Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report 21:38 - Mar 7 with 5605 viewsNorthernr

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report 7th Mar 2024 21:21
On a night when we came together to remember Stan Bowles, QPR served up a classic and controversial cliffhanger that played to the finest entertainer traditions of the club and its greatest ever player. 15

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 10:15 - Mar 8 with 1203 viewsTheChef

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 22:08 - Mar 7 by mart_Goblin

I’d forgotten about the ref stopping Frey from taking a throw to send one of our players clear because …….only Eltringham knows!!
I do wonder if the fitness of these refs is a problem . It’s understandable as these games are played at such a pace but they seem to do ok (ish) for an hour then they unravel into a world of shit week in week out. He lost control of everything towards the end last night .

Great write up. I don’t remember LR as electric as that since maybe that run in under Hughes and the Liverpool game in particular.

It’s was just wonderful to part of as you say.
And we didn’t even win!!! Madness

Hmmm might be on to something there, especially EFL refs who I expect are not as fit as Prem refs. Physical fatigue leads to mental fatigue which I suppose can result in the kind of tombola decision making we saw in the second half on Wednesday night.

Lovely stuff as ever Clive, cheers.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 10:39 - Mar 8 with 1139 viewsterryb

Thanks Clive. A superb report to go along with a superb performance.

"Eight months with him, cumulating in a pathetically insipid 2-0 defeat at West Bromwich Albion, had me eating my words – you cannot inflict football like that on this club and these supporters. Four months with Cifuentes, culminating in this return fixture with West Brom, has me reversing my position entirely – there absolutely is, and it’s here in the room with us now. "

I didn't have the words to articulate at the time what was the Rangers way, but now I would just have to show the 90 plus minutes of this game to do the talking for me!
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 10:45 - Mar 8 with 1123 viewsAndybrat

What an evening, what a game, me like all those around me in the Stan stand thought it was an amazing save. I swear I saw the keepers gloves push it over, no sympathy for the ref as he and Lino closer than me. So Sam Field played further ahead of Hayden and scores 2 goals, whereas normally Colback plays further forward of the CM’s. Suspect Colback on the bench tomorrow.

Clive can so feel the passion in your right up, never seen so many grown men and women crying at a match ( maybe cup final 82). Your report sums it perfectly because I was speechless at the end.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 11:41 - Mar 8 with 1010 viewslangtoft

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 08:15 - Mar 8 by Tonto

A thought on the non penalty/play on just before Foelds first goal...

I thought Frey went down in Installments, too BUT... why did Palmer need extensive surgery on his head if he hadn't caught Freys heal? Maybe we are doing Frey a disservice?

Thankfully it doesn't matter...

On first watch I thought it was the most poorly executed of dives. But agree, having seen the replay (a few times ;-) ) keeper caught Freys heel with his head. I have no idea whether that constitutes a penalty but it does vindicate Frey (& exclude him from the Olympic diving squad)

No matter, as you say, but another twist in a quite emotional and incredible night!

Oh and yes another exceptional report Clive! thank you
[Post edited 8 Mar 11:42]
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 12:33 - Mar 8 with 887 views89_50

I fully subscribe to all of the drag-backs and Cruyff turns from Jimidine Zidunne.

He deserves a hell of a lot of credit for knuckling down and taking his opportunity after 18 months of horrific form.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 12:43 - Mar 8 with 862 viewsE15Hoop

"We've got our Rangers back! We've got our Rangers back..."

(Repeat very loudly and incessantly until breathing becomes completely impossible)
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 12:53 - Mar 8 with 825 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 08:15 - Mar 8 by Tonto

A thought on the non penalty/play on just before Foelds first goal...

I thought Frey went down in Installments, too BUT... why did Palmer need extensive surgery on his head if he hadn't caught Freys heal? Maybe we are doing Frey a disservice?

Thankfully it doesn't matter...

My first reaction was penalty to be honest but there was zero chance he was getting it regardless of the bandage required. Fair play to Anderson and field showing serious instinct to deliver .Field was in no position to avoid the love from the QPR players lying on his back trapped in the net
On our equalizer I think the ball hit a WBA arm/hand on the way in so thank Christ he did not deflect it away otherwise the ref probably would have not given anything.
Will the ref admit his mistake of not seeing the handball on his match report and if so is there any way of a retro ban for the WBA defender .
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 13:36 - Mar 8 with 742 viewsterryb

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 12:53 - Mar 8 by CLAREMAN1995

My first reaction was penalty to be honest but there was zero chance he was getting it regardless of the bandage required. Fair play to Anderson and field showing serious instinct to deliver .Field was in no position to avoid the love from the QPR players lying on his back trapped in the net
On our equalizer I think the ball hit a WBA arm/hand on the way in so thank Christ he did not deflect it away otherwise the ref probably would have not given anything.
Will the ref admit his mistake of not seeing the handball on his match report and if so is there any way of a retro ban for the WBA defender .

