Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Departures in the development squad 11:05 - May 13 with 27881 viewskingsburyR

Looks like one huge axe has been wielded!

Our CEO is taking no prisoners this summer!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/13/development-squad-departures/
[Post edited 13 May 11:05]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Departures in the development squad on 15:00 - May 13 with 3840 viewslassel

Departures in the development squad on 11:57 - May 13 by connell10

I thought Pedder looked decent, shame for him.

Poor guy is built like a damp piece of paper - obviously he and the club will have tried to bulk him up in his couple of years here but at 22 still being knocked over by a slight breeze you have no chance of making it.
Departures in the development squad on 15:05 - May 13 with 3807 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I wouldn’t want to be the guy that told Kargbo he was being released by the way.

Fcking man mountain.

Edit: Spelling and grammar
[Post edited 13 May 15:09]
Departures in the development squad on 15:46 - May 13 with 3616 viewsNed_Kennedys

As said before the pathway to becoming a regular 1st team squad member surely has to be a decent playing loan at National League or above for starters which as a club we still have poor results at.
How many of those released players have had decent loans spells if any?
Departures in the development squad on 16:00 - May 13 with 3526 viewsHayesender

Departures in the development squad on 15:46 - May 13 by Ned_Kennedys

As said before the pathway to becoming a regular 1st team squad member surely has to be a decent playing loan at National League or above for starters which as a club we still have poor results at.

Glad to be proved incorrect, but the last decent loan i can remember is Chair at Stevenage

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Departures in the development squad on 16:00 - May 13 with 3521 viewsA40Bosh

Departures in the development squad on 15:46 - May 13 by Ned_Kennedys

I have been keeping an eye on Jude-Boyd as he used to be a school pupil of my mate who is a headteacher and introduced me to Arkell at the Wealdstone pre-season friendly a while back.

He has been on loan at Torquay and seems to have done well there - but that is the problem they are Level 6 National League South. It would not surprise me if he resigned for them.

Arkell's problem was that Les and Warbs were talking to him about progressing as a right wing back when he wanted to play further up the pitch and we know how stacked we have been in the last year with players ahead of him in that position. My mate told him at the time to say "yes" to wherever he is asked to play to get himself established. Seems to have scored for Torquay as well. Wish him luck.
[Post edited 13 May 16:01]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:06 - May 13 with 3460 viewsderbyhoop

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:18 - May 13 by stainrods_elbow

I think it's mostly a shocking judgment on our Academy/Development's set-up ability to actually, uh, oh that's right, DEVELOP anyone. What, exactly, have these players and coaches been doing all this time if this crop are now all on the way out? I know Les and Ramsey have been ejected, but is anyone else still stealing a living who's about and around it? If so, could they please fall on their swords now before next season's kick off?

To quote the spiky-haired 80s optimist Howard Jones, I guess things can only get better.
[Post edited 13 May 13:19]

Ridiculously OTT about the coaching. A really good set up Might provide 1 player per year. Assuming they haven't been nicked by the other dozen or so clubs around us.

AFAIK, we'll keep Hawkins, Murphy, Aoraha, Talla, Bala, Salamon. Leahy and Tuck have moved up from U18s. Lloyd had his contract renewed. Shann is injured

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 16:07 - May 13 with 3453 viewsdmm

Departures in the development squad on 16:00 - May 13 by A40Bosh

I have been keeping an eye on Jude-Boyd as he used to be a school pupil of my mate who is a headteacher and introduced me to Arkell at the Wealdstone pre-season friendly a while back.

He has been on loan at Torquay and seems to have done well there - but that is the problem they are Level 6 National League South. It would not surprise me if he resigned for them.

Arkell's problem was that Les and Warbs were talking to him about progressing as a right wing back when he wanted to play further up the pitch and we know how stacked we have been in the last year with players ahead of him in that position. My mate told him at the time to say "yes" to wherever he is asked to play to get himself established. Seems to have scored for Torquay as well. Wish him luck.
[Post edited 13 May 16:01]

Jude-Boyd looked promising to me and I am disappointed he hasn't made it with QPR. He was certainly one of the better players when I've watched the youngesters play.
Departures in the development squad on 16:42 - May 13 with 3299 viewsqueensparker

Departures in the development squad on 16:00 - May 13 by Hayesender

Glad to be proved incorrect, but the last decent loan i can remember is Chair at Stevenage

Armstrong had a loan spell at Torquay, they loved him there
Login to get fewer ads

Departures in the development squad on 16:51 - May 13 with 3275 viewsjoolsyp

Departures in the development squad on 16:07 - May 13 by dmm

Jude-Boyd looked promising to me and I am disappointed he hasn't made it with QPR. He was certainly one of the better players when I've watched the youngesters play.

