Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. 19:49 - Apr 7 with 1541 viewsbosh67

The players can't give up until the maths doesn't add up.

6 games, 18 points = 42 points potentially after 38 games.

Yes it is a miracle, yes it is unlikely but... if this team, if Harry and the staff and if we as fans have real metal, nothing is impossible.

When the maths doesn't add up we're down. Until then we all have to dust ourselves down and see if we can do what Wigan have been doing from a similar position year in year out.

I know that 99% of you will say no chance but we seriously have absolutely nothing to lose. We just have to get out there in the last 6 games and throw caution to the wind. The worst that will happen is the inevitable. The best is a miracle. And while we have the maths a miracle is possible.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 19:52 - Apr 7 with 1518 viewsTHEBUSH

Yep, we fight on, our luck or whatever you call it has to change sometime, doesn't it ?
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 19:56 - Apr 7 with 1500 viewscheeseydane

I have a hunch many of our players are no good at Maths.

For example, they seem to think 10 is better than 11,..

or that 2 yellows does not equal 1 red,

or that the soreline 2-3 is not good.

Just a hunch.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 22:00 - Apr 7 with 1413 viewsSeth_Gecko

We are down. Get used to it.

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 00:07 - Apr 8 with 1340 viewskropotkin41

In all probability we are down, but the fact remains that Bosh is right, we aren't down until we are mathematically down. We could still get enough points and the team better not give up........... at this stage I don't think they will......

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 00:19 - Apr 8 with 1332 viewsNorthernr

Every day we cling to this rubbish is a day less we're preparing for the division below - which already has a clutch of clubs like Middlesbrough, Derby, Leeds, Ipswich with seasons over preparing for a title tile next season, and will quickly add teams like Bolton, Watford, Forest and others to that as they fall away.

They need to be preparing now. Right now. Not clining to some ludicrous hope that this bunch of accident prone idiots are suddenly going to win six of seven remaining games. Spend this period getting over the disappointment, get ready to hit the ground running.

Look at the bottom of the Championship - you'll find Blackpool, Blackburn and Wolves. Fair warning.
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 00:28 - Apr 8 with 1315 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 00:19 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Every day we cling to this rubbish is a day less we're preparing for the division below - which already has a clutch of clubs like Middlesbrough, Derby, Leeds, Ipswich with seasons over preparing for a title tile next season, and will quickly add teams like Bolton, Watford, Forest and others to that as they fall away.

They need to be preparing now. Right now. Not clining to some ludicrous hope that this bunch of accident prone idiots are suddenly going to win six of seven remaining games. Spend this period getting over the disappointment, get ready to hit the ground running.

Look at the bottom of the Championship - you'll find Blackpool, Blackburn and Wolves. Fair warning.

I keep seeing this 'let's prepare for the championship' stuff and find it a bit naive. Who in their right mind would write off the chance of staying in the prem by preparing for next season in a lower league. And what exactly does it mean in practical terms ?
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 00:31 - Apr 8 with 1310 viewsNorthernr

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 00:28 - Apr 8 by CroydonCaptJack

I keep seeing this 'let's prepare for the championship' stuff and find it a bit naive. Who in their right mind would write off the chance of staying in the prem by preparing for next season in a lower league. And what exactly does it mean in practical terms ?

Well, for a start, who's our manager next season? Championship clubs will already be lining up Championship signings - we need to be doing the same.

Naive is thinking a team this bad is going to suddenly put five wins on the board from six games.
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 00:37 - Apr 8 with 1304 viewskropotkin41

I think you're right NorthernR, of course we need to prepare for the Championship - I had naively hoped that we might have been doing that since Hughes got the boot.

The thing is that we are not mathematically relegated yet - that's all.

I'm sure that after today - if not earlier - there has been a realisation at the top that Plan B (relegation) has now become the plan to concentrate on.

"Accident prone idiots" just about sums it up. After 32 games and 2 managers of it, it's got to be time to stop talking about bad luck.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 06:49 - Apr 8 with 1260 viewsSupertk

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 00:31 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Well, for a start, who's our manager next season? Championship clubs will already be lining up Championship signings - we need to be doing the same.

Naive is thinking a team this bad is going to suddenly put five wins on the board from six games.

