Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liked Anderson 17:33 - Feb 10 with 7143 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought Anderson looked a bit of class when he came on, lovely cross for Frey equaliser, who took that well. Overall good performance today, always feel if we get ahead won't lose and so it proved.
Liked Anderson on 07:25 - Feb 11 with 2207 viewsnix

Liked Anderson on 19:51 - Feb 10 by Hunterhoop

I think he can (and does) do it better than Colback.

More tackles than anyone in the league last year or the year before. You don’t do that by just sitting.

Colback also sold himself many times (6 by my count). We can’t afford that.

Colback has his upsides. I think was positive about his signing. I still think he’s decent.

I just think people hugely undervalue Field off the ball. Goals conceded in open play under Marti, with him on the pitch? It’s like 1 in the 2. It’s higher when he isn’t there.

I agree. I’d prefer Sam against the better sides that slice through our middle: Colback always seems to be that beat behind and is chasing their midfielders back towards our goal rather than shepherding them away from it or definitively making the tackle. Sometimes he manages to get back enough to tackle from the side but that’s always a risk. So I’d start Sam against the better sides and then maybe have Colback coming on later in the game. He certainly looks better pushing forward than Sam and has also got us some vital goals that Sam just doesn’t seem to be able to achieve. It’s a shame because he’s got brilliant positioning in the box, the ball so often comes to him from crosses, rebounds etc. but he just can’t shoot accurately or firmly enough or pass quickly enough under pressure to someone who can.

I haven’t seen enough of Hayden but it may be that if Sam is playing he might be the player to start more attacks while Sam sits back more.

I’d like to see Clarke Salter occasionally coming forward while Sam sits back the way Dickie did when going through his purple patch. He’s definitely got passing skills and some pace. The good sides seem to bring their defenders a bit higher up than we do creating more space for attackers higher up the pitch.
Liked Anderson on 09:03 - Feb 11 with 1981 viewslassel

Andersen is like Johansson when he first arrived, legs are clearly not what they were but you can see the touch of class that shows they’ve played international football.

He also does what this team have been criminally guilty of not doing all season which is 1. Turn and run at defences, 2. Be on the move constantly and 3. Get it in the box quickly.

Him and Frey have quite clearly seen the obvious - this is the Championship, not the Champions League. Even the best teams are not that good and defences are always terrified of opposition players who are on their toes.
Liked Anderson on 09:28 - Feb 11 with 1875 viewsBlue_Castello

Liked Anderson on 22:00 - Feb 10 by Burnleyhoop

Field has no offensive strengths whatsoever and shielding the defence along with playing sideways and backwards passes has contributed to our non existing attacking intent over the last 12 months.
Dozzell beside him just compounded the problem.

Personally, I prefer Colback. Good engine, tenacious and has now contributed 4 goals from midfield. Both prone to stupid yellow cards so will no doubt share the midfield enforcer duties.

Hodge and Anderson both look quality and are likely to displace Dykes and Willock.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game today and look forward to watching us for the rest of the season. Bizarre how things have shifted almost overnight, loving it.

Colback had a good game yesterday and I agree with you on that performance Field will struggle to get back in the team immediately, that first goal would never have been scored with either Field or Dozzell in the team, they wouldn't have been in the position and as for finishing chances make up your own mind.

When you watch the replay of the Norwich first goal you can start pointing fingers at Colback because he was the first one to spot what was happening and so tried to close down McLean but didn't get close enough, it was a well worked routine by Norwich which we should of defended better both Paal and Chair were also trying to get to McLean.

At the start of the season I thought there were big question marks over Colback it looked as if he either didn't have the appetite or fitness but in the last month he's shown his real qualities and his energy and enthusiasm to get results.

Big decision for Marti to make on selection now let's wait and see who the manager selects as first choice, he's a good coach and it's a tricky decision because I've always liked Field, he has been one of the only players we could rely on to give added bite and defensive qualities to our midfield.
[Post edited 11 Feb 9:37]
Liked Anderson on 10:24 - Feb 11 with 1774 viewsfrancisbowles

Liked Anderson on 22:13 - Feb 10 by BklynRanger

Andersen also had a pleasingly madcap approach to the physical requirements - launched himself into one tackle on the Ellerslie side, shoved somebody in the back on the LR side. Seemed to enjoy himself. He'll be twisting nipples next week.