I may have dreamt it but I'm sure he who shall not be named compared him to a young Trent Alexander-Arnold?

Wish him the best of luck and hope he goes on to have success elsewhere.
Departures in the development squad on 17:09 - May 13 with 3132 viewsgazza1

I would suggest that all of these players are no good enough and the right decision has been made. At last we are being realistic and not wasting a lot of money on players that are basically never going to be good enough to represent the club at 1st team level.

The good lady who has just departed is to blame, not Les or Ramsey- she was in charge 100%.

Fair play and well done to the new CEO…..
Departures in the development squad on 18:30 - May 13 with 2965 viewsRBlock

Jeche scored goals, but a lot of tap-ins. Doesn't offer much outside of the six yard box. Pedder always looked good, but too old now and very lightweight.

Tuck will be playing for Wales U19 this summer, so he's one to keep an eye on. Leahy at LB is one I hear very positive things about, and Emerson Sutton from the U18s as well who is a CM/winger.
Departures in the development squad on 21:08 - May 13 with 2700 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Departures in the development squad on 18:30 - May 13 by RBlock

Jeche scored goals, but a lot of tap-ins. Doesn't offer much outside of the six yard box. Pedder always looked good, but too old now and very lightweight.

Tuck will be playing for Wales U19 this summer, so he's one to keep an eye on. Leahy at LB is one I hear very positive things about, and Emerson Sutton from the U18s as well who is a CM/winger.

Tuck I'm really keen to see more of; obviously being biased. I do hope he comes good in a hooped shirt and will be watching the tournament this summer, he's not 18 yet though is he?

Sutton I think looked a beast, if its the same lad from the development game that i watched the other day.

Fingers crossed for those hopefully making the step up in Ahora, Salamon, Kolli.
Departures in the development squad on 11:16 - May 14 with 2247 viewsHoopsie

Deon Woodman joins Wealdstone

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Departures in the development squad on 12:27 - May 14 with 2074 viewsCamberleyR

Dieng at Doncaster was after Chair at Stevenage I think.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Departures in the development squad on 13:13 - May 14 with 1949 viewsderbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 16:07 - May 13 by dmm

Alleged interest from both Plymouth and Rotherham.
After a successful loan at Torquay in Nat Lge South, I'm a little surprised at the level he could reach.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Departures in the development squad on 20:36 - May 14 with 1651 viewsstainrods_elbow

Departures in the development squad on 16:42 - May 13 by queensparker

Armstrong had a loan spell at Torquay, they loved him there

He might have found his level, I'm guessing.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:55 - May 14 with 1613 viewsstainrods_elbow

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:06 - May 13 by derbyhoop

Ridiculously OTT about the coaching. A really good set up Might provide 1 player per year. Assuming they haven't been nicked by the other dozen or so clubs around us.

AFAIK, we'll keep Hawkins, Murphy, Aoraha, Talla, Bala, Salamon. Leahy and Tuck have moved up from U18s. Lloyd had his contract renewed. Shann is injured

No, it's not - you need to do some research. Here's a link to start you off:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/bristol-city-lead-englands-top-two-tiers-fo

Brizzle fielded SEVEN club-trained players last time out, and TEN have just signed pro forms, and Blackburn EIGHT. That's results! (Surprisingly to me, we're not actually the worst according to this table, but we're hardly tearing up any trees.)

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:33 - May 14 with 1550 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:55 - May 14 by stainrods_elbow

https://trainingground.guru/articles/bristol-city-lead-englands-top-two-tiers-fo

Brizzle fielded SEVEN club-trained players last time out, and TEN have just signed pro forms, and Blackburn EIGHT. That's results! (Surprisingly to me, we're not actually the worst according to this table, but we're hardly tearing up any trees.)

Bristol were freaks that year those players were produced and and other sold. Not done much since or prior.

Might as well compare ourselves to Man City.

Agree with Derby, it's very OTT. Barely anyone raised an eyebrow when we had a 15 year gap between Langley and Lumley or whatever it was.
[Post edited 14 May 21:47]
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:55 - May 14 with 1474 viewsstainrods_elbow

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:33 - May 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bristol were freaks that year those players were produced and and other sold. Not done much since or prior.

Might as well compare ourselves to Man City.

Agree with Derby, it's very OTT. Barely anyone raised an eyebrow when we had a 15 year gap between Langley and Lumley or whatever it was.
[Post edited 14 May 21:47]

Very incisive, well done you! The stats are up to date, and there are other clubs that could be cited here. If Bristol City and Blackburn are 'freaks', give me some of their freakishness and none of your lazy lack of counter-argument.

