Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt the new Buzacky 23:39 - Feb 23 with 9577 viewsThGrimRanger

Oh we're QPR fans, so a touch of skill here and a flick there seem to make a player beyond critism.

The combination of watching MOTD and having a few beverages has inspired me to share my extremely unpopular belief that Taarabt is frankly the reason why we're neither scoring goals or creating chances. I'm judging him purely as a premiership player and the fact that his 40+ appearances have delivered very little.

To his credit he seems to be more motivated and harder working than previous seasons but our last 5 games at home have been without a goal and for me he's the main culpit.

He was piss poor today but bar the Fulham game and Chelsea away he's done very little since promotion. He looks overweight, unfit and one early substution away from a bus ride home. I cringe at his 25 yard pea roller shots or his free kicks.

Bet that he still thinks, like most Rangers fans do, he's our best player.

Tin hat is on.

TheGrimRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 20:17 - Feb 25 with 1332 viewsblacky200

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 16:46 - Feb 25 by wood_hoop

So have I been around since the Bowles days, will agree he can be a good player but one of the best , may differ on that one.

Tarbatt has good technical skills but severely lacks intelligence when playing much of the time, dosn't help he is surrounded by so many others of the same ilk and its why so much of our poor play has resulted this season.

Not so sure he would be severly missed if/when he moves on, maybe we have been deprived so long of decent players he stands out even more, still think he has a way to go before he could be considered for my favourites list.

In my rush I didn't quite get my point across. I think he is technically one the most naturally gifted players I have seen at the Rs and would love to see him with some solid midfielders around him and intelligent forwards. Then he would really shine. It seems that he is shooting on sight and trying to get past too many players now as there are no other options for him.
It will be interesting to see what clubs come in for him during the Summer. Personally I think he will go abroad.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 20:31 - Feb 25 with 1326 viewsvegasranger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 17:48 - Feb 25 by Nov77

We've scored 19 goals this season, adel has 4 goals and has 5 assists. He alone has been involved in HALF our goals. The rest of the squad have contributed the other half between them.

Stupid thread and some stupid posts.

So Adel has scored 4 goals and set up 5 in 23 league games. That's not a lot from a player that has the team pretty much built around him. We have at least 2 players in our team that no - one really knows their best position. Mackie being the other. Play Adel on the left and he leaves the full back exposed, tends to drift inside offering no width.. Player him off the main striker , he drifts back into midfield and is never found in the box when a cross is put in. I watch on Fox in the States and the so called experts ( not that I agree with all their views ) don't rate him at all. Feel he flatters to decieve.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 20:32 - Feb 25 with 1321 viewsderbyhoop

Everything goes through Adel so if you stop him, you stop QPR. And, even when he's on song he cannot inject enough pace to trouble Premiership sides through midfield and towards their defense.

Since Zamora's injury, we haven't had anybody to hold the ball up in the opposition half and we haven't got players quick enough to get up in support.
We can't play through midfield because we don't pass well enough and too many of our players don't have a good enough first touch.
Compound that by playing Derry and Mbia to protect a sluggish back four and it's not hard to see why we struggle to score goals.
The return of Remy and Hoilett, coupled with Townsend and, God forbid, SWP will inject more pace.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 21:49 - Feb 25 with 1294 viewsThGrimRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 16:39 - Feb 25 by simmo

The OP is either trolling or an idiot. Maybe both.

Like a few other players in this team, just wait until we don't have him anymore and then you will learn how big a player he is. Our best outfield player by a country mile and if we had at least one other player with half his ability they might give the opposition somebody else to concentrate on and Taarabt wouldn't have to beat 2 or 3 men just to get some space to operate.

Best player of this generation at QPR

So you think I'm trolling when we haven't scored in 5 home games and our recently ever present Tarrabt has scored 6 times in 48 premiership games. We're not scoring goals but more worryingly we aren't creating many chances either. Something is very seriously wrong up front.

I'd wager you were also a big Buzsaky fan. The man who no one wanted until Portsmouth picked him up. And even then he couldn't get in their team.

Like Taarabt he had a great season for us and then lived on his inflated reputation. Always looked a few pounds overweight, fancied himself and flattered to deceive. Yet there were still some Rangers fans that threw a hissy fit if anyone questioned his ability.

I'd love Taarabt to start looking like the player I thought he was going to become. I always thought that when he grew up a bit then he'd become a top premiership player.

Now I'm not so sure.

TheGrimRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 09:00 - Feb 26 with 1245 viewsgazza1

Tarbs was poor on Saturday(again), cost us the first goal all on his own. Poor at Swansea as well and cost us against Norwich too.....but lets no worry he is still fantastic, etc, etc, etc and all is forgiven. Shocking.

Whilst he has improved, he still has many limitations in his game.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 09:20 - Feb 26 with 1248 viewsJigsore

Even Tarbs can't pull us out of this stinking mire. We're a bad team. When Adel leaves in the Summer and goes to some big club elsewhere, with a good team around him it'll be like the Championship all over again. Good luck to him

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:04 - Feb 26 with 1241 viewsTW_R

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 09:00 - Feb 26 by gazza1

Tarbs was poor on Saturday(again), cost us the first goal all on his own. Poor at Swansea as well and cost us against Norwich too.....but lets no worry he is still fantastic, etc, etc, etc and all is forgiven. Shocking.

So would you not play him then Gazza?

As you posted on the Gary Neville thread, " Under-rated by many in his playing days but not by the people that count. " - luckily for us you're one of the people that don't count!
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:27 - Feb 26 with 1226 viewsgazza1

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:04 - Feb 26 by TW_R

So would you not play him then Gazza?

As you posted on the Gary Neville thread, " Under-rated by many in his playing days but not by the people that count. " - luckily for us you're one of the people that don't count!

Would I play him??????....Probably but only just.
Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:38 - Feb 26 with 1225 viewsTW_R

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:27 - Feb 26 by gazza1

Would I play him??????....Probably but only just.

What - because he missed a penalty? Quite bizarre.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:02 - Feb 26 with 1214 viewsdaveB

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 09:00 - Feb 26 by gazza1

I agree he has limitations and playing him as a left winger in a 4-4-2 will expose most of them which is what happened on Saturday. I thought he played ok against Norwich but was poor in the last two which is something you can say about every player who played in those 3 games. His partnership with Remy looked promising but the injury to Remy has put a stop to that.

It sounds from Redknapp that we are going to go 4-4-2 and hit the big man from now on so I don't expect to see Tarrabt in the team too often anymore which is a crying shame imo.

I find comparsions with Buzsaky bizarre as Buz had half a good season then was injured for 2 years. He hardly played for us during the promotion year or last season.

Taarabt has been very good for us for 3 years now, yes he has poor games but for me he produces far more good than bad for the team.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:07 - Feb 26 with 1210 viewsJonDoeman

"Bet that he still thinks, like most Rangers fans do, he's our best player"

Who is our best player then mate?

It Is What It Is !!

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:15 - Feb 26 with 1206 viewsTW_R

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:07 - Feb 26 by JonDoeman

"Bet that he still thinks, like most Rangers fans do, he's our best player"

Who is our best player then mate?

Don't expect an answer on that one, as there is only one answer.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 12:31 - Feb 26 with 1177 viewsLoftusRdW12

"Personally I think he will go abroad"

Does Swansea count as abroad?

"I still don't know who scored our first and third goals. I'll have a look tonight." Neil Warnock

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 12:39 - Feb 26 with 1172 viewsTacticalR

Earlier in the season when Taarabt was moved into a more central role, I felt it was a mistake (I thought he was at his best cutting in from the left and shooting on his right foot as he did against West Ham). However, his central role seemed to work against Fulham, and he also provided a good outlet against Chelsea. The problem for me is that *Taarabt is not a playmaker*. In the game against Fulham he got his goals because Cissé acted as the dummy runner, dragging players away from Taarabt, but Taarabt never passed to him (and Cissé is not a man who is happy if you don't pass to him) and instead went for goal himself (which worked against Fulham).

We can use the fact that Taarabt is heavily marked to our advantage. The reason Taarabt's passing when surrounded is really important is that he can draw 3, 4 even 5 players towards him, and if he releases the ball at the right moment he can take out a significant portion of the opposition defence. This is what he did against Chelsea.

At the moment it feels like he is running into brick walls with packed defences in front of him, and for the moment his only solution is to take wild shots from distance.

Air hostess clique

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 12:54 - Feb 26 with 1156 viewsQPunkR

If we're going to continue playing Tarbs, we need the rest of the team TO FÚCKING GET FORWARD!!!
It's an impossible situation when we constantly only have one player in the opposition half when we get possession. Tarbs has an eye for a pass, but if there's only Bobby Zee ahead of him all he can do is play it into his feet or backwards to another player once they finally catch up to him. Our wingers really need to start pushing on more, we currently carry pretty much zero attacking threat.

