Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things 02:44 - May 24 with 1732 viewscharmr

Can
Captain Beefheart
Frank Zappa
The Rutles
[Post edited 24 May 20:03]
Hands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 04:46 - May 24 with 1679 viewsFredManRave

I've heard and seen great things about Super Hands.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 06:42 - May 24 with 1613 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Hands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 08:00 - May 24 with 1565 viewscolinallcars

Hands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 08:08 - May 24 with 1552 viewslondonscottish

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Hands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 10:42 - May 24 with 1460 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 19:23 - May 24 with 1314 viewsqpr_1968

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 20:04 - May 24 with 1275 viewscharmr

P taking bar stewards you Handsome devils

I would have done the same😀
[Post edited 24 May 20:05]
Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 20:47 - May 24 with 1192 viewswortonr

Not abba
Not abba
Not abba
Not abba
Des O’Connor ( especially Careless Hands)
Login to get fewer ads

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 21:07 - May 24 with 1166 viewsed_83

Can are brilliant, Beefheart is extremely patchy but the good bits are great, Zappa is too self-consciously zany for me (try Todd Rundgren instead, who’s just as inventive but less smug about it)

I need to get properly into The Fall but never know quite where to start. Same with Somic Youth and, to a certain extent, shockingly, The Beatles, whose singles are obviously inescapable but I can’t say I’ve ever sat down and listened to one of their albums from beginning to end.
Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 21:27 - May 24 with 1133 viewsR_from_afar

King Crimson. I love prog, so I should warm to them.

I might have the same experience as I did with Gentle Giant. I ignored them up until a couple of years ago, mainly because I thought the band's name was so naff, but once I took the plunge, I discovered that I absolutely love their first two albums.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 21:38 - May 24 with 1126 viewsCateLeBonR

Gosh there's so many. Joni Mitchell for a start. I've heard her songs probably all my life but not sure I've ever really listened.
Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 22:12 - May 24 with 1073 viewsEsox_Lucius

Probably The Arctic Monkeys.

The grass is always greener.

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 03:08 - May 25 with 981 viewsFredManRave

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 22:12 - May 24 by Esox_Lucius

Probably The Arctic Monkeys.

From personal experience, the first album completely blew me away. I genuiinely don't remember hearing an album that had such a positive impact at the first hearing.

But when the experience is so positive and high, the only way is down, and so it proved.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 08:21 - May 25 with 917 viewsSpaceman_P

wishbone ash.

Always saw the albums and they look interesting

As someone more into 60s stuff than 70s, I am always a bit afraid to dip into 70s prog or hard rock.

I would say I have the same feeling with UFO too.

I just don't know where to start with these types of groups from 71-75, that I kind of just ignore them.

I am not really a fan of out right prog for the sakes of prog groups like Yes, so don't really know where to begin.
Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 08:53 - May 25 with 900 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 08:21 - May 25 by Spaceman_P

wishbone ash.

Always saw the albums and they look interesting

As someone more into 60s stuff than 70s, I am always a bit afraid to dip into 70s prog or hard rock.

I would say I have the same feeling with UFO too.

I just don't know where to start with these types of groups from 71-75, that I kind of just ignore them.

I am not really a fan of out right prog for the sakes of prog groups like Yes, so don't really know where to begin.

'Argus' by Wishbone Ash is a masterpiece, if you try one try that.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 09:03 - May 25 with 894 viewsSK_hoops

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 21:07 - May 24 by ed_83

Can are brilliant, Beefheart is extremely patchy but the good bits are great, Zappa is too self-consciously zany for me (try Todd Rundgren instead, who’s just as inventive but less smug about it)

I need to get properly into The Fall but never know quite where to start. Same with Somic Youth and, to a certain extent, shockingly, The Beatles, whose singles are obviously inescapable but I can’t say I’ve ever sat down and listened to one of their albums from beginning to end.

Sonic youth: start with daydream nation. One of my favourite albums.
Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 13:25 - May 25 with 796 viewsR_from_afar

For Can, I'd suggest you start with the album "Tago mago".

Not all the tracks are great in my humble opinion, but some of them are amazing.

Can, and especially that album, were said to have inspired bands of the baggy genre. You can certainly hear the influence of Can's rhythm section in some baggy tunes e.g by The Happy Mondays.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 13:41 - May 25 with 775 viewsSimonJames

Elbow
Doves
The Last Dinner Party

100% of people who drink water will die.

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 13:56 - May 25 with 757 viewsBluce_Ree

As a guitarist I know I should check out Jeff Beck, Frank Zappa and Van Halen maybe but whenever I listen to like a minute of them I get nothing from it.

In terms of punk sort of stuff I probably should be familiar with Slint, Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth but again they just don't grab me in a minute or so.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 17:13 - May 25 with 678 viewsqpr_1968

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 08:53 - May 25 by Metallica_Hoop

'Argus' by Wishbone Ash is a masterpiece, if you try one try that.

gotta second that, one of the first albums i bought......record exchange, goldbourne road.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 20:10 - May 25 with 609 viewsBoston

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 20:47 - May 24 by wortonr

Not abba
Not abba
Not abba
Not abba
Des O’Connor ( especially Careless Hands)

Not even if it starts...abbafooka!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 20:43 - May 25 with 586 viewsJevlar

Bands you haven’t got around to listening to yet but here great things on 13:41 - May 25 by SimonJames

Elbow
Doves
The Last Dinner Party

Saw Doves several times in my teens and 20s, the last time was at the Hammersmith Apollo. A great venue.

They are really underrated and have a wall of sound, cinematic quality to their music.
[Post edited 25 May 20:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024