Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon 16:52 - May 10 with 10050 viewsNorthernr

Clive Whittingham is joined by the Telegraph's senior sports writer Thom Gibbs and former Q Magazine editor Ted Kessler to run the rule over QPR's successful survival bid, outline priorities for the summer, guess where we go from here under Marti Cifuentes, and laugh at Andre Dozzell.

An hour of listening to send you into the weekend, available now to all three Patreon sub tiers...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/end-of-season-104003681
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 17:08 - May 10 with 4797 viewsjeffranger

F in cheek asking for money to join, bollax to that
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 17:27 - May 10 with 4736 viewsNorthernr

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 17:08 - May 10 by jeffranger

Cheers mate have a great weekend.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 17:30 - May 10 with 4689 viewsGaryBannister86

Yeah Clive you just keep churning out top-class writing on your own time that we can all just devour without paying a single penny. And while you're at it, can you pay all the running cost of the message board too?
[Post edited 10 May 17:31]
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 17:49 - May 10 with 4622 viewsdaveB

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 18:02 - May 10 with 4568 viewshamptonhillhoop

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 17:27 - May 10 by Northernr

Cheers mate have a great weekend.

Sorry, my fat fingers just downvoted that
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 18:03 - May 10 with 4566 viewsNorthernr

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 18:02 - May 10 by hamptonhillhoop

Sorry, my fat fingers just downvoted that

Well you can fck off as well then
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 18:04 - May 10 with 4561 viewsFlossywop

Your work is great. It always has been. It's a privilege to contribute towards more of it. And you've done it whilst not removing any content from those who don't pay, which is really decent.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 20:15 - May 10 with 4239 viewsBrizR

Good reminder to finally sign up, look forward to listening.
Login to get fewer ads

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 21:10 - May 10 with 4092 viewsA40Bosh

Clive, I do get it, quality over quantity in terms of podcast output.
LFW Pod + 3 x large Jameson over ice was the perfect end to the working week.
Intelligent and considered and no waffle about hating Chelsea and Brentford and Cardiff and being old and Irish and stupid every 2 mins.

Quality output for pittance monthly contribution.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 21:22 - May 10 with 4066 viewssdm19994

Joined the patreon, thanks for all of your hard work again this season Clive
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 23:29 - May 10 with 3795 viewsBeejnewark

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 21:22 - May 10 by sdm19994

Same here
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 01:30 - May 11 with 3684 viewsQuillPenRiot

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 21:22 - May 10 by sdm19994

I also echo this. So good to hear this, a balm in the newly christened championship offseason, although the league 1 offseason would have been entertaining too. The question of Nourry’s backing was intriguing, gut churning again…also, what a parallel universe, what if we were relegated, what if Gareth Ainsworth took us down and we had to play Wrexham with a blank slate…maybe we would have been the bad boys in Netflix. I almost can’t believe we survived still, surreal. I remember the first game Jimmy was RB this year and we saw glimpses of Jiminho. I mean, shouldn’t that be the alternate reality?
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 04:42 - May 11 with 3612 viewsSonofNorfolt

Yeah Clive you effin freeloader.
No effort ever put in to report a midweek defeat at Stoke when suicide seems an easier option.
Plagiarising GCSE English literature mock exam papers from students who speak English as a foreign language.
Thinking that Karl Henry was on a par with Gunther Netzer and begging us to give Paul Hart more time.

Wan ker.
Our magnificent wan ker.

BTW ROUTLEDGE.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 05:23 - May 11 with 3591 viewsnix

Love to know how much time you devote to working for free every month?

If you’re any good at painting and decorating or gardening that would be great if you could pop round.

Clive already spends huge amounts of time on the free content he already provides for us all which is far superior to a lot of so-called sports journalism out there. Actually it was posters on here that suggested he charge for the very limited content (compared to the overall work he puts out) that’s not freely available (and even then he often provides transcripts) to make it viable for him to continue running the site.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 06:29 - May 11 with 3545 viewsToast_R

A great listen. Scaring me with the Hull talk though.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 07:31 - May 11 with 3479 viewspaddyhdog

A great listen, thanks Clive. Perfect summary of season, amazing turnaround being reminded of how bad we were under GA

Having reflected on how important Clive's writing and this website has been for getting me through the last 2 yrs of QPR, I've upgraded my patron sub to the max. Keep up the brilliant work.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 08:05 - May 11 with 3405 viewsQPR_Jim

Good podcast, it's interesting to think back to when Ainsworth was here and just how certain it seemed that we would be relegated. Puts into focus what a good job Marti did.