QPR - "shit but local"

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 12:55 - Feb 26 with 1155 viewssimmo

This thread is dog shit

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:00 - Feb 26 with 1145 viewsQPunkR

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 12:55 - Feb 26 by simmo

This thread is dog shit

Very shrewdly written

QPR - "shit but local"

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:17 - Feb 26 with 1126 viewsgazza1

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 10:38 - Feb 26 by TW_R

What - because he missed a penalty? Quite bizarre.

Not just because he missed a penalty that cost us points......but also because he has not been playing well of late, probably 3/4 games now. Hopefully(but I doubt it) you will have seen that through those blinkers.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:19 - Feb 26 with 1124 viewsTacticalR

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 12:55 - Feb 26 by simmo

This thread is dog shit

But what's your favourite? Bulldog, Labrador, Pekingese?

Air hostess clique

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:26 - Feb 26 with 1115 viewsWestbourneR

Adel's shooting has been far too unreliable considering how many shots he takes.

But he does constantly show for the ball and makes things happen.

The real problem we have, as someone else has said, is no one is bombing forward and getting into the box - supporting and gambling on crosses. We have to get numbers forward from now on.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 1093 viewsTW_R

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:17 - Feb 26 by gazza1

Not just because he missed a penalty that cost us points......but also because he has not been playing well of late, probably 3/4 games now. Hopefully(but I doubt it) you will have seen that through those blinkers.

Well, I think that pretty much sums it up Gaz. You're measuring him on a penalty that lost us points. The keeper saved his penalty - that happens. And you say I'm biased!! But if you want to measure it like that we can talk about the 3 points he single-handedly gained against Fulham (which no other player in our squad could do, by the way), or his fantastic performance upfront on his own against Chelsea, where he also laid off a sublime pass to set-up the goal. Or the through-ball he played for Remy against West Ham?

But if you want to talk about the last 3/4 games specifically we can if you like.

Man Utd - Didn't have his best game, but far from the worst of our players on the day.

Swansea - As above, but had a better game than against Man Utd. Not sure who could've played in his place and done any better in what was a dreadful team performance. Open to suggestions though.

Man City - Played pretty well, carried out his role as asked and tried to get on the ball as much as possible. Good team performance all-round

West Ham - Set up our goal with a well-weighted defence-splitting pass, played a good team role under increasing amounts of pressure in the 2nd half.

I agree with you that he hasn't necessarily played to the level he is capable of in all our games, but I try to look at the whole picture. I don't see why he should be measured with higher expectations than any other players in the squad. And when you measure it like that, there are plenty of other players that should be higher up on your list for criticism than Adel.

As you said before, it's lucky the people in the know are picking the team and "punters" like you are just able to write stuff on here.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:07 - Feb 27 with 1051 viewsTacticalR

Wise words from Sandy on the Open All Rs podcast:

"Does anybody here think like me that Harry Redknapp's fallen into the trap of trying to build the team around Taarabt, and Taarabt is just not the lynchpin that we need to build the team around? He needs to be in the team, he needs to have a role, just not the pivotal role."

Air hostess clique

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:23 - Feb 27 with 1038 viewsJamie

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:07 - Feb 27 by TacticalR

Wise words from Sandy on the Open All Rs podcast:

"Does anybody here think like me that Harry Redknapp's fallen into the trap of trying to build the team around Taarabt, and Taarabt is just not the lynchpin that we need to build the team around? He needs to be in the team, he needs to have a role, just not the pivotal role."

Brave comment.

If HR wants to go 4-4-2 and direct with Remy off Zamora and Hoilett & Townsend running at full backs which has been rumoured, then Taarabts role becomes what has been imo his most effective one this season - coming off the bench with 30 to go ala WH & WBA.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:32 - Feb 27 with 1030 viewsTW_R

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:23 - Feb 27 by Jamie

Brave comment.

If HR wants to go 4-4-2 and direct with Remy off Zamora and Hoilett & Townsend running at full backs which has been rumoured, then Taarabts role becomes what has been imo his most effective one this season - coming off the bench with 30 to go ala WH & WBA.

He was pretty effective against Fulham and WH away.

Edit - what's the point in him coming on when the game is already lost like the WH game? Didn't he start both games against West Brom?
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:51 - Feb 27 with 1000 viewsR_from_afar

How many matchwinners have we got at the moment? Honestly? We need to win at least half of our remaining games so why would we want to reduce our odds of surviving by leaving Tarbs on the bench? We simply don't have enough games left to try to "motivate" him by leaving him out of the starting eleven.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024