Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... 14:40 - Dec 18 with 3192 viewsInglesio

I was thinking our shape against Fulham was the most solid and compact we've looked for a while and we even managed to threaten on a decent basis.

Therefore my question is what do we do in Jan when Adel goes to conquer Africa. Although he's not as creative as Adel I think Hoillett could do a job in the hole, he's quick and two footed and that role doesn't require him to do too much defending either. If not him maybe Granero could be given the chance although I'd prefer to see Hoillett given a run of games to try and prove himself.

Also although I know he's a central midfielder by trade I wouldn't mind seeing Diakite in the right wing role currently taken up by Mackie. I'd move Mackie to the left and have Diakite on the right, he has a good engine and a decent cross (he set up Mack attack's goal against Villa). Think with M'bia and Faurlin manning the centre and Mackie and Diakite out wide we'd have some powerful and willing workers who can also create. What are your thoughts?
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 14:52 - Dec 18 with 3172 viewsadhoc_qpr

I agree that Hoillet would be worth a shot in the Taarabt role - if he's fit and firing.

Even Diakite could be good in an attacking midfield role and Granero isn't a write off yet (although i think he could be gone in January).
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 14:57 - Dec 18 with 3160 viewsdaveB

why make so many changes playing Diakite and mackie out of position. If Taarabt goes expect a loan signing to replace him like Robbie Keane
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 14:58 - Dec 18 with 3159 viewstoboboly

If taraabt goes then Diakite might (although they have both said they may not).

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 15:17 - Dec 18 with 3130 viewsInglesio

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 14:57 - Dec 18 by daveB

why make so many changes playing Diakite and mackie out of position. If Taarabt goes expect a loan signing to replace him like Robbie Keane

I see what you're saying just think Diakite has all the attributes to play on the right hand side whilst Hoillet has played in a more forward role for both Blackburn and ourselves at times.
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 15:20 - Dec 18 with 3121 viewsklr

Granero has already agreed his transfer away from QPR in January ?
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 16:54 - Dec 18 with 3037 viewsQPRDave

oh... he's going then??
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 16:55 - Dec 18 with 3026 viewsklr

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 16:54 - Dec 18 by QPRDave

oh... he's going then??

I've heard he is.
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 17:08 - Dec 18 with 3004 viewsQPRDave

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 16:55 - Dec 18 by klr

I've heard he is.

Bad news
Login to get fewer ads

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 17:09 - Dec 18 with 2995 viewsRANGERS4EVER

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 15:20 - Dec 18 by klr

Can i ask where you have heard this?

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 17:12 - Dec 18 with 2992 viewsklr

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 17:09 - Dec 18 by RANGERS4EVER

https://twitter.com/eGranero11
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 17:13 - Dec 18 with 2991 viewssimmo

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 17:09 - Dec 18 by RANGERS4EVER

I assume besides the fact he is talking out his arse that its the SPECULATION about an offer from Italy. Fiorentina was it? From the Mirror.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 23:01 - Dec 18 with 2866 viewschris1969

If Adel goes he will probably miss 4 games

Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Man City (H)
Norwich (H)

They are due to meet Ghana in the 1/4 finals and worst case scenario he would only miss 1 more game even if they win the whole thing.

Swansea (A)

Not sure what can be done to pursued him to put club before country but he has had prior issues and he's not a guaranteed starter.
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 00:15 - Dec 19 with 2818 viewsQPR1882

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 23:01 - Dec 18 by chris1969

If Adel goes he will probably miss 4 games

Spurs (H)
West Ham (A)
Man City (H)
Norwich (H)

They are due to meet Ghana in the 1/4 finals and worst case scenario he would only miss 1 more game even if they win the whole thing.

Swansea (A)

Not sure what can be done to pursued him to put club before country but he has had prior issues and he's not a guaranteed starter.

http://www.goreyguardian.ie/breaking-news/sport/taarabt-wants-morocco-call-33314
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 00:22 - Dec 19 with 2812 viewsTacticalR

Somebody steal his passport.

Air hostess clique

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 08:22 - Dec 19 with 2709 viewsbeeeater

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 15:20 - Dec 18 by klr

If true very sad. Still rate this guy and thought Harry would of been able to get the best out of him
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 09:30 - Dec 19 with 2669 viewsTheBlob

Well if you bring in a sub for those games who performs well,there's going to be a bit of friction turfing him out for Adel.Maybe Joe Cole on loan to drop in the central midfield hole.Tricky decisions anyway.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 11:18 - Dec 19 with 2600 viewssimmo

Queens Park Rangers midfielder Adel Taarabt, 23, says he wants to play for Morocco at next month's Africa Cup of Nations, despite QPR manager Harry Redknapp's request for him to skip the tournament to help his club's fight to avoid relegation.

Taarabt has fallen out of favour with Morocco coach Rachid Taoussi in recent months but hopes to earn a recall for the competition in South Africa in January and February.

"He (Redknapp) came to see me to ask me not to go but I told him: 'If they call me, I can't refuse, boss'," Taarabt tells the French sports newspaper L'Equipe. "I love my country, I love the Moroccan people and football means a lot to them. I warned him that the only solution was that the coach doesn't call me up."

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 11:40 - Dec 19 with 2577 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I hope Taarabt goes. We have wanted him to become a professional since he arrived, we have watched him make great strides towards that, and we have reaped the rewards on the pitch. A professional player would want to go and it's good for the culture of our club that our players are seen to act in a professional manner.

Recently The Guardian's otherwise excellent footy podcast had Barry Glendinning spouting uninformedly that Taarabt might ignore the call-up as Adel struck him as the kind of lad that didn't get too excited about anything. Drivel! At Rangers we've watched this young player become a hard-working pro who clearly loves his art. Off with him to the ACN, let him represent his Country, learn from being in a great competition, and come back to us wiser for the experience.

I think it's short-sighted of Redknapp to ask Taarabt to do anything else, and a little bit foolish too. But the sport, and unfortunately our club of late, has indulged in a lot of short-term thinking, so it's not surprising.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 11:47 - Dec 19 with 2572 viewsJamie

We will have this young nipper pulling the strings:
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 11:50 - Dec 19 with 2560 viewsQPRDave

When Adel goes to the Africa Cup of Nations.... on 11:47 - Dec 19 by Jamie

We will have this young nipper pulling the strings:
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I agree think he could very likely end up here
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024