Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 70350 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Begovic on 09:57 - May 5 with 853 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic on 09:21 - May 5 by stevec

That’s a good point.

That thing of not coming out on through balls would get most keepers a much bigger bollocking from the CB’s than actually happens, suggests they have faith in him generally.

Also, in my head, when he’s presented with one on one situations he seems to save a lot more than most keepers. Doesn’t drop too early and spreads himself well. Smithies was good at that but apart from him, probably the best over the last decade.

He is getting on but if he can teach the kid who played yesterday these techniques then I’m not opposed to another season.

Also, and I’m guilty of jumping on many of his mistakes as much as anyone and found much of his goalkeeping infuriating, we don’t know what instructions they’re given. The one against Leeds looked like he should be claiming it easily at the time but the replay suggested he probably just about made the right call or at least an understandable one. Then you see Blackburn’s second goal yesterday and see the folly of goalkeepers sometimes trying to come for something they’re getting nowhere near.
Begovic on 11:47 - May 5 with 641 viewsmart_Goblin

Begovic on 08:55 - May 5 by Watford_Ranger

Cook was very complimentary in the comments which is probably a better insight than any of us can give. Appreciate social media for footballers is often performative but I get the impression he’s popular in the ‘group’.

On the contrary, I’ve heard slightly different from people around the club on match days .
Begovic on 12:08 - May 5 with 553 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 11:47 - May 5 by mart_Goblin

On the contrary, I’ve heard slightly different from people around the club on match days .

Ah a nice snippet of ‘in the know’.

What have you heard?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024