There is zero chance of any retrospective action against the player. I think it was also him that the ball struck when we equallised, but I don't think that could have been deemed as deliberate.
Login to get fewer ads

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 15:43 - Mar 8 with 607 viewsQPROslo

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 13:36 - Mar 8 by terryb

There is zero chance of any retrospective action against the player. I think it was also him that the ball struck when we equallised, but I don't think that could have been deemed as deliberate.

I think I there should be retroactive action against Kipre. Looks like he has previous from a clip I saw somewhere. If no action can be taken it means he and other cheats can do similar again knowing there is a good chance of getting away with it where there is no VAR.

Regarding the no penalty award in front of Field's first goal - didn't we get lucky the Ref didn't blow his whistle for one before Field scored? We would quite likely have missed the pen. Not sure if the Officials can play advantage in a situation like that?
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 15:48 - Mar 8 with 595 viewsNorthernr

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 15:43 - Mar 8 by QPROslo

I think I there should be retroactive action against Kipre. Looks like he has previous from a clip I saw somewhere. If no action can be taken it means he and other cheats can do similar again knowing there is a good chance of getting away with it where there is no VAR.

Regarding the no penalty award in front of Field's first goal - didn't we get lucky the Ref didn't blow his whistle for one before Field scored? We would quite likely have missed the pen. Not sure if the Officials can play advantage in a situation like that?

Having not awarded it he must have been pretty close to believing Frey dived in which case we're lucky he didn't give a free kick the other way.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 15:50 - Mar 8 with 585 viewsTheChef

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 15:43 - Mar 8 by QPROslo

I mean there is retrospective action allowed if the ref has missed it and no yellow/red card has been issued, isn't it?

If he's clearly illegally denying a goal and has previous too, then surely there has to be some kind of punishment as a deterrent.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 16:08 - Mar 8 with 545 viewsLanhoop

Kipre getting a retrospective card might be satisfying in some ways but we want WBA to be as strong as possible over the next month. They play Huddersfield, Millwall, Watford, Stoke and Rotherham in that time. Winning all of them would do us a decent favour.
Field's surprise double caps fitting footballing tribute to Bowles – Report on 19:50 - Mar 8 with 440 viewsManinBlack

As alluded too in the excellent write up, good as the night was, we didn't win. We just have to hope that we don't follow up this performance with a flat one tomorrow from their midweek exertions. We also have to hope that West Brom are not too tired that they are flat at Huddersfield after we ran them off their feet.

We have played well against Watford, Norwich and West Brom and not won and it is still wins we badly need. I mentioned elsewhere we have conceded 10 goals at home in 2024 compared to just 4 by Sheffield Wednesday over the same period. While the Owls are scraping 1-0 or 2-1 home wins we have conceded twice in four of our 2024 home games and won none of them. You won't win many games continually conceding two at home. So while we look better defensively away we still have problems at Loftus Road even though we have stopped losing.

In the commentary on Sky they felt Frey had thrown himself down and not actually wondered how the keeper got a head injury from Frey diving. They also felt the penalty was 50/50 that Frey missed presumably because the arm was struck below head height.

It took them three viewings of the replay before they spotted the handball on the line. Even our players seemed to believe, like the officials, it was headed off the line judging by their reactions. If Field had seen it surely he would have gone ballistic so he too must have thought it was headed over. Some of our team were closer to the incident than the ref so if they didn't spot it maybe the ref genuinely didn't.

Had our players all shouted at the ref he might have given it but their heads in hands reactions suggested to him it was a legal clearance. In contrast watching Roma v Brighton last night, the Roma players were appealing for everything. Even when four up with minutes to go one Roma player went off the pitch making a challenge and then rolled back onto the pitch making out he was hurt trying to stop the game to waste time. The sort of gamesmanship we shy away from but we simply are too quiet and don't appeal for anything.
[Post edited 8 Mar 19:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024