I'm excited for the summer and kind of agree with the bloke who said he wouldn't mind a full squad clear out, I trust Marti to bring in good players so the more the better to a certain extent. Financially it might be the right time to cash in on JCS, Field and a few others.

Be interesting to see what deals we make and how well organised the preseason is going to be.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 08:09 - May 11 with 3402 viewsthehat

I've said it before and I'll say it again - It is without doubt the best £12 that leaves my bank account every month.

Clive's writing brings so much enjoyment through both the good and (mainly) bad times. AKUTR's is also a Rangers institution that we should cherish.

In Clive's Leeds report he made reference to taking things for granted until one day they are not there anymore.

I hope Loft for Words and AKUTR's are with us for many years to come and if making a small financial contribution helps towards that then I hope as many of us that can do just that.

Thanks again Clive and looking forward to hearing the content.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 09:16 - May 11 with 3248 viewslondonscottish

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 08:05 - May 11 by QPR_Jim

Good podcast, it's interesting to think back to when Ainsworth was here and just how certain it seemed that we would be relegated. Puts into focus what a good job Marti did.

I'm excited for the summer and kind of agree with the bloke who said he wouldn't mind a full squad clear out, I trust Marti to bring in good players so the more the better to a certain extent. Financially it might be the right time to cash in on JCS, Field and a few others.

Be interesting to see what deals we make and how well organised the preseason is going to be.

If you want a vivid reminder of just how shit it was, have a look at Jack Supple's (@qprstats) tweets from Sep and Oct.

Oct 7th - QPR have now failed to win 11 home games in a row. A new club record
Oct 7th - QPR have won 1 game at LR in 2023. Blackburn, Cov & Sunderland have all won 2
Oct 24th - QPR have now lost 18 of their 27 games under GA. F 19 a 50 (!)
Oct 28th - QPR have lost 10 or their opening league games for the 1st time in history

I'd forgotten just how appalling that run was.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 10:47 - May 11 with 3119 viewsBrisbaneR

This must be some sort of poorly expressed irony? Surely?

Some of the best writing/interviewing you’ll find anywhere, provided to us by someone who shares our emotional attachment to the R’s and is able to not just portray memorably what happened in a game, but provide context and a fans eye view.

And that isn’t worth a couple of quid? Are you on the right site do you think?
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 10:57 - May 11 with 3102 viewsjeffranger

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 10:47 - May 11 by BrisbaneR

This must be some sort of poorly expressed irony? Surely?

Some of the best writing/interviewing you’ll find anywhere, provided to us by someone who shares our emotional attachment to the R’s and is able to not just portray memorably what happened in a game, but provide context and a fans eye view.

And that isn’t worth a couple of quid? Are you on the right site do you think?

Prefer WLS podcast & it’s free! Very rare I read his match write up’s so not really bothered about his podcast, it’s not the money either just my choice
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 11:14 - May 11 with 3067 viewsHoopsie

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 10:57 - May 11 by jeffranger

Prefer WLS podcast & it’s free! Very rare I read his match write up’s so not really bothered about his podcast, it’s not the money either just my choice

Best you keep your thoughts to yourself, do you really need to express them? By doing so and in such an offensive manner, what is your agenda?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 11:24 - May 11 with 3048 viewsjeffranger

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 11:14 - May 11 by Hoopsie

Best you keep your thoughts to yourself, do you really need to express them? By doing so and in such an offensive manner, what is your agenda?

What is you problem, not offensive just opinion
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 11:27 - May 11 with 3044 viewsNorthernr

Nice to have this message board here though Jeff innit? That you can potter about on completely free of charge whenever you like. Which just appears here magically every day with no work or back office costs, servers, tech support etc.
End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 11:36 - May 11 with 3017 viewsjeffranger

End of Season Review - Live Now On The Patreon on 11:27 - May 11 by Northernr

Nice to have this message board here though Jeff innit? That you can potter about on completely free of charge whenever you like. Which just appears here magically every day with no work or back office costs, servers, tech support etc.

Yeah like most message boards
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024