Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Field 07:23 - Mar 7 with 3555 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Has never hidden during the past 18months of absolute dross, sometimes carrying the midfield on his own so thoroughly deserved his goals last night.
Great to see him getting into the box and finishing chances.

Well played, sir.
Field on 11:47 - Mar 8 with 471 viewsGaryBannister86

Field on 19:45 - Mar 7 by NorthantsHoop

Give him a new contract asap.

But don't tell anyone, especially us.
Field on 12:22 - Mar 8 with 388 viewsswisscottage

I was saying to my brother the other week when he was suspended and both Colback and Hayden played well that I didn't see how he got back in the side because he didn't offer the ability to receive, turn and distribute the ball.

Wednesday, Field made me eat those words, and I'm so happy that he did, as it is difficult to find a more likeable player in that team.

Not only did he put to bed any ghosts from his misses earlier in the season, but he was picking up turning and distributing the ball in a way I've rarely seen from him on those occasions he did go deeper..

We've now got genuine competition for those midfield positions, and options to play with a 3 , or a 2-1, or a 1-2, or a 1-2-1.
[Post edited 8 Mar 12:23]
Field on 13:08 - Mar 8 with 306 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Field on 07:53 - Mar 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Delighted for him.

He's been off form for a while and I worried that he'd never make it at defensive midfield in a Cifuentes team as he clearly does not want the ball there, pointing always for it to go left or right as long as it's not to him.

The move further forward has helped him, though. Not as much pressure there in terms of receiving and playing quickly and under pressure.

Just like Jimmy Dunne sitting on the bench regardless of injuries or suspension watching other players do well in your spot is serious motivation .
Having Field playing here not only helps with shots and goals but should cut down on his yellow cards knowing there are players ready to make covering tackles.
Too many times Sam had to sacrafice himselk knowing a breakaway might mean a goal .
Seems like a good person all around and a credit to our club
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024