Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football manager stole my life. 17:21 - Aug 14 with 8734 viewsrunningman75

Just finished this book. Very good about the obsessiveness from Championship Manager and the affect this had had on relationships etc. I can remember around 10 years ago losing whole weekends on this game. Also looks at the the players who were stars in the game and scouting systems throughout the world so many young stars come through football manager. Maybe someone should get Harry Redknapp the latest version.
Football manager stole my life. on 19:21 - Aug 14 with 6460 viewsQPRDave

Should be a volume 2 of this book out very soon ....Football manager ruined my team....

The Mark Hughes story!
Football manager stole my life. on 23:34 - Aug 14 with 6297 viewsNorthLondonR

I'm imagining the day we sign the dream trio of Kenny Lunt, Onesimo and To Madeira
Football manager stole my life. on 23:45 - Aug 14 with 6275 viewsNorthernr

I definitely would have got better GCSE, A Level and Degree marks if it wasn't for that bloody game.

Can't take those consecutive European Cups won with Castel Di Sangro away from me though can they?
Football manager stole my life. on 23:48 - Aug 14 with 6268 viewsNeil_SI

Football manager stole my life. on 23:45 - Aug 14 by Northernr

I definitely would have got better GCSE, A Level and Degree marks if it wasn't for that bloody game.

Can't take those consecutive European Cups won with Castel Di Sangro away from me though can they?

Stop whining...

We just announced Football Manager 2014 today.
Football manager stole my life. on 00:01 - Aug 15 with 6236 viewsBasingstokeR

I would always sign andri sigporsson and now I read he's retired and opened a bakery!whilst his younger brother is playing for Ajax. Doudou was way too good one year too.
Football manager stole my life. on 04:54 - Aug 15 with 6170 viewsstuartqpr

my biggest achievement was getting Karl Connoly a legitimate England cap (no add international manager cheating) at the age of 33. The QPR team on 01/02 in div 2 although financially bankrupt was outstanding. buy Mike Duff from cheltenham for 24k and let richard paquette blossom into the countries most sought after marksman.
Football manager stole my life. on 09:16 - Aug 15 with 6060 viewstoboboly

Football manager stole my life. on 00:01 - Aug 15 by BasingstokeR

I would always sign andri sigporsson and now I read he's retired and opened a bakery!whilst his younger brother is playing for Ajax. Doudou was way too good one year too.

YES!

Championship Manager 3 I think it was, he was immense. As was Zlatan Muslimovic and a guy called Derek Boateg (their spelling mistake not mine) who had shit stats but would bag you 20+ goals a year no matter what league. Think he played for Kalamata.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Football manager stole my life. on 09:25 - Aug 15 with 6050 viewsNorthernr

Tonton Zola Moukouko

Also, randomly, Alan Pouton at Grimsby one year was good for 12-15 worldies a season.
Login to get fewer ads

Football manager stole my life. on 09:31 - Aug 15 with 6040 viewstoboboly

Football manager stole my life. on 09:25 - Aug 15 by Northernr

Tonton Zola Moukouko

Also, randomly, Alan Pouton at Grimsby one year was good for 12-15 worldies a season.

Remember that. Pouton would inevitably play for England in my ones. Also the developers must have been Pompey fans because Southampton were impossible to keep up. As were Carlisle.

Football manager stole my life. on 09:37 - Aug 15 with 6030 viewsTonto

it was a far more interesting game when we had no money and you had to work hard to get Bosmans or players from lower leagues.

I usually dont play QPR on more recent versions - its too easy.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Football manager stole my life. on 09:39 - Aug 15 with 6026 viewssimmo

I have been close to buying a laptop JUST for FM.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Football manager stole my life. on 09:43 - Aug 15 with 6019 viewsBasingstokeR

You can get it from the AppStore too without a laptop
Football manager stole my life. on 09:56 - Aug 15 with 5996 viewssimmo

Football manager stole my life. on 09:43 - Aug 15 by BasingstokeR

You can get it from the AppStore too without a laptop

That is a really scaled back version. I also dont find it anywhere near as realistic as the main game.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Football manager stole my life. on 09:59 - Aug 15 with 5989 viewstoboboly

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/pchx88tuabhwpmuhaf/pc-director-of-football--ally-mc

Bought the above from a Woolworths bargain bin years ago. Was fantastically bad. If anyone wants to buy it they can have it for a tenner.

