Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis 18:42 - Jan 17 with 7089 viewsNorthernr

Andrew Scherer returns to crunch the numbers on the improvement (or otherwise) under Marti Cifuentes and whether it will be enough to keep QPR in the Championship.

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis 17th Jan 2024 18:41
Are QPR an improving team under Marti Cifuentes with a revival just around the corner, or is there worse still yet to come? Columnist Andrew Scherer is back for a second crack at digging into the numbers for a data-based look at just exactly how slim QPR’s chances of survival are. 9

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 14:48 - Jan 18 with 1058 viewsderbyhoop

One positive from the article. In recent weeks, I.e. since Marti, we're performing more like a oiwer mid table team.
Would that be enough? unlikely.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 14:56 - Jan 18 with 1056 viewsqprninja

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 08:52 - Jan 18 by Northernr

Same mate. We had a discussion about bringing things like that onto the site, because it's obviously all the rage atm and I find it interesting but then I think LFW is more about the fan experience - long drawn out stories about trying to get a train to Huddersfield and cock jokes - and as soon as you start straying into pretending you actually know anything about it you can look like a right twt. Luckily around the same time we saw Dan and Andrew doing this sort of thing on Twitter and absolutely loved the tone of it which fitted well, and the Patreon means we can actually go out and get people like that now so it's worked well I think/hope.

Nice to have occasionally, but it shouldn't be prioritised above the reports on your surreal trips to Blackpool and graphic sexual imagery please.
Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 15:29 - Jan 18 with 986 viewsParkRoyalR

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 14:35 - Jan 18 by Northernr

Like I say, I think you're just shuffling deckchairs around.

For all the analysis, and very good it is too, this is all a product of very deep seated problem with culture, attitude, standards, leadership, absenteeism, blame rather than responsibility, and it's been going on here for a long time now. It's why results don't improve for another new manager, or another six signings. And it's why it really won't make a lot of difference whether we play Chair in the middle, wide, or in goal.

I know you're right but I'm a bit there's always an opportunity to improve, who saw that dominant performance at Preston coming from this group?

Standards / professionalism wise at this club, rightly or wrongly, I thought losing Warburton was a big hit, maybe Ramsey leaving will tune up a few coasters,

Formation & player selection-wise, I think Marti has now completed his learning curve as even great Coach's need to learn a new group of players and make mistakes (JCS & Kolli marking in the 6 yard box, that's a never for me etc) and he's now got the best players on the pitch in the right formation,

Two further small tweaks with a returning Cook as Captain and Chair in a free role (1 goal every 11 games from current position!) and I still have hope we can stay in this Division this season to give Marti a pre-season to clear the decks.
Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 15:31 - Jan 18 with 979 viewsQPunkR

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 14:35 - Jan 18 by Northernr

For all the analysis, and very good it is too, this is all a product of very deep seated problem with culture, attitude, standards, leadership, absenteeism, blame rather than responsibility, and it's been going on here for a long time now. It's why results don't improve for another new manager, or another six signings. And it's why it really won't make a lot of difference whether we play Chair in the middle, wide, or in goal.

I dunno, he might make more saves per game than Begovic?

QPR - "shit but local"

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 15:35 - Jan 18 with 974 viewskensalriser

Yeah, I think this is it. I still think that individually this squad, at least the best 12, is a bit better ability wise than the 2000/01 squad, but the whole is less than the sum of the parts. There's a malaise and lack of morale that's very difficult to address.

That said, I felt obliged to check that squad - Maddix, Murray, Peacock, Kiwomya, Carlisle, Langley and Crouch would surely be starters today.

QPR and Huddersfield went down on 40 and 48 points respectively that season. I reckon the odds for a repeat would be surprisingly low!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 15:45 - Jan 18 with 944 viewsTheChef

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 14:48 - Jan 18 by derbyhoop

One positive from the article. In recent weeks, I.e. since Marti, we're performing more like a oiwer mid table team.
Would that be enough? unlikely.

Might work out if we had thirty games left, rather than nineteen.

And re Smyth starting I do like the idea but I really think he has more impact off the bench when the oppo is starting to tire. And there lies the issue in that a lot of our players can't deliver consistently over ninety minutes, which is why we are where we are.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 16:46 - Jan 18 with 822 viewsdavman

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 21:09 - Jan 17 by joolsyp

Fascinating read Andrew. Perhaps Mr Nourry is looking for a number 2?

If he's looking for a number 2, he should not have to look very hard at our club. Absolutely teeming with number 2s as far as the eye can see.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 05:34 - Jan 19 with 595 viewsFDC

Currently playing around with Microsoft Co-pilot (not hugely impressed so far), asked it summarise this report and provide an action plan. This is what it said:

The web page is a report on the performance of Queens Park Rangers (QPR) in the 2023/24 season, written by a fan. The report analyzes the statistics and trends of QPR's results, goals, shots, possession, passes, tackles, fouls and cards. The report compares QPR's performance with the previous season and with other teams in the Championship. The report also evaluates the impact of the manager, players and injuries on QPR's performance. The report concludes that QPR have improved in some areas, but still have many weaknesses and challenges to overcome. The report suggests that QPR need to be more consistent, more clinical, more creative and more disciplined to achieve their goals.

An action plan for QPR based on the report could be:

- Strengthen the defense by signing a reliable center-back and a versatile full-back in the January transfer window.
- Improve the midfield balance by finding a partner for Colback who can provide both defensive cover and attacking support.
- Increase the goal threat by giving more opportunities to Armstrong and Spence, who have shown promise and potential.
- Reduce the number of fouls and cards by implementing a stricter disciplinary policy and providing more coaching on how to avoid unnecessary challenges.
- Boost the team morale and confidence by creating a positive atmosphere in the dressing room and on the pitch, and by rewarding good performances and efforts.

We have some anonymous players in the team at the moment, but Spence takes the cake
Login to get fewer ads

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 06:35 - Jan 19 with 573 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 05:34 - Jan 19 by FDC

Currently playing around with Microsoft Co-pilot (not hugely impressed so far), asked it summarise this report and provide an action plan. This is what it said:

The web page is a report on the performance of Queens Park Rangers (QPR) in the 2023/24 season, written by a fan. The report analyzes the statistics and trends of QPR's results, goals, shots, possession, passes, tackles, fouls and cards. The report compares QPR's performance with the previous season and with other teams in the Championship. The report also evaluates the impact of the manager, players and injuries on QPR's performance. The report concludes that QPR have improved in some areas, but still have many weaknesses and challenges to overcome. The report suggests that QPR need to be more consistent, more clinical, more creative and more disciplined to achieve their goals.

An action plan for QPR based on the report could be:

- Strengthen the defense by signing a reliable center-back and a versatile full-back in the January transfer window.
- Improve the midfield balance by finding a partner for Colback who can provide both defensive cover and attacking support.
- Increase the goal threat by giving more opportunities to Armstrong and Spence, who have shown promise and potential.
- Reduce the number of fouls and cards by implementing a stricter disciplinary policy and providing more coaching on how to avoid unnecessary challenges.
- Boost the team morale and confidence by creating a positive atmosphere in the dressing room and on the pitch, and by rewarding good performances and efforts.

We have some anonymous players in the team at the moment, but Spence takes the cake

Louie Spence would bring some much needed flair.
Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis on 07:26 - Jan 19 with 553 viewsFDC

Speaking of Spencers...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024