If you think our development set-up hasn't shockingly under-delivered in recent years (and I'm hardly an eccentric on this topic, as several others have agreed with me here - including this site's Blessed Leader in his interview with LF - not that I need to lean on others), you're obviously a victim of the club's downwardly managed expectations.

Wake up, we've a new broom, and the future might even be blue and white!
[Post edited 14 May 21:58]

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:06 - May 14 with 1450 viewsHoopsie

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:55 - May 14 by stainrods_elbow

Looking at the table, would success means we field 5?

We were average with 3 players, but not far off are we?

Could have done better but certainly not a failure in that context

Besides what is home “grown” or “trained”? Academy players from age 8? Premier league drop outs? Locally scouted? Young foreigners? Lives within 20 miles of club? Or everyone just because they played in the development league?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:13 - May 14 with 1427 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

(No subject) (n/t) on 21:55 - May 14 by stainrods_elbow

Very incisive, well done you! The stats are up to date, and there are other clubs that could be cited here. If Bristol City and Blackburn are 'freaks', give me some of their freakishness and none of your lazy lack of counter-argument.

If you think our development set-up hasn't shockingly under-delivered in recent years (and I'm hardly an eccentric on this topic, as several others have agreed with me here - including this site's Blessed Leader in his interview with LF - not that I need to lean on others), you're obviously a victim of the club's downwardly managed expectations.

Wake up, we've a new broom, and the future might even be blue and white!
[Post edited 14 May 21:58]

This isn’t the Cambridge Union so we don’t need to talk to each other this way.

You’ve posted a table yourself where QPR are 13th out of 24 in terms of delivery for our division.

Does that really deserve to be labelled ‘shockingly under delivered’? Or is it a tad over the top?
[Post edited 14 May 22:15]
Departures in the development squad on 22:30 - May 14 with 1376 viewsLblock

Been some good loans
Eze at Wycombe
Lumley at Bristol Rovers
Dieng at Donny

I understand this “exposure to the men’s game” argument but to counter that what I don’t get is this…..
Are we saying then the key is to sign these lads on at 16 and then simply place them at lower leagues to see how they fare as if we don’t they actually won’t progress at QPR?
So what’s the point of having a Development Squad at all? What does that say about our coaches at the DS level that it’s beyond their wit to actually bring a player through, cradle to grave, within our own club???

Rayan is a big hope for me
I sort of hope he DOESNT go out on loan and Marti deems him good enough to be eased in here and there making incremental steps up. Really think he’s got something about him

Glad to see there’s a purge of the Acceptors of Failure throughout the club as well
I think I’m warming to this Nourry chap but jury still very much out

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:09 - May 14 with 1311 viewsstainrods_elbow

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:13 - May 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

This isn’t the Cambridge Union so we don’t need to talk to each other this way.

You’ve posted a table yourself where QPR are 13th out of 24 in terms of delivery for our division.

Does that really deserve to be labelled ‘shockingly under delivered’? Or is it a tad over the top?
[Post edited 14 May 22:15]

OK, but I'm not just talking about that overall table, I'm talking about the club's failure to bring through sustained talent that turns pro with the club and establishes itself in the 1st team. By that key standard, we've been diabolical for as long as I can remember.

Of those three players identified in the table as QPR, I would also assume one of them is Aaron Drewe, who's been released. It's not good, especially when you also look at the slew of recent releasees. But let's hope we're turning a ludicrously long corner, finally.

Departures in the development squad on 23:28 - May 14 with 1303 viewsThird_Division_South

Don’t forget a club like Bristol City has a big geographical area to pick up players from. We’ve got three PL within 5 miles.
Departures in the development squad on 23:44 - May 14 with 1284 viewsNed_Kennedys

Departures in the development squad on 22:30 - May 14 by Lblock

Been some good loans
Eze at Wycombe
Lumley at Bristol Rovers
Dieng at Donny

I understand this “exposure to the men’s game” argument but to counter that what I don’t get is this…..
Are we saying then the key is to sign these lads on at 16 and then simply place them at lower leagues to see how they fare as if we don’t they actually won’t progress at QPR?
So what’s the point of having a Development Squad at all? What does that say about our coaches at the DS level that it’s beyond their wit to actually bring a player through, cradle to grave, within our own club???

Rayan is a big hope for me
I sort of hope he DOESNT go out on loan and Marti deems him good enough to be eased in here and there making incremental steps up. Really think he’s got something about him

Glad to see there’s a purge of the Acceptors of Failure throughout the club as well
I think I’m warming to this Nourry chap but jury still very much out

No other club would take and play a QPR 16 year old regularly: logic suggests we develop them for a few years and if they are developing well then it’s an easier sell to other clubs to take them and play them regularly. No point in having 21/22 year olds in the development squad if they’ve had no league experience elsewhere as it’s too huge a jump to Championship level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024