Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt the new Buzacky 23:39 - Feb 23 with 9578 viewsThGrimRanger

Oh we're QPR fans, so a touch of skill here and a flick there seem to make a player beyond critism.

The combination of watching MOTD and having a few beverages has inspired me to share my extremely unpopular belief that Taarabt is frankly the reason why we're neither scoring goals or creating chances. I'm judging him purely as a premiership player and the fact that his 40+ appearances have delivered very little.

To his credit he seems to be more motivated and harder working than previous seasons but our last 5 games at home have been without a goal and for me he's the main culpit.

He was piss poor today but bar the Fulham game and Chelsea away he's done very little since promotion. He looks overweight, unfit and one early substution away from a bus ride home. I cringe at his 25 yard pea roller shots or his free kicks.

Bet that he still thinks, like most Rangers fans do, he's our best player.

Tin hat is on.

TheGrimRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:56 - Feb 27 with 1164 viewsClive_Anderson

If we had a load of good players who he has been keeping out of the team then you might have a point. The fact is that 90% of our players have been completely useless this season and Tarbs has been the best of the ones who haven't. We didn't exactly play brilliantly in the games that he hasn't played.

So picking on him makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:42 - Feb 27 with 1145 viewsTacticalR

Tim Vickery has a nice phrase about this: 'When the team is playing well the star shines'.

Air hostess clique

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:45 - Feb 27 with 1141 viewsClive_Anderson

I honestly think Messi would struggle in our team at the moment. No one is creating time for other players, there's no shape, no running off the ball, no keeping possession etc.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:54 - Feb 27 with 1135 viewsWestbourneR

The movement is dire. I really thought movement was Harry's strong point but there is a whole lot of strolling around especially in the final third.

We just need to up our energy levels.

When HR first came in, games like Sunderland, we were full of energy and running and we looked good. We should have buried that game. I don't know why we've gone backwards.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 16:19 - Feb 27 with 1124 viewsClive_Anderson

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:54 - Feb 27 by WestbourneR

The movement is dire. I really thought movement was Harry's strong point but there is a whole lot of strolling around especially in the final third.

We just need to up our energy levels.

When HR first came in, games like Sunderland, we were full of energy and running and we looked good. We should have buried that game. I don't know why we've gone backwards.

Players are hiding. They're making runs behind the opponents players so they don't have to get the ball. It makes the player on the ball look bad as they've got to try and run around 5 players or make a very difficult pass and they invariably can't manage it.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 17:48 - Feb 27 with 1113 viewsWestbourneR

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 16:19 - Feb 27 by Clive_Anderson

Players are hiding. They're making runs behind the opponents players so they don't have to get the ball. It makes the player on the ball look bad as they've got to try and run around 5 players or make a very difficult pass and they invariably can't manage it.

You might be on to something there Clive. And that makes big plus arguement for Adel as, at the very least, he always shows for the ball.

I do think Granero as been very poor but he does get screwed by the fact there is poor movement in front of him.

Such a massive shame we didn't get more wins when the inital 'new manager syndrome' was in place as we played genuinely well in those games. In fact in between Harry and Hughes we put in one of our best performances - away at Man Utd.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 22:34 - Mar 2 with 1064 viewsgazza1

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 14:24 - Feb 26 by TW_R

Well, I think that pretty much sums it up Gaz. You're measuring him on a penalty that lost us points. The keeper saved his penalty - that happens. And you say I'm biased!! But if you want to measure it like that we can talk about the 3 points he single-handedly gained against Fulham (which no other player in our squad could do, by the way), or his fantastic performance upfront on his own against Chelsea, where he also laid off a sublime pass to set-up the goal. Or the through-ball he played for Remy against West Ham?

But if you want to talk about the last 3/4 games specifically we can if you like.

Man Utd - Didn't have his best game, but far from the worst of our players on the day.

Swansea - As above, but had a better game than against Man Utd. Not sure who could've played in his place and done any better in what was a dreadful team performance. Open to suggestions though.

Man City - Played pretty well, carried out his role as asked and tried to get on the ball as much as possible. Good team performance all-round

West Ham - Set up our goal with a well-weighted defence-splitting pass, played a good team role under increasing amounts of pressure in the 2nd half.

I agree with you that he hasn't necessarily played to the level he is capable of in all our games, but I try to look at the whole picture. I don't see why he should be measured with higher expectations than any other players in the squad. And when you measure it like that, there are plenty of other players that should be higher up on your list for criticism than Adel.

As you said before, it's lucky the people in the know are picking the team and "punters" like you are just able to write stuff on here.

Looks like Harry & his team have similar views to me TW......

but thanks for your blinkered opinoin ....he was dropped today after a few very average performances.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 09:23 - Mar 3 with 1008 viewsTW_R

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 22:34 - Mar 2 by gazza1

Looks like Harry & his team have similar views to me TW......

but thanks for your blinkered opinoin ....he was dropped today after a few very average performances.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Haha. Fair play Gaz. It looks like the "punters" get it right once in a while then!

Will be interesting to see what happens next week. We still have little creativity in midfield and the Betty goal shows what can happen if you get the ball into the box from wide areas.
Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:18 - Mar 3 with 993 viewsClive_Anderson

He needs to get further forward and run at players more. Sometimes it feels that he is trying to hard to be a team player rather than just go for it.

Although using a flukey win at Southampton after having a third of possession as evidence we're much better without him is a bit dense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024