Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrong way round 15:42 - Apr 7 with 2242 viewsdutch

I was disturbed from the very off yesterday when Wednesday turned us around and made us kick the wrong way. Does anybody have the stats on how well or badly we do when we go the opposite way. It didn't feel right and we certainly did not play right.
Wrong way round on 16:44 - Apr 7 with 2085 viewsJuzzie

If that’s why we lost the game then we have a problem.
It shouldn’t matter which way we start.
Wrong way round on 17:02 - Apr 7 with 2042 viewsWestonsuperR

Considering how few we have scored at the Loft End in the last few years, I’d suggest it was a good thing.
Wrong way round on 20:43 - Apr 7 with 1731 viewsNorthernr

Well I felt the same but... Oldham play-off semi-final.
Wrong way round on 21:18 - Apr 7 with 1631 viewsWestonsuperR

Last time we did this vs Blackpool) we won (stolen from Twitter!)
Wrong way round on 22:17 - Apr 7 with 1450 viewsNorthernr

Wrong way round on 21:18 - Apr 7 by WestonsuperR

Last time we did this vs Blackpool) we won (stolen from Twitter!)

Well it is true that they spun us round that night and we won anyway (Dunne, Amos), but it's not true that this was the last time it happened. We lost 3-1 at home to Blackburn last season with Iroegbunam scoring at the Loft End in the first half.
Wrong way round on 22:47 - Apr 7 with 1387 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holy God. I can't believe this is even a topic. And it has been for centuries.

In every other sport, weather and conditions are the most important thing when it comes to the coin toss. Not tradition. But wind. Sun in the eyes. That's what matters. Actual stuff that affects performance.

Not whether we'd play towards one identical-looking stand or another, based on tradition, or who's hanging about in that particular stand.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wrong way round on 23:23 - Apr 7 with 1299 viewsnumptydumpty

Wrong way round on 22:47 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

In every other sport, weather and conditions are the most important thing when it comes to the coin toss. Not tradition. But wind. Sun in the eyes. That's what matters. Actual stuff that affects performance.

Not whether we'd play towards one identical-looking stand or another, based on tradition, or who's hanging about in that particular stand.

But some games the Loft End does suck the ball into the net and momentum builds.

Sometimes our players get scared of fronting up to away fans.

Should not happen Brian but it clearly does.

Surprised more opponents dont use this tactic more in games against ourselves because sure stats over the years will back these theories up..

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Wrong way round on 23:27 - Apr 7 with 1298 viewsted_hendrix

Quite simply for decades and beyond we'd be losing 1-0 maybe 2-0 at half time, we'd be talking bolox on the concourse at half time without a care In the world because we knew full well that In the second half we'd turn It round because we were kicking towards the loft.
That's how It was, you'd see Bardsley heading towards us along the Ellersie with the ball at his feet, quick look up--delivery--goal, same down the SA side with Clive Wilson (only a bit slower).
Give me bloody strength, It was the law, the bloody law, kick towards the loft second half.
When we scored the equaliser 2-2 madness, when we scored the winner 3-2 do the pogo.
That's how It should be.
Eat It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Wrong way round on 00:19 - Apr 8 with 1242 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wrong way round on 23:27 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

Quite simply for decades and beyond we'd be losing 1-0 maybe 2-0 at half time, we'd be talking bolox on the concourse at half time without a care In the world because we knew full well that In the second half we'd turn It round because we were kicking towards the loft.
That's how It was, you'd see Bardsley heading towards us along the Ellersie with the ball at his feet, quick look up--delivery--goal, same down the SA side with Clive Wilson (only a bit slower).
Give me bloody strength, It was the law, the bloody law, kick towards the loft second half.
When we scored the equaliser 2-2 madness, when we scored the winner 3-2 do the pogo.
That's how It should be.
Eat It.

But no excuse for not being just as good playing the other way, Ted. With the same number of players and the same amount of footballs.

It's precisely 50% of our existence.

I just can't fathom it.

Wrong way round on 10:19 - Apr 8 with 996 viewsbosh67

I'd have been more worried if they'd made us play across the pitch.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wrong way round on 10:31 - Apr 8 with 953 viewsEastR

Wrong way round on 00:19 - Apr 8 by BrianMcCarthy

But no excuse for not being just as good playing the other way, Ted. With the same number of players and the same amount of footballs.

It's precisely 50% of our existence.

I just can't fathom it.

Same applies to playing home or away, and yet everyone talks about having home advantage

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Wrong way round on 10:54 - Apr 8 with 897 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wrong way round on 10:31 - Apr 8 by EastR

Same applies to playing home or away, and yet everyone talks about having home advantage

True! To a degree at least.

Away trips do, I suppose, include travel, different sleeping arrangements, different diets, homer refs etc.

But, ya, the best teams probably overcome most or all of that. Redknapp teams treat away days like bonus games ;)

Wrong way round on 11:01 - Apr 8 with 877 viewsbosh67

Wrong way round on 10:54 - Apr 8 by BrianMcCarthy

True! To a degree at least.

Away trips do, I suppose, include travel, different sleeping arrangements, different diets, homer refs etc.

But, ya, the best teams probably overcome most or all of that. Redknapp teams treat away days like bonus games ;)

Generally we seem to be better set up to play away from home. Defensively we are tighter and more compact. As the opposition are a lot higher up the pitch we seem to break better on them. At home we are vulnerable to counter attacks and set up to be more open. We get caught out a lot at home these days.
[Post edited 8 Apr 11:03]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wrong way round on 11:06 - Apr 8 with 844 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wrong way round on 11:01 - Apr 8 by bosh67

Generally we seem to be better set up to play away from home. Defensively we are tighter and more compact. As the opposition are a lot higher up the pitch we seem to break better on them. At home we are vulnerable to counter attacks and set up to be more open. We get caught out a lot at home these days.
[Post edited 8 Apr 11:03]

Agreed.

Wrong way round on 14:42 - Apr 8 with 661 viewsstainrods_elbow

Wrong way round on 22:47 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

On a pointless theological note, is there an unholy God?

I'll get me cowl!
[Post edited 8 Apr 14:43]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Wrong way round (n/t) on 14:54 - Apr 8 with 608 viewsstainrods_elbow

Wrong way round on 10:31 - Apr 8 by EastR

[Post edited 8 Apr 14:56]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024