your preference on 10:59 - Oct 29 with 5928 viewsNorthernr

It would depend how you used the time between now and the summer. Do we have faith we'd use that time smartly?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024