Football manager stole my life. on 10:03 - Aug 15 with 5984 viewsfakekerby

Eddie Johnson (the American) up front would guarentee you 40 goals a season at any level for about a million quid despite only having good physical stats.
Football manager stole my life. on 10:05 - Aug 15 with 5978 viewsMetallica_Hoop

'Total War Medieval 2', 'Heroes III' and 'World of Tanks' are just as addictive put them all together has taken out weeks of my life.
On a plus point though the amount I drink means I have saved thousands of pounds by killing shit instead.

Silver lining and all that.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Football manager stole my life. on 10:07 - Aug 15 with 5973 viewsJamie

Sergey Kisliy. 17 year old Belarussian from MTZ Ripo. Wouldn't get a WP at first but if you kept persisting the game got pissed off and have him one. £100k would get him and by the age of 20 he'd guarentee 30+ a season at any level.
Football manager stole my life. on 10:32 - Aug 15 with 5940 viewsWegerle10

Two words, one player who time and time again became a world star for me;

Kennedy Bakircioglu.

Great book that too.

We're the famous Queens Park Rangers, and we've got Roy Wegerle!

Football manager stole my life. on 10:42 - Aug 15 with 5929 viewsClive_Anderson

Championship Manager 00/01 was the best. Just complex enough without being a chore like the later ones got a bit.

I took Port Talbot Athletic from the Welsh League to the European Cup final. The club directors still wouldn't up the maximum wage I could offer to over £300 though the stingy bastards, so I never did get to win the thing.
Football manager stole my life. on 10:45 - Aug 15 with 5918 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Champ Manager '97

Make note of Klinsmann, Gascoine etc stats and then sign the 16 year old regeneration which had exactly the same stats.... Could only play for 30 seasons on that though. Was Very Angry at the time when told I had hit max seasons.

00/01 Dean Shiels! Justin Gorcelin (sp) and Mike Duff. Sign all and rule the WORLD
[Post edited 15 Aug 2013 10:46]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Football manager stole my life. on 10:47 - Aug 15 with 5906 viewsJamieNaz

Kim Kallstrom and Mike Kerr from Dundee. Can't even remember if they were in the same version of the game. All blends into one now.

Robbie Earnshaw used to either be an absolute God or crap due to variation in his potential in one of the old ones.

The new one is maybe a bit too complex - but still bloody love them. £40 seems a bit steep for the new one though...
Football manager stole my life. on 10:48 - Aug 15 with 5903 viewstoboboly

I always seemed to do well for 6/7 seasons then out of nowhere the team would fail no matter what players I brought in or what tactics I tried.

Football manager stole my life. on 11:04 - Aug 15 with 5880 viewslave16

Football manager stole my life. on 19:21 - Aug 14 by QPRDave

Should be a volume 2 of this book out very soon ....Football manager ruined my team....

The Mark Hughes story!

Hughes bought the 2008 version and stuck to it signing players that may have been good then...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Football manager stole my life. on 11:20 - Aug 15 with 5853 viewsJuzzie

In all my years of watching football, I have to say that computer football games have never ever appealed to me. Partly 'cos I was crap when I did try many years ago but mainly 'cos I like 1st/3rd person adventure/killing type games!
Football manager stole my life. on 11:34 - Aug 15 with 5829 viewsQPunkR

Remember one of the earlier versions of Football Manager, playing non-league THE players to get were Scott Huckerby and Jermaine Beckford, who was 16 at the time.
Also if playing in Div 1, Tommi Gronlund could be bought for a song and would put in like important 10 tackles from defensive midfield per game, as well as chipping in at the other end.

The all time best ChampMan player was undoubtely Tonton Zola Moukoko. What a player! Closely followed by sibgorsson (don't know how to do all the foreign lettering!)

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024