Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt the new Buzacky 23:39 - Feb 23 with 9582 viewsThGrimRanger

Oh we're QPR fans, so a touch of skill here and a flick there seem to make a player beyond critism.

The combination of watching MOTD and having a few beverages has inspired me to share my extremely unpopular belief that Taarabt is frankly the reason why we're neither scoring goals or creating chances. I'm judging him purely as a premiership player and the fact that his 40+ appearances have delivered very little.

To his credit he seems to be more motivated and harder working than previous seasons but our last 5 games at home have been without a goal and for me he's the main culpit.

He was piss poor today but bar the Fulham game and Chelsea away he's done very little since promotion. He looks overweight, unfit and one early substution away from a bus ride home. I cringe at his 25 yard pea roller shots or his free kicks.

Bet that he still thinks, like most Rangers fans do, he's our best player.

Tin hat is on.

TheGrimRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 12:37 - Feb 24 with 1539 viewsRangersw12

Think we should go for a 4231 next week with Remy up top and a 3 of Townsend , Adel & Hoilett

Tell Adel to just stay in the opposition half and not to drop deep as he is wasted getting the ball in our half

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 12:48 - Feb 24 with 1529 viewsEalingRanger

Wow, talk about knee jerk reactions.

Yesterday was by far Adel's worst game of the season, he looked uninterested and never really got in the game. Shunted out on the wing and having to watch Mackie labour in his usual position behind the striker to no effect whatsoever. It was a case of Atlas shrugging yesterday IMO, Taarabt looked fed up, fed up of dragging this **** team along with him all season. 'Arry needs to get him motivated before the next game because he is the only player we have who looks capable of winning a match if he turns up.

If he is not our best (outfield) player then who is?
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:17 - Feb 24 with 1515 viewsAntti_Heinola

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:48 - Feb 24 by Neil_SI

The short story; he's been excellent for us and has developed in a way that you want to see young players develop. He's definitely a good Premier League player now and has put in some performances that proves he's better than a lot of other players.

The long story; he's probably down about the penalty miss against Norwich City and it's such a shame it happened to him. Out of all the players he's done the most to create chances and win us matches. The two wins against Fulham and Chelsea this season were certainly down to his play.

But for the last five matches; teams have realised that the only threat QPR possess is through Adel Taarabt, and they're paying far more attention to him and attempting to nullify his threat.

Manchester United did a good job on him yesterday; they won a lot of the skirmishes when he had the ball in one on on situations, and that happens. But what they did well and goes unnoticed is they actually suffocated the supply chain and cut off the areas where he likes to lurk and pick up the ball. A lot of those passes couldn't be made by their intelligent defensive positioning and therefore he wasn't able to get on the ball and drive (much like he did against Manchester City for example where he was wonderful to watch and the best player on the pitch by a mile).

It's an absolute misnomer that he's not fit enough. He's a broad and stocky player; a bit like Wayne Rooney in terms of his size. But he never misses matches, he never gets injured and he takes an awful lot of kicks from other players and just keeps getting back up and on with it. Heck, he even has two or three players hanging off his back sometimes; which you don't see happening to other players and yet most of the time he still gets away from them because he's as strong as an ox.

Perhaps he could be a little sharper and slimmer, but doing that would mean he loses some of those positives mentioned above about his strength. For me, it's not something I'd look at doing for him because his consistency in terms of appearances and not getting injured is really good. Muck around with his physique and weight would likely compromise that.

He certainly isn't the main culprit for a lack of goals; not even close. The reason we have a lack of goals is because we do not play out from the back well enough and cannot build our play in a way that other sides do.

We pick the wrong passes, play the wrong kind of balls and that's mixed in with nervous players or those who are not quite good enough technically with their first touch to take advantage. The squad is tactically naive; and any time they do advance forward and lose the ball they concede, so they become more and more timid about doing so and then it falls into a percentage game and scraps. You win some of those, you lose some of those.

And on top of that, the pitch is dreadful, which further compounds the problems above.

Excellent post Neil - spot on.

As some know, I will always defend Adel - I think no player has had a bigger impact on the club in the last 15 years. He's scored and created goals that have both saved us from relegation on two occasions and won us the league. The idea that he's not 'Premiership Quality' is not even laughable - it's stupid. If by 'Premiership Quality' people mean 'as good as Rooney or Aguerro' - fair enough. But he's easily good enough for this league.

However, I'm not myopic enough to pretend that he had a poor game yesterday, because he did. He lost the ball too much, even his short passes were not coming off. He can and should do much better. As Neil says, the pen miss seems to be affecting him - he needs to forget that and move on.

And the OP is sort of right. We are suffering with him in the team because actually, other teams know he is our only outlet, the only player we have capable of causing them damage. Mark him properly and we have nothing. Hopefully, with Remy coming back and us playing 2 up top, Taarabt might get a bit more space again.

Bare bones.

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 14:20 - Feb 24 with 1490 viewsdaveB

the problem isn't Taarabt it's that we have no one esle to create anything, we're not a team we just give the ball to Adel and hope he can win us the game and you can't win games at this levelif you rely so heavily on just one player
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:02 - Feb 24 with 1474 viewskensalriser

The pitch may be dreadful but it's a fck sight better than the 90% pure mud pitches the likes of Stan had to contend with.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:12 - Feb 24 with 1463 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 12:37 - Feb 24 by Rangersw12

Think we should go for a 4231 next week with Remy up top and a 3 of Townsend , Adel & Hoilett

Tell Adel to just stay in the opposition half and not to drop deep as he is wasted getting the ball in our half

Why Hoilett? Why why why? And Zamora should start with Remy up front

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:15 - Feb 24 with 1457 viewsRangersw12

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:12 - Feb 24 by RANGERS4EVER

Why Hoilett? Why why why? And Zamora should start with Remy up front

Because he hasn't been given a chance and is a better player than Mackie and SWP

As for Zamora can't last 90 mins so no point starting him bring him on in the last 25
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:18 - Feb 24 with 1450 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:15 - Feb 24 by Rangersw12

Because he hasn't been given a chance and is a better player than Mackie and SWP

As for Zamora can't last 90 mins so no point starting him bring him on in the last 25

Hoilett I think has been given chances and has never proved himself in any of those. To me he is just an overweight, lazy player who is here for the money and does not give a fcuk about playing.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:27 - Feb 24 with 1441 viewsRangersw12

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:18 - Feb 24 by RANGERS4EVER

Hoilett I think has been given chances and has never proved himself in any of those. To me he is just an overweight, lazy player who is here for the money and does not give a fcuk about playing.

He played well at Spurs away and at home to Everton

But has never had a sustained run in the side so might as well give him a chance as can't be any worse than the others
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:44 - Feb 24 with 1436 viewsJigsore

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:45 - Feb 24 with 1433 viewsEalingRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:18 - Feb 24 by RANGERS4EVER

He is so far overweight it's almost unbelievable.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:57 - Feb 24 with 1415 viewsHollowayRanger

big thing is we cant play two strikers and taarabt in premiership it leaves us really with just 3 in midfield taarabt has improved but he nowhere near a premiership midfielder who can defend tackle and head a ball

mackie mbia granero townsend they each protect an area in front of defence

granero mbia townsend
plus taarabt

and you attack taarabts area

that said he's the only show in town for QPR and for that the blame lays with the rest of the team where are the assits from granero swp hoillet mbia ect ect the goals from them and zamorra cisse

if taarabt doenst do it no one does!

remy is the wide card IF AND ITS IF he stays fit he could get the goals but its a massive if

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 16:52 - Feb 24 with 1392 viewscjc

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 11:48 - Feb 24 by Neil_SI

The short story; he's been excellent for us and has developed in a way that you want to see young players develop. He's definitely a good Premier League player now and has put in some performances that proves he's better than a lot of other players.

The long story; he's probably down about the penalty miss against Norwich City and it's such a shame it happened to him. Out of all the players he's done the most to create chances and win us matches. The two wins against Fulham and Chelsea this season were certainly down to his play.

But for the last five matches; teams have realised that the only threat QPR possess is through Adel Taarabt, and they're paying far more attention to him and attempting to nullify his threat.

Manchester United did a good job on him yesterday; they won a lot of the skirmishes when he had the ball in one on on situations, and that happens. But what they did well and goes unnoticed is they actually suffocated the supply chain and cut off the areas where he likes to lurk and pick up the ball. A lot of those passes couldn't be made by their intelligent defensive positioning and therefore he wasn't able to get on the ball and drive (much like he did against Manchester City for example where he was wonderful to watch and the best player on the pitch by a mile).

It's an absolute misnomer that he's not fit enough. He's a broad and stocky player; a bit like Wayne Rooney in terms of his size. But he never misses matches, he never gets injured and he takes an awful lot of kicks from other players and just keeps getting back up and on with it. Heck, he even has two or three players hanging off his back sometimes; which you don't see happening to other players and yet most of the time he still gets away from them because he's as strong as an ox.

Perhaps he could be a little sharper and slimmer, but doing that would mean he loses some of those positives mentioned above about his strength. For me, it's not something I'd look at doing for him because his consistency in terms of appearances and not getting injured is really good. Muck around with his physique and weight would likely compromise that.

He certainly isn't the main culprit for a lack of goals; not even close. The reason we have a lack of goals is because we do not play out from the back well enough and cannot build our play in a way that other sides do.

We pick the wrong passes, play the wrong kind of balls and that's mixed in with nervous players or those who are not quite good enough technically with their first touch to take advantage. The squad is tactically naive; and any time they do advance forward and lose the ball they concede, so they become more and more timid about doing so and then it falls into a percentage game and scraps. You win some of those, you lose some of those.

And on top of that, the pitch is dreadful, which further compounds the problems above.

+ 1

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:13 - Feb 25 with 1359 viewsDANRANGER

Was catching up with the message board and wondered if there was a Taarabt post.

He is an easy target as most our moves go through him and he is willing to take responsibility on the pitch that others shy away from. He is not as good as some make out but he is also not as poor as the OP claims. I do feel that Shearer highlighted on MOTD an important part of his game where he can improve though as he does always like to come towards the ball and therefore is less dangerous to the opposition.

In the right team he will bring quality at PL level but we are just not set up to give him that platform. He performs best as a 4-5-1 and needs a Helguson type in front of him and Zamora has just not been fit enough to be this. He then needs wide players who can interchange with him and those we have lack the confidence to do this. 2 holding players behind him we do have but again confidence is the key to want to get on the ball and force the play.

All we seem to have at the moment is a bunch of individuals just waiting for the relegation to be confirmed but I feel Taarabt will give his all until the end and there's not many I can say will do likewise.

In summary he isn't the problem, although he can still improve, and others need to take a hard look at themselves.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:37 - Feb 25 with 1335 viewsThGrimRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:13 - Feb 25 by DANRANGER

Was catching up with the message board and wondered if there was a Taarabt post.

He is an easy target as most our moves go through him and he is willing to take responsibility on the pitch that others shy away from. He is not as good as some make out but he is also not as poor as the OP claims. I do feel that Shearer highlighted on MOTD an important part of his game where he can improve though as he does always like to come towards the ball and therefore is less dangerous to the opposition.

In the right team he will bring quality at PL level but we are just not set up to give him that platform. He performs best as a 4-5-1 and needs a Helguson type in front of him and Zamora has just not been fit enough to be this. He then needs wide players who can interchange with him and those we have lack the confidence to do this. 2 holding players behind him we do have but again confidence is the key to want to get on the ball and force the play.

All we seem to have at the moment is a bunch of individuals just waiting for the relegation to be confirmed but I feel Taarabt will give his all until the end and there's not many I can say will do likewise.

In summary he isn't the problem, although he can still improve, and others need to take a hard look at themselves.

As OP on this thread I may have been a tad harsh in hindsight. It's just that he fills such a crutial position for us on the pitch and it seems to bear such little fruit. I bet he hits his shots as sweet as a nut in training but he rarely manages to do it on the pitch. And there's the killer pass...sometimes they come off but few and far between. Each time it loses us possession, opposition gains confidence and start controlling the game. His set pieces are also very poor.

I'd love to see some OPTA stats on the amount of times he loses possession.

The player that single handed tore a quality Swansea team apart at HQ 2 years ago hasn't developed into the player I hoped he was going to be.

He's still young and has been let down by his underperforming fellow midfielders and forwards.

TheGrimRanger

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:47 - Feb 25 with 1241 viewsPinnerPaul

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:02 - Feb 24 by kensalriser

The pitch may be dreadful but it's a fck sight better than the 90% pure mud pitches the likes of Stan had to contend with.

Pitch didn't seem to bother Giggs too much!
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:52 - Feb 25 with 1234 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 16:52 - Feb 24 by cjc

+ 1

+2

Though Taarabt does get a free ride for the amount of balls he wastes and his occasional reluctance to burst his hole. He was pathetic on Saturday and, love him though I do, it was inexcusable.

The OP has a point. When he's like that the entire team suffers. Even when he's on song he has to learn to bring others in to the play more. Whether it's lack of vision or selfishness, his failure to do so can cost us massively.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:59 - Feb 25 with 1227 viewsbaz_qpr

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 13:37 - Feb 25 by ThGrimRanger

As OP on this thread I may have been a tad harsh in hindsight. It's just that he fills such a crutial position for us on the pitch and it seems to bear such little fruit. I bet he hits his shots as sweet as a nut in training but he rarely manages to do it on the pitch. And there's the killer pass...sometimes they come off but few and far between. Each time it loses us possession, opposition gains confidence and start controlling the game. His set pieces are also very poor.

I'd love to see some OPTA stats on the amount of times he loses possession.

The player that single handed tore a quality Swansea team apart at HQ 2 years ago hasn't developed into the player I hoped he was going to be.

He's still young and has been let down by his underperforming fellow midfielders and forwards.

At one point this season his opta stats for dribble completions were better than messi's I think there was some other stat that perhaps one other player was ahead of him for incisive pass completions (i.e those leading to a chance )

I'd like to see Mackie's opta stats in comparison! I dont get the he has a bad game lets pick on Adel mentality, there are 8 or 9 players that contribute less.

One thing I do agree with though although not popular to say is that he's gone a little bit backward under Harry.

Anyway Southampton is going to be 4-4-2 probably with Adel on the left and god knows who in the rest of midfield
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 14:19 - Feb 25 with 1220 viewsdaveB

If we play 4-4-2 with Taarabt on the left wing again then I fully expect him to struggle again, he'll drift inside and leave a huge gap for the left back to deal with and he won't get into positions where he can hurt anyone or be close enough to the forwards to interchange with them.

I thought him and Remy up front together looked promising at West Ham and home to City, I'd stick with that
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 14:40 - Feb 25 with 1214 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 14:19 - Feb 25 by daveB

If we play 4-4-2 with Taarabt on the left wing again then I fully expect him to struggle again, he'll drift inside and leave a huge gap for the left back to deal with and he won't get into positions where he can hurt anyone or be close enough to the forwards to interchange with them.

I thought him and Remy up front together looked promising at West Ham and home to City, I'd stick with that

Spot on, Dave. Me too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:56 - Feb 25 with 1196 viewsblacky200

At least we won't have to put up with post after post about how he isn't good enough next season. He is the only player we have who can turn a game. If I was Tarbs I would be looking to get out of QPR ASAP. It is doing nothing for his career now. I have been going since Stan Bowles' day and Tarbs is still one of the best I have seen. All those moaning about him will be wishing for him back after he has gone.
Yep he hasn't had the best season. But I still think he has improved his overall game massively this year it is just a shame that he hasn't had anyone around remotely close to being in form that he can actually pass to.
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 16:39 - Feb 25 with 1180 viewssimmo

The OP is either trolling or an idiot. Maybe both.

Like a few other players in this team, just wait until we don't have him anymore and then you will learn how big a player he is. Our best outfield player by a country mile and if we had at least one other player with half his ability they might give the opposition somebody else to concentrate on and Taarabt wouldn't have to beat 2 or 3 men just to get some space to operate.

Best player of this generation at QPR

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 16:46 - Feb 25 with 1176 viewswood_hoop

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 15:56 - Feb 25 by blacky200

At least we won't have to put up with post after post about how he isn't good enough next season. He is the only player we have who can turn a game. If I was Tarbs I would be looking to get out of QPR ASAP. It is doing nothing for his career now. I have been going since Stan Bowles' day and Tarbs is still one of the best I have seen. All those moaning about him will be wishing for him back after he has gone.
Yep he hasn't had the best season. But I still think he has improved his overall game massively this year it is just a shame that he hasn't had anyone around remotely close to being in form that he can actually pass to.

So have I been around since the Bowles days, will agree he can be a good player but one of the best , may differ on that one.

Tarbatt has good technical skills but severely lacks intelligence when playing much of the time, dosn't help he is surrounded by so many others of the same ilk and its why so much of our poor play has resulted this season.

Not so sure he would be severly missed if/when he moves on, maybe we have been deprived so long of decent players he stands out even more, still think he has a way to go before he could be considered for my favourites list.

Taarabt the new Buzacky on 17:07 - Feb 25 with 1161 viewsactonman

I have said before that taarabt is a luxury we can't utilise properly but at the same time we can't play without him.
The only position he can really play is behind the striker as in midfield he cannot do the defensive stuff like tackle and header
This in turn leaves us with the problem of playing 1 up top like Zamora to win and hold up leaving us without a goal scoring striker or play 2 up top and leaving us short in midfield
Taarabt the new Buzacky on 17:48 - Feb 25 with 1150 viewsNov77

We've scored 19 goals this season, adel has 4 goals and has 5 assists. He alone has been involved in HALF our goals. The rest of the squad have contributed the other half between them.

Stupid thread and some stupid posts.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024