I don't follow you on this one (for a change..)., One thing is for supporters to give up hope and face the ugly truth of relegation, but do you seriously mean that manager and players should say that we are now down and just consentrate on next season with 6 games to go? That would be absolutely pathetic, it ain't over 'til it's over..
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 07:19 - Apr 8 with 1236 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 06:49 - Apr 8 by Supertk

I don't follow you on this one (for a change..)., One thing is for supporters to give up hope and face the ugly truth of relegation, but do you seriously mean that manager and players should say that we are now down and just consentrate on next season with 6 games to go? That would be absolutely pathetic, it ain't over 'til it's over..

This is exactly what I meant. Even the most optimistic of us now realize a miracle is required but I for one would hate to see us hoist the white flag.
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 07:29 - Apr 8 with 1221 viewsDesertBoot

Planning should have started the moment Zamora decided to put hip problems aside and karate kick Gomez.

Wish I could be like David Watts

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 07:32 - Apr 8 with 1218 viewsstuartqpr

The players and management (everybody associated with on-field goings on) should give everything each game, heck they should be aiming for 6 wins (even though we know its not going to happen).

If anything it should almost put the pressure off the players, that sort of we have nothing to lose mentality lets go out there and give it a go.
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 07:49 - Apr 8 with 1195 viewsCharlie1

But no-one can sign any players yet? The window isn't open.

The ccc is scary especially the bottom of that league so I agree. But how can we prepare when 3 games ago we had hope? Now hope has all but evaporated but we're not suddenly going to magic up a chsmpionship manager unless we go for Warnock or someone of his ilk. Or put in Cotteril now.

As fans we should enjoy watching Remy and andros these next 6 games. When the inevitable happens only then should they action the plans I hope they have. But part of that involves meetings with Redknapp and budgeting. Too early for that right now.

2:59 baby!

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 08:11 - Apr 8 with 1176 viewsPhilmyRs

I assume we still want to see the best players? And try and win games? If we do then what does planning for the championship mean? Picking inferior players? Not trying during games? If it does, then no, I don't want to plan for the championship just yet
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 09:28 - Apr 8 with 1126 viewsToast_R

Blimey, good job Winston Churchill didn't take many of these attitudes, we'd have been practicing German before the first Spitfire had taken off in anger.
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 09:38 - Apr 8 with 1109 viewspomanjou

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 09:28 - Apr 8 by Toast_R

Blimey, good job Winston Churchill didn't take many of these attitudes, we'd have been practicing German before the first Spitfire had taken off in anger.

You are so right.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 09:42 - Apr 8 with 1098 viewsTheChef

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 09:38 - Apr 8 by pomanjou

You are so right.

You would like to think the board/management has a plan for if we stay up and a plan for if we go down.

Probably not though.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 09:45 - Apr 8 with 1092 viewsadhoc_qpr

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 09:38 - Apr 8 by pomanjou

You are so right.

Disagree, pretty sure if the Germans had invaded, taken London and destroyed our army, navy and airforce - Churchill would have been suing for peace, not planning a suicidal attack...

Everyone bar Tony Fernandez and the hardcore optimists in our supporting have surely deep down been expecting relegation for at least half the season?

4 wins, bottom 2 all season, infighting, countless mistakes etc etc all have been pointing to one thing all the way along!
The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 09:48 - Apr 8 with 1083 viewsJuzzie

For all we know, the club privately could already be making contingency plans for the Championship whilst publicly still maintaining hope for survival.

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 09:53 - Apr 8 with 1073 viewsTheBlob

How the hell do you know what's available - players,managers....the season's still extant for other clubs.The f*cking world doesn't revolve about Queen's Park Rangers.
What else are you going to prepare for that might not happen?N.Korea invading Wandsworth or something?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 10:22 - Apr 8 with 1050 viewsLOFT67

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 09:28 - Apr 8 by Toast_R

We shall go onto the end,we shall fight as one,we shall fight at home and away,we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength on the field of play, we shall defend loftus road whatever the cost may be. We shall fight against everton, stoke and reading, we shall fight against arsenal and newcastle, we shall fight up at anfield, we shall never surreder.

Loft67

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 10:29 - Apr 8 with 1042 viewsclassof93

The miracle is in the maths and the player's belief. on 00:31 - Apr 8 by Northernr

The board may well be making plans for the Championship behind the scenes.....but what do you expect them to say/do now?....While there is a possibility (albeit small) of staying up they have to remain positive. I don't understand what they should be doing differently? As mentioned the transfer window is closed and Redknapp has stated he wants to stay.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024