Mmm, that attempted tackle. Didn't look good from the SA Road. If he had connected, 'it would have killed him to death!' (in Clivespeak).
Looked like it would have been a scissors action and probable red card.
Understand and love the enthusiasm but............
Liked Anderson on 10:28 - Feb 11 with 1738 viewsBklynRanger

Liked Anderson on 10:24 - Feb 11 by francisbowles

Mmm, that attempted tackle. Didn't look good from the SA Road. If he had connected, 'it would have killed him to death!' (in Clivespeak).
Looked like it would have been a scissors action and probable red card.
Understand and love the enthusiasm but............

Agree he got away with one there - I just liked how he put himself into things but point taken
Liked Anderson on 11:50 - Feb 11 with 1543 viewsDavieQPR

The midfield will depend on whether MC thinks Hayden can play three games in a week or needs to be monitored.
Liked Anderson on 12:34 - Feb 11 with 1418 viewsOldPedro

Liked Anderson on 11:50 - Feb 11 by DavieQPR

The midfield will depend on whether MC thinks Hayden can play three games in a week or needs to be monitored.

I would guess that Hayden will start for one of the next 2 and come off and then be a sub for the other game and come on in the second half. Could be the same for Hodge maybe.

Also with Field back after suspension, it gives us more options.

I think Anderson and Frey will be subs for a few more games.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Liked Anderson on 13:39 - Feb 11 with 1296 viewsHooping_Mad

He took us up a level, along with Hayden and Colback improving too. First time this season we've looked like a championship team imho.

The signing reminded me of Steph so fingers crossed we keep him fit.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Login to get fewer ads

Liked Anderson on 13:41 - Feb 11 with 1285 viewsNorthernr

Liked Anderson on 13:39 - Feb 11 by Hooping_Mad

He took us up a level, along with Hayden and Colback improving too. First time this season we've looked like a championship team imho.

The signing reminded me of Steph so fingers crossed we keep him fit.

I thought the same - first time this season the team has looked like it belonged at this level. The midfield was just absolutely different gear to what's gone before.
Liked Anderson on 16:10 - Feb 11 with 1046 viewssdm1508

I think also we might now see a bit more how Marti wants us to play. Maybe so far his plan has been diluted by 1) the skill of the players he has at his disposal and 2) the type of players he has.

Frey might not be mobile but he has shown good movement in the box and good link up play.
I think Marti like his midfield to be technically proficient but also mobile and energised. Hopefully these new additions who on the most part are experienced (apart from Hodge) will help bring our other players up a level. Andersen whilst not quick always found space and time, just by looking around him before the ball arrived and constantly moving. Simple things done well. Let's hope players like Chair who obviously has talent might see that you don't need to beat the same man 3 times when a simple pass can take multiple players out the game
Liked Anderson on 16:18 - Feb 11 with 996 viewsBAWHoops

He looked class on the ball, iffy without it. Tried a few challenges that were from the Paul Scholes school of midfield tackling.

I imagine he will be very useful when we play teams that sit deeper and allow us to push onto them and try break them down as he will be able to deliver that extra pass with his vision.
When we need to dig in and stay in shape I'm not sure he will be the man.

brief cameo reminded me a little of Buzsaky

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Liked Anderson on 21:05 - Feb 11 with 753 viewsLogman

I'm worried the neither he nor Frey look like that have significant pace. That can be such a stumbling block in the Championship.

That said, I'm pleased to see Marti deploying Armstrong up front for his pace and to me it looks like Chair has gained a yard of pace as well as he is now taking full backs on. If he has gained some pace then he has done terrificly well to do so.
Liked Anderson on 21:25 - Feb 11 with 684 viewsgazza1

Liked Anderson on 06:27 - Feb 11 by WatfordR

I see gazza hasn't been on here yet

Everybody has their own views, I respect Hunter's views but I do not agree this time.

In saying that I would have Colback ahead of Field in many situations and games. I know Fields assets and also his failures. I like Field a lot, he is a good pro and a good team player and does a lot of good negative(defensive) things but offensively he is very poor indeed. His forward passes are virtually never happening. Colback gives us a lot more and the key thing is that he has scored 4 times this season, Field has zero I believe despite having some very reasonable opportunities. MC will pick Colback ahead of Field most times and games and